Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He'd be starting life on the bench at Liverpool most likely, true. But I think he'd start quite often at City as a Sané replacement.

4aad491a2c2aa95a684e93d884dff830.png

plus Werner is not a winger at heart, he is a striker who can go wide

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The medical shouldn't be an issue as flights are starting back up quickly. Chelsea could easily have someone out there even if it means a few weeks of quarantine either way.

that was my point

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know the old cliche 'just because you haven't heard of it before, it doesn't mean it did not happen' but not sure how much I believe that Man City interest because none of the reliable sources have even mentioned them before today.

As for Liverpool, again, I'm not sure how much I buy into this whole sub player or rotation player role for Werner. One of the main reasons why he decided to join us, after Liverpool pulled out, is that he's guaranteed more game time and will be an important player. If that is the case and Klopp had said he would be a sub player/rotation player at Liverpool in their conversation, why then Werner was still so intent on joining them? I mean for the longest time possible, we all know he wanted to join Liverpool but that didn't happen because they couldn't afford it and we managed to persuade him. 

On a different note, maybe I have overestimated Liverpool's financial strength. Seems like they are paying a lot to their current players and are the Premier League's biggest spenders when it comes to agents' fees!

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-liverpool-pulled-the-plug-on-54m-werner-as-chelsea/a1yjdfhc6i4e1rbor3o1xqytu

They have one of the highest wage bills......Im with my brother on this one, pools wheels will come off in less than 2 years.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

What happens when Werner gets injured?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Good fucking question, there must be a clause in there somewhere that if he gets fucked we can pull out no?

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

They have one of the highest wage bills......Im with my brother on this one, pools wheels will come off in less than 2 years.

Liverpool have been somewhat lucky with their injuries this season, especially to their attacking players.

And as Man City have shown within the last 3-4 years, the wheels are bound to come off when you play at such a high level for a long time. The same is very likely to happen with Liverpool, especially when their strength in depth is not the greatest.

Just now, Jason said:

Liverpool have been somewhat lucky with their injuries this season, especially to their attacking players.

And as Man City have shown within the last 3-4 years, the wheels are bound to come off when you play at such a high level for a long time. The same is very likely to happen with Liverpool, especially when their strength in depth is not the greatest.

For sure

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What happens when Werner gets injured?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I know where you're going with this but on the other hand, did we not sign and announce everything on Ziyech, even though the Eredivisie season was still going on earlier this year? 

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

How do you even sleep at night Jason lol.....

I try to distract myself to sleep with something else but otherwise, I'm getting nervous/anxious by the hour on this. I WANT THAT ANNOUNCEMENT GOD DAMN IT!

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I try to distract myself to sleep with something else but otherwise, I'm getting nervous/anxious by the hour on this. I WANT THAT ANNOUNCEMENT GOD DAMN IT!

I hear you brother, it will come to happen. Will take some majour ass fuckery to blow this up now. Its a wrap and done deal imo.

Chelsea 'one of eight clubs keen on Ben Chilwell'

By Darren Plant, Senior Reporter | 1m

Chelsea 'one of eight clubs keen on Chilwell'

Chelsea will reportedly face fierce competition for Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell during the next transfer window.

With Marcos Alonso or Emerson Palmieri expected to leave Stamford Bridge later in 2020, Chelsea are said to be keen on securing a big-money deal for Chilwell.

Given his progression on both the domestic and international scene, the Foxes may demand in excess of £70m for the England international.

However, according to The Mirror, as many as seven clubs are ready to rival the Blues in the race for the 23-year-old.

The report claims that four Premier League teams are among the interested parties, with the list being completed by sides from La Liga and Serie A.

Chilwell still has four years remaining on his contract at the King Power Stadium, leaving Leicester in no rush to sell arguably their most prized asset.