Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

27 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not sure why they wouldn't be allowed to use the money for transfers. That's like a business taking one of these bounce back loans and not being able to spend the money buying stock or capital equipment. Some of Spurs creditors that need paying off this summer are likely to be transfer fee instalments for previous buys.

In any event, Levy is far too cautious to go out and buy big. With the interest rate at 0.5% he's probably using the money to cover other borrowings this year that are on higher interest rates to save a couple of million. 

I did however read earlier that United would potentially be entitled to take this loan also. I wouldn't put it past them to try and use that to help fund Sancho!

now that Werner is off the table (yay!)

these are the remaining  players left  in my rated targets under 28 years of age atm 

red are positional priorities

Jadon Sancho (very doubtful)
Kai Havertz
Raphaël Varane (only way he would come is if we used Kante as bait, probably not even then, I still would take him over VVD, plus he is basically two years younger than VVD as well)   
Jan Oblak (too expensive, fuck)

Milan Skriniar  
Saúl Ñíguez (best pure CMF in the world, and can play LB)
Theo Hernández
Ben Chilwell

Ferran Torres
Nicolò Zaniolo

Sandro Tonali 
Houssem Aouar

Declan Rice (too expensive atm)   
Eduardo Camavinga   
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic   
Alessio Romagnoli (left-footed)
José Giménez    
Marquinhos 

Denis Zakaria
Florentino
Ryan Gravenberch
Jude Bellingham

Gabriel Magalhães (left-footed)
Mohammed Salisu (left-footed)
Edmond Tapsoba
Thomas Partey
David Alaba 

Federico Chiesa
Mikel Oyarzabal
Jack Grealish

Luiz Felipe
Dayot Upamecano
Martin Ödegaard
Donny van de Beek    
Rúben Neves
Corentin Tolisso
Ibrahima Konaté

André Onana    
Diego Carlos
Rúben Dias

Alex Telles
Samu Chukwueze
Merih Demiral
Boubakary Soumaré
Marash Kumbulla

Ugurcan Cakir
Predrag Rajkovic

For me semi realistic dream squad next season 

GK Arrizabalaga, Rajković, Caballero/HG 3rd choice goalkeeper 

RB: Azpilicueta, James 

CB: Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma, Tomori 

LB: Chilwell/Tagliafico, Maatsen, Azpilicueta 

CM: Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Barkley, Gilmour 

RW/LW: Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Werner, Mount 

ST: Abraham, Giroud, Werner 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Willian and Fraser for free.

good call

and

I am going to (I am sure I will get roasted for it)

I still rate these players (for now) to a point, I do not think any are pure shit (and they do have some pure shit)

IF Mou has an ounce of skill left, surely he can get good play out of them

these are all transfers in and one from their youth team

Japhet Tanganga   (I think he has decent potential, good size, very pacey for a CB) 
Tanguy Ndombélé  (we will know after next season if he is a bust or not, I must admit he has surprised me with how long he has taken to adapt to the EPL, he could end up being an even more expensive Bkakyoko)  
Giovani Lo Celso    (classy player IMHO)
Gedson Fernandes   (a lot of potential, not sure if Spuds was the right move for him)
Ryan Sessegnon   (I would stick him back at LB, but perhaps his defence is too shady there)
Steven Bergwijn    (decent winger, not WC, but is also not pure dregs)

it isn't like they have done nothing (like they did a couple years back)

if Kane really is already on the decline, then they are in deep shit

let's all hope so!!

I predict a Mourinho press conference within 1-2 months of the next season where he says "what can I do when Chelsea/City/United spend hundreds of millions and I must sign free transfers?" If they don't spend big on quality players I think it'll be yet another season where they walk on eggshells praying that neither of Kane or Son get injured. And Kane is always injured.

5 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I wonder if Alaba is an option for £40m

Far better than chilwell. Can play dm and CB in a pinch too.

Last year of contract. Who else needs a lb? Not Madrid or barca. Or Juventus.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I do not see Alaba wanting to come here, he is soon to be 28 and he has played at BM all his career. I really do not see him wanting to see the next two years (the last of his peak) in a squad that is transitioning/re-building. 

Whats with this Alaba talk? I dont see any rumours or anything that would suggest he will be sold. 

Even with Sule back, he will be starting CB for Bayern.

Also I hope we are not stupid to pay that Chilwell price. That way we would outdo all the good work getting Ziyech and Werner for great price. Tagliafico is miles better and cheaper.

That said overpriced fees paid by PL clubs sometimes do work out (Dijk, Sterling) sometimes not so much (Maguire, Stones). If Chilwell exploded it would be worth, but its just too much risk.

I think if Sancho doesn’t go to Manchester United this summer he could go somewhere like Real Madrid next summer 

I think us signing Ziyech and Werner takes us out of the race for Sancho. 

I expect us to sign a left back and maybe a smart goalkeeper signing like Rajković and that will be us done. 

I think we are waiting for the right center back to become available so I expect that to be our marquee signing next summer.

Whats with this Alaba talk? I dont see any rumours or anything that would suggest he will be sold. 
Even with Sule back, he will be starting CB for Bayern.
Also I hope we are not stupid to pay that Chilwell price. That way we would outdo all the good work getting Ziyech and Werner for great price. Tagliafico is miles better and cheaper.
That said overpriced fees paid by PL clubs sometimes do work out (Dijk, Sterling) sometimes not so much (Maguire, Stones). If Chilwell exploded it would be worth, but its just too much risk.
He was rumoured to want to leave since January

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Styl1994 said:

For me semi realistic dream squad next season 

GK Arrizabalaga, Rajković, Caballero/HG 3rd choice goalkeeper 

RB: Azpilicueta, James 

CB: Rüdiger, Christensen, Zouma, Tomori 

LB: Chilwell/Tagliafico, Maatsen, Azpilicueta 

CM: Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Barkley, Gilmour 

RW/LW: Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Werner, Mount 

ST: Abraham, Giroud, Werner 

Rajković is a good call

and at least you addressed LB (I would add in Theo Hernandez and Telles into that mix as well, and maybe even Alex Sandro in a swap for Emerson as a 3 year stop gap, although that is not my style or preference)

but you left out any upgrade at CB

Lampard REALLY wants a left footed player there, so Gabriel or Romagnoli or Mohammed Salisu (Real Valladolid) surely must be added into the conversation as well

our CB's are so poor on the ball, we really need one to lead from the left

AC has been a huge disappointment as he simply has not shown the strength needed in the EPL

he or Zouma need to be cashed in on (I do not see us doing both in one window, especially with the COVID-19 market)

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rival fans questioning whether we are in FFP regulations given we are spending money during a pandemic, conveniently forgetting we had a transfer ban and have roughly 120 million in transfer profit. :lol:

Another point of consideration during all of this is we're not as dependent as other rivals on match day revenue.

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Another point of consideration during all of this is we're not as dependent as other rivals on match day revenue.

Yeah if we had gone with the Stadium we would have a major cost in our hands right now. 

Blessing in disguise. 

The stadium is still good to have but that will need to wait a bit more. 

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rajković is a good call

and at least you addressed LB (I would add in Theo Hernandez and Telles into that mix as well, and maybe even Alex Sandro in a swap for Emerson as a 3 year stop gap, although that is not my style or preference)

but you left out any upgrade at CB

Lampard REALLY wants a left footed player there, so Gabriel or Romagnoli or Mohammed Salisu (Real Valladolid) surely must be added into the conversation as well

our CB's are so poor on the ball, we really need one to lead from the left

AC has been a huge disappointment as he simply has not shown the strength needed in the EPL

he or Zouma need to be cashed in on (I do not see us doing both in one window, especially with the COVID-19 market)

Gabriel isn't that good on the ball so whilst he may be an upgrade on what we have (I think he is probably a minor upgrade) I wouldn't say he is a massive upgrade. Salisu I do not know. Romagnoli I do agree is a very good CB but I just do not see him leaving Italy. 

I agree we seriously need a CB but the problem is who is actually achievable. For me, the only real chance we have of getting a decent one is to do some sort of swap deal with Juve but I cannot see that happening either. 

As for AC v Zouma, I would sell Zouma of the two just because I think AC has still got a bit more room to grow (but not much) and I prefer his reading of the game and passing ability. That said, we should definitely sell one if we can get another CB in.