Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

this is fucked

every club in the world can take a run at Werner for the next 2 months n

unless we get the damn thing finished

As soon as he activates the release clause And the player signs With us, we are the sole owner of the transfer rights. No matter when the window starts. The deal must be done till June 15 tho. And don’t worry, the deal will go through. 

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

How would this affect much, as we'd be agreeing to a pre-contract?

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

We can sign him (or any player) whenever we want, the transfer window means you can now register them to play.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

As soon as he activates the release clause And the player signs With us, we are the sole owner of the transfer rights. No matter when the window starts. The deal must be done till June 15 tho. And don’t worry, the deal will go through. 

All true and maybe I'm just being paranoid here but it's so important we get him sign the contract and get this deal done ASAP because (a) we don't want any other club to hijack this with a late offer and suddenly convince him to change his mind and (b) we aren't guaranteed to qualify for the Champions League yet. If we can get him and Ziyech before we see how the fight for Top 4 turns out, then that will be great because we would have that assurance of having actually signed quality players if we don't qualify for the Champions League. Otherwise, we would need to scrap the barrels for the Bakayokos, Drinkwaters of this world and nobody wants that!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

All true and maybe I'm just being paranoid here but it's so important we get him sign the contract and get this deal done ASAP because (a) we don't want any other club to hijack this with a late offer and suddenly convince him to change his mind and (b) we aren't guaranteed to qualify for the Champions League yet. If we can get him and Ziyech before we see how the fight for Top 4 turns out, then that will be great because we would have that assurance of having actually signed quality players if we don't qualify for the Champions League. Otherwise, we would need to scrap the barrels for the Bakayokos, Drinkwaters of this world and nobody wants that!

I very much doubt that, our best windows since 2014 have been without CL (Kova, Kante, Jorgi all gave up CL football for us) and if it was a deal breaker for Werner we wouldn't have got this far in negotiations already.

Also wasn't Ziyech made official ages ago? 

The deal must be done before June 15 which is before the season restarts. It either will be done by then which IMO is 95% likely or it will collapse and Werner will move for a lot more money elsewhere or even stay both of which highly unlikely. Either way we will know very soon. 

In different news, There is chatter West ham have showed interest in Barkley which could be used for a swap deal for Rice. Not a fan of either but we could use a versatile defensive player.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The deal must be done before June 15 which is before the season restarts. It either will be done by then which IMO is 95% likely or it will collapse and Werner will move for a lot more money elsewhere or even stay both of which highly unlikely. Either way we will know very soon. 

In different news, There is chatter West ham have showed interest in Barkley which could be used for a swap deal for Rice. Not a fan of either but we could use a versatile defensive player.

We should only consider selling Barkley if/when Gallagher is ready, possibly not even then.

Football is going to have a hectic schedule for the  2/3 years with a fair chunk of players getting next to no time off, we need all the squad depth we can get, even more than the norm.

Just now, Tomo said:

I very much doubt that, our best windows since 2014 have been without CL (Kova, Kante, Jorgi all gave up CL football for us) and if it was a deal breaker for Werner we wouldn't have got this far in negotiations already.

Also wasn't Ziyech made official ages ago? 

Ziyech was already confirmed. And until Werner actually signs that contract, we can't be certain that he won't change his mind if we don't qualify for the Champions League and suddenly another Champions League club come in for him. Like I said, maybe I'm just being paranoid but yeah...

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Ziyech was already confirmed. And until Werner actually signs that contract, we can't be certain that he won't change his mind if we don't qualify for the Champions League and suddenly another Champions League club come in for him. Like I said, maybe I'm just being paranoid but yeah...

I think it will be more down to which club in that hypothetical scenario came in as opposed to whether we have CL.

If it was us vs United or even City i'd be confident we could convince him of the bigger picture, if Real or Barca come in we'd be in trouble even if we win the CL.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think it will be more down to which club in that hypothetical scenario came in as opposed to whether we have CL.

If it was us vs United or even City i'd be confident we could convince him of the bigger picture, if Real or Barca come in we'd be in trouble even if we win the CL.

I hope you're right.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

As I said. The contract will be signed before the season even restarts so us qualifying for the CL or not comes way after Werners decision. 

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We should only consider selling Barkley if/when Gallagher is ready, possibly not even then.

Football is going to have a hectic schedule for the  2/3 years with a fair chunk of players getting next to no time off, we need all the squad depth we can get, even more than the norm.

I think independent of Gallagher we are at least one player too thick in his position. Barkley is by far the most expendable player in our midfield and imo should be last in the pecking order behind Kovacic, Kante, Joeginho, RLC, Mount. Even in a 4-3-3 five senior midfielders should be enough given additional to Gallagher there are tons of Academy graduates in that position, one of which just signed a new long term deal. Unless we sell someone else, Barkley will only hold us up. The only thing he has going for him is that he is homegrown so is basically a free spot in midfield but with the direction the club is going, fulfilling the homegrown quota will not be a problem in the future. If we can trade him for another English player with the potential of Rice it should be a no brainer

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

He improved a bit, but I do not see his world class potential either.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

No one said anything about world class potential but more than Barkley that’s for sure. 
Rice is a the English Jon Obi Mikel. Composed and tackles clean as a whistle. But he is quicker and more tenacious. At 21 he already looks a mature DM. Not a worldclass one bit a very solid one. Even if he stagnates at this level Which is unlikely he will have a good Career. But more importantly we got overrun in midfield a lot in big games where we really could use a player like him especially over a dud like Barkley.

No one said anything about world class potential but more than Barkley that’s for sure. 
Rice is a the English Jon Obi Mikel. Composed and tackles clean as a whistle. But he is quicker and more tenacious. At 21 he already looks a mature DM. Not a worldclass one bit a very solid one. Even if he stagnates at this level Which is unlikely he will have a good Career. But more importantly we got overrun in midfield a lot in big games where we really could use a player like him especially over a dud like Barkley.

Ahh sorry. You said that with his potential, it would be a no brainer, so I thought you see him as a future world class player. He is a solid player for sure, but I think he will cost a lot due to the fact he is english and currently with Kante in our team, I see no room for him.

I also agree that we should let Barkley go and I think we could even 15 mio. pounds for him.

We got overrun couple of times, but one factor is that Jorgi is way too slow. I prefer having Billy over him and I wrote on a post recently why I like Billy more.
Also we lack a little bit of physicality in our midfield and in my opinion, RLC would solve that problem.

Question in the big Games is that do you want a tall and strong midfielder as a no. 6 or do you want to use a player like Jorgi/Billy that is essential for your offensive football. Both works in the end if the players around them are good enough

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Thing is we seem to be going in a different direction in that position. Lampard only tends to play Jorgi and Gilmour there which suggests like Sarri he wants a dictator as opposed to a traditional DM. Unless we plan to mould him into a CB pursuing him makes no sense.

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Thing is we seem to be going in a different direction in that position. Lampard only tends to play Jorgi and Gilmour there which suggests like Sarri he wants a dictator as opposed to a traditional DM. Unless we plan to mould him into a CB pursuing him makes no sense.

I might argue that Lampard has had to make do with what he has this season, given the transfer ban etc. Kante is our only defensive midfielder but he is not your traditional midfielder and he has been injured a lot, which forced Lampard to play with what he has remaining. It would also be criminal to not have a traditional defensive midfielder or someone who can do that job efficiently (Kante has been hit-and-miss IMO ever since we moved away from the pragmatic style) but also have good/decent passing range. A lot of the other big clubs have at least someone like that.