Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think we have the most players going to the WC in the Prem. 

Kante, Reece, Chilwell (depending upon injury severity) are all out of WC.   Jorginho, Auba aren't involved, would be surprised to see Chalobah/Gallagher called-up.  Ziyech should be sold at the first opportunity, what a waste of a player. 

That leaves: Mendy, T.Silva, Koulibaly, Kovacic, Zakaria, Pulisic, Mount, Havertz, Sterling (9)

City would have: Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Stones, KdB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Grealish, Foden, Rodri (12)

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

Kante, Reece, Chilwell (depending upon injury severity) are all out of WC.   Jorginho, Auba aren't involved, would be surprised to see Chalobah/Gallagher called-up.  Ziyech should be sold at the first opportunity, what a waste of a player. 

That leaves: Mendy, T.Silva, Koulibaly, Kovacic, Zakaria, Pulisic, Mount, Havertz, Sterling (9)

City would have: Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Stones, KdB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Grealish, Foden, Rodri (12)

Yeah I think the goalposts have probably changed compared to at the start of the season. I'm sure when the season was starting, we were touted to potentially have 19 players going which would have been the most around Europe I believe.

But that figure I assume took into account players who might well be on the fringes of their national teams and could end up going - for example Gallagher, Fofana, Cucurella, Azpi.

With lack of form/minutes and the injuries we've suffered, we might actually get somewhat fortunate that not too many make the World Cup. 

Having said that I am now a little in two minds over what's best for some players. The World Cup is, what, potentially 7 games across a month. It's not a ridiculous schedule of games (without the World Cup, the winter schedule is usually worse) so are we better off players remaining match fit throughout or are we better off with what looks like potentially quite a few players not going and getting a proper rest to tackle the second half of the season but having to try and maintain fitness for a prolonged period. If I had to pick, I'd still plump for the latter but games will come thick and fast after this world cup, and we don't want to be slow and sluggish starting back up again.

2 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Why not us, our players are already falling apart, why would it be better after WC?

During the WC Potter will have time to work with youth and players not going. If we have fit players come back, the team will be playing his system better.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

During the WC Potter will have time to work with youth and players not going. If we have fit players come back, the team will be playing his system better.

There is a good chance too that a few of our players don't get too far in the tournament. Besides Thiago Silva with Brazil, and Germany are always a curious case in knockout football so perhaps Havertz, I don't see many others getting too far unless they get a fortunate run.

England may do something but have usually struggled with World Cups outside of Europe and I don't think will deal with the climate, etc as well as European sides like Spain or Portugal will. Should get through the groups, but I think will need some good fortune on their side to get much beyond that.

2 hours ago, Superblue said:

There is a good chance too that a few of our players don't get too far in the tournament. Besides Thiago Silva with Brazil, and Germany are always a curious case in knockout football so perhaps Havertz, I don't see many others getting too far unless they get a fortunate run.

England may do something but have usually struggled with World Cups outside of Europe and I don't think will deal with the climate, etc as well as European sides like Spain or Portugal will. Should get through the groups, but I think will need some good fortune on their side to get much beyond that.

Right. I do not expect us to go very far but as you say you never know with German NT. Can so see Kai tearing it up down there. Our team has great potential but lacks that last bit of quality.  Timo is out of the WC btw.

England I think is again one of the favourites and will probably go out on pens in the semis I'd wager. Brazil will probably win so I hope we give Thiago a nice holiday afterwards.

Fofana, RJ, Chilly, Kante all out already. We surely will pick up a few more injuries in the remaining games.

Kepa, Cucu are both starters for us now but will probably not go to the WC anyway

So we will have at least 5 starters missing out but returning early next year.

Liverpool and Chelsea to fight for Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after learning eye-watering fee

Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia aka 'Kvaradona' has emerged as one of the most in-demand players in Europe this season with his pulsating performances for the Serie A leaders

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-liverpool-khvicha-kvaratskhelia-transfer-28404230

Liverpool and Chelsea are set to battle over Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after his price tag was revealed.

The Napoli winger has emerged as a breakthrough talent already this season by scoring eight goals and providing 10 assists in 17 appearances across all competitions. As a result, clubs across Europe are taking an interest in the 21-year-old, including Premier League giants Liverpool and Chelsea, who are both expected to make approaches next year.

However, he will not come cheap, with his agent Christian Emile revealing that he expects Napoli to demand €100m (£86m) to part company with the Georgian international nicknamed by fans as 'Kvaradona'. 

Speaking to Fabrizio Romano, Emile explained: “He’s come to Napoli, he’s been brilliant, and people are talking about 100m euros.

“For me, if he continues to perform like this till the end of the season and next season, because there’s a zero per cent chance they sell him (in January). He will reach 100m euros for sure.”

Kvaratskhelia, who has also been linked with Manchester City in recent weeks, will not be allowed to leave Napoli until next summer at the earliest, with his contract not expiring until 2027.

He only moved to the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in the summer, signing from Dinamo Batumi in his native Georgia for £9million.

Edited by Vesper

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Liverpool and Chelsea to fight for Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after learning eye-watering fee

Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia aka 'Kvaradona' has emerged as one of the most in-demand players in Europe this season with his pulsating performances for the Serie A leaders

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-liverpool-khvicha-kvaratskhelia-transfer-28404230

Liverpool and Chelsea are set to battle over Khvicha Kvaratskhelia after his price tag was revealed.

The Napoli winger has emerged as a breakthrough talent already this season by scoring eight goals and providing 10 assists in 17 appearances across all competitions. As a result, clubs across Europe are taking an interest in the 21-year-old, including Premier League giants Liverpool and Chelsea, who are both expected to make approaches next year.

However, he will not come cheap, with his agent Christian Emile revealing that he expects Napoli to demand €100m (£86m) to part company with the Georgian international nicknamed by fans as 'Kvaradona'. 

Speaking to Fabrizio Romano, Emile explained: “He’s come to Napoli, he’s been brilliant, and people are talking about 100m euros.

“For me, if he continues to perform like this till the end of the season and next season, because there’s a zero per cent chance they sell him (in January). He will reach 100m euros for sure.”

Kvaratskhelia, who has also been linked with Manchester City in recent weeks, will not be allowed to leave Napoli until next summer at the earliest, with his contract not expiring until 2027.

He only moved to the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in the summer, signing from Dinamo Batumi in his native Georgia for £9million.

Looks a very promising player, but €100m, that is crazy. 

On 29/10/2022 at 22:40, Superblue said:

I think he's a good player but like a lot of players, I just don't think he justifies the price tag Ajax will want, and particularly when he's unproven in a league stronger than the Eredivisie.

His profile as a DM is something we're missing, but his passing isn't anything special and I worry in particular about that part of his game in a league that is played at a quicker tempo. He'd provide us with a much more solid defensive base within the midfield and also add a physical presence in there, but I think people would quickly become frustrated with him being able to 'play' to a high enough level.

I begrudge spending the sort of money West Ham will want for Rice but if we're comparing the two, I see a more rounded player in Rice who can do both sides of the game (granted we're not talking playmaking ability, but he is capable of driving with the ball and passing through the lines). 

The longer-term outlook has to be finding players like Alvarez earlier in the process when he's £5, 10, 15m. I think if the ownership can get a couple of European clubs into the 'group' they're looking to build, a team or two in places like Holland and Portugal will hopefully provide a base to be able to look at heavily scouting areas such as North and South America without worrying about work permits. We can just park these players for a couple of years until they develop hopefully to a quality to play for Chelsea.

On 30/10/2022 at 01:59, Magic Lamps said:

He is the exact type of player zakaria is but slower. There is absolutely no point in exchanging the too if there apparently is no room for either 

I don't see the similarity other then that they are playing in the same line. There are players that you can place throughout the pitch that are chameleons, wherever they play they adapt. And you have players that have never scored a goal in their lives and start shooting from 40 yards at 0-0. Alvarez is very different, he's very dedicated to his position and his role, he solely focusses on stealing the ball and give it to the right colour. So as Superblue says, if you want a more well rounded player, Alvarez isn't the player you want. But well rounded doesn't necessarily mean better in a team, if one player just solely focus on defending in midfield, the rest has to focus less on that and can just focus more on attacking. He has quite an underrated role in Ajax' success in Europe the last years. What I do wonder if he can cope in the pressure of the Premier League every week, with Ajax there are important Champions League games followed up by games against teams that they could deal with on 50%. Plus there obviously are many examples of Eredivisie players that couldn't make it in the Premier League. 

Now that I'm typing anyways, what about Kvaratskhelia from Napoli? Awesome player that gives it his all every single game. I don't think we would be able to sign him though, but what a player he is. 

4 midfielders. Ones that Potter likes. 

Just midfielders. 

I don't want a defender. I don't particularly care for any other attackers aside from Nkunku. Just midfielders. 

CM. CDM. CAM. midfielders. 

MIDFIELD. 

MIDFIELDERS. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

4 midfielders. Ones that Potter likes. 

Just midfielders. 

I don't want a defender. I don't particularly care for any other attackers aside from Nkunku. Just midfielders. 

CM. CDM. CAM. midfielders. 

MIDFIELD. 

MIDFIELDERS. 

theres always the chance we get lukaku back as well!

Minimum over the next two windows:

A creative CM, a quality DM, at least one quality CB (should have been addressed in the last window), one quality cover at RB, at least one world class goal scoring attacker (don't know where we'll get that one)