Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

53 minutes ago, Kong said:

You reply makes no sense at all but ok... you can't answer a simple question ever! u jump on ppls posts that don't agree to your way of thinking but when some 1 asks you to actually put a player forward or an idea you just completely disregard the question.

Huh?

I made a reply of LOL of a Twitter after which you unnecessarily replied me. You have been meaninglessly replying to my posts despite me ignoring most of your posts hoping you would take a hint. So please chill, get off your mighty high horse. 

Lots of posters i have had a good discussion with, we dont seem to be on the same wavelength, so let's just keep some safe distance.

19 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Huh?

I made a reply of LOL of a Twitter after which you unnecessarily replied me. You have been meaninglessly replying to my posts despite me ignoring most of your posts hoping you would take a hint. So please chill, get off your mighty high horse. 

Lots of posters i have had a good discussion with, we dont seem to be on the same wavelength, so let's just keep some safe distance.

Still avoiding the question I see. Ask you to name a striker who's obtainable that's less of a risk for 18m than auba and you just reply with this nonsense.

Just now, Kong said:

Still avoiding the question I see. Ask you to name a striker who's obtainable that's less of a risk for 18m than auba and you just reply with this nonsense.

None. And that's better than getting a has been like auba. 

Just because Barkley was available for 15m, did not make him a good buy. Just because higuain, Falcao, pato were able on a free or on a loan, did not make them a good transfer, they were a waste of time, as if auba. 

Problem is we have been through this and done this. Go back and read it. That's why i did not want to reply. I don't like conversing in circles. 

Let's just agree to disagree. 

19 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Boehly briefing again from his ass with nothing actually happening just like Fofana and De Jong.

It is a spanish source. I doubt Boehly has anything to do with it. They are rumors.... also known as "journos" taking a wild guess.

I wonder if on the ball Tuchel wants us to look like this. 

Mendy

Fofana         Silva         Koulibaly

James Kovacic Cucurella

Mount 

Gordon                            Sterling

Aubameyang

Edited by MoroccanBlue

17 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

None. And that's better than getting a has been like auba. 

Just because Barkley was available for 15m, did not make him a good buy. Just because higuain, Falcao, pato were able on a free or on a loan, did not make them a good transfer, they were a waste of time, as if auba. 

Problem is we have been through this and done this. Go back and read it. That's why i did not want to reply. I don't like conversing in circles. 

Let's just agree to disagree. 

Ok so I'll take your point you don't think auba is worth it, or you don't like him which ever it is. So if we go with that idea whats the plan? Were do we even attempt to get goals from because kai is not the answer werner was not the answer lukaku wasn't the answer, sterling is not a number 9 he's wasted there as we have seen in the previous games. 18m is alot of money for a 33 year old ill also take your point on that, but there is where I come from so you know am not against all your points. He scored 90+ goals there or there abouts for arsenal in 4 season, which you your self has said the last 1.5 seasons he was awful, which again ill take your point on but that means in 2.5 seasons he scored most of them goals. If and its a big if we can get him firing for say 2 seasons for 18m that has to be worth a shot? If we don't we are stuck with what we have now, which even you will agree is absolutely nothing.

22 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I wonder if on the ball Tuchel wants us to look like this. 

Mendy

Fofana         Silva         Koulibaly

James Kovacic Cucurella

Mount 

Gordon                            Sterling

Aubameyang

That would actually be a class if it worked out like that.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

United or City? Both will probably have their midfields set by then. United will have Casemiro and probably De Jong whilst City have just bought Phillips.

All the talk I’ve seen with Bellingham has been about Klopp desperately wanting him. And then Matt Law saying we’d be very interested.

City have a decent midfield as it stands but imo they will go all out for Bellingham KDB not getting any younger , silva I feel will leave. I can deffo see them going in hard for him. Plus Phillips is like a quarter back sits deep and fires off passes he's not your typical box to box CM where as Bellingham is one of the best box to box young talents going.

Edited by Kong

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

That would actually be a class if it worked out like that.

What about attacking like this.

Silva KK

Kante

James Gallagher Cucurella 

Mount

Gordon  aubameyang sterling

10 minutes ago, Kong said:

Ok so I'll take your point you don't think auba is worth it, or you don't like him which ever it is. So if we go with that idea whats the plan? Were do we even attempt to get goals from because kai is not the answer werner was not the answer lukaku wasn't the answer, sterling is not a number 9 he's wasted there as we have seen in the previous games. 18m is alot of money for a 33 year old ill also take your point on that, but there is where I come from so you know am not against all your points. He scored 90+ goals there or there abouts for arsenal in 4 season, which you your self has said the last 1.5 seasons he was awful, which again ill take your point on but that means in 2.5 seasons he scored most of them goals. If and its a big if we can get him firing for say 2 seasons for 18m that has to be worth a shot? If we don't we are stuck with what we have now, which even you will agree is absolutely nothing.

Mate, he scored 4 goals in his last half season which included 2 pens. And he scored 10 goals in the previous season which again included pens. 

How is that better than the production Kai will give. 

And if you want an alternative, then i have to go with broja. I think the lad deserves a fair shot and i think his production will be better in the short and the long term. Problem with auba is even if he scores 8-10 goals playing 30 games this season, there is no guarantee of even that basic number next season at 34. 

If broja gives me those numbers, i will gladly take it, specially if his overall game play improves (i feel his link up play is quite good even at this point). 

I just don't see an upside of this transfer. We might as well burn the money. 

I feel it's a double whammy. We don't just buy one average player (not indicative of his career, just what he is at this point in his career), while losing out on a potentially good youth player and his development. That's my main reason for being against this transfer. If TT wants to build a dynasty buying 33 year old stop gaps HAS to be the last ditch thing. Hell, if things did not work out with broja, we could have come back for auba in winter, it's not like auba is anyways getting a pre-season to settle down currently. But why not atleast try with what we currently have. 

12 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Mate, he scored 4 goals in his last half season which included 2 pens. And he scored 10 goals in the previous season which again included pens. 

How is that better than the production Kai will give. 

And if you want an alternative, then i have to go with broja. I think the lad deserves a fair shot and i think his production will be better in the short and the long term. Problem with auba is even if he scores 8-10 goals playing 30 games this season, there is no guarantee of even that basic number next season at 34. 

If broja gives me those numbers, i will gladly take it, specially if his overall game play improves (i feel his link up play is quite good even at this point). 

I just don't see an upside of this transfer. We might as well burn the money. 

I feel it's a double whammy. We don't just buy one average player (not indicative of his career, just what he is at this point in his career), while losing out on a potentially good youth player and his development. That's my main reason for being against this transfer. If TT wants to build a dynasty buying 33 year old stop gaps HAS to be the last ditch thing. Hell, if things did not work out with broja, we could have come back for auba in winter, it's not like auba is anyways getting a pre-season to settle down currently. But why not atleast try with what we currently have. 

While broja is a good option for the future and believe me I hope he comes good that is another case maybe for auba. Atm broja is our only number 9 at this club and he's very young, auba may have lost his legs and that yard of pace but he's still a brilliant finisher, stuff like that on the training ground has proven to be brilliant for young players and it also gives them drive. Now this doesn't have to be auba obviously any decent striker will be able to do the same, we do need an experienced number 9 in for goals and to help broja develop. Now a little example of this. I do alot of go karting and when I started I was very good (in my group of friends) we used to go casual and I stayed on the same level, we then became members and started going to members events with racers far better than us, following them on track and watching what they did improved us dramatically in a very short space of time. This is the same with anything you do in life, so my point is broja deffo 100% needs some 1 to watch and learn from, who ever that may be.

41 minutes ago, Kong said:

While broja is a good option for the future and believe me I hope he comes good that is another case maybe for auba. Atm broja is our only number 9 at this club and he's very young, auba may have lost his legs and that yard of pace but he's still a brilliant finisher, stuff like that on the training ground has proven to be brilliant for young players and it also gives them drive. Now this doesn't have to be auba obviously any decent striker will be able to do the same, we do need an experienced number 9 in for goals and to help broja develop. Now a little example of this. I do alot of go karting and when I started I was very good (in my group of friends) we used to go casual and I stayed on the same level, we then became members and started going to members events with racers far better than us, following them on track and watching what they did improved us dramatically in a very short space of time. This is the same with anything you do in life, so my point is broja deffo 100% needs some 1 to watch and learn from, who ever that may be.

Fair points.

My main argument here will be: we have far more cases of the development of the youth player being stunted rather than them succeeding. I personally feel, mount and rj after their respective loan spells were thrown into the deep end of the pool by the club and FL, and told to swim. They did. Tammy was not great, but okay. But when you look at rlc and cho, who have not got anywhere near that playtime on the pitch have had massive stunted growths. They are literally the same players as in their teens. I feel either the loans or showing absolute faith are better ways to develop players. 

Another thing is, upside. Upside of auba clicking, will be top4 at Max. We are not winning the league, let's be fair. Top4 is the ceiling for us at the moment. Meanwhile upside of broja can be very very long term and long lasting. If you get what I mean. It just seems like a panicky buy.

Let's be honest, the moment auba dons the shirt, i, you and everyone here will be shouting for him, supporting for him. At this moment, i feel, we are selling ourselves short. We are going for a quick fix who does not seem to be much of a fix. 

Same goes for Gordon. That lad looks like a good guy, who gives his all everytime he is on the pitch, but his ceiling just looks a little short. He is no where near a 60m buy but will have to bear that price tag like a cross and suffer the abuse when he has his 5 goals seasons. 

At the end of the day, we want the best for the clubs, i don't feel we are doing the best for it through the window and the resources available. This window with 250m-300m could have been used far far better than how we have. 

30 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Fair points.

My main argument here will be: we have far more cases of the development of the youth player being stunted rather than them succeeding. I personally feel, mount and rj after their respective loan spells were thrown into the deep end of the pool by the club and FL, and told to swim. They did. Tammy was not great, but okay. But when you look at rlc and cho, who have not got anywhere near that playtime on the pitch have had massive stunted growths. They are literally the same players as in their teens. I feel either the loans or showing absolute faith are better ways to develop players. 

Another thing is, upside. Upside of auba clicking, will be top4 at Max. We are not winning the league, let's be fair. Top4 is the ceiling for us at the moment. Meanwhile upside of broja can be very very long term and long lasting. If you get what I mean. It just seems like a panicky buy.

Let's be honest, the moment auba dons the shirt, i, you and everyone here will be shouting for him, supporting for him. At this moment, i feel, we are selling ourselves short. We are going for a quick fix who does not seem to be much of a fix. 

Same goes for Gordon. That lad looks like a good guy, who gives his all everytime he is on the pitch, but his ceiling just looks a little short. He is no where near a 60m buy but will have to bear that price tag like a cross and suffer the abuse when he has his 5 goals seasons. 

At the end of the day, we want the best for the clubs, i don't feel we are doing the best for it through the window and the resources available. This window with 250m-300m could have been used far far better than how we have. 

I feel like sterling and KK cucurella good buys unfortunately that's where it ends, Gordon I cannot get on board with this just because of the fee involved it's absolutely absurd, auba isn't my first choice but I do believe he will score goals or do I just hope I dunno. Fofana 80m for another kid with potential that's 140m on potential alone! I get we need youth but where is the line? If we start splashing out this sort of money on kids wtf are we going to be paying for top tier players.

Hopefully we don’t regret pissing about all week long and fall even further behind the top of the table. All 3 of the players we’re chasing would’ve been hugely helpful against Leicester on Saturday.