Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

yep, almost all these reports are more than likely bullshit

Mertens and Chilwell interest is real, but zero clue if we actually get either done, especially Chilwell

I am fully prepared to not be shocked if we make no moves at all

We 100% will. 

17 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If Luka Jovic was a target, I guess he is not anymore.

Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic suffers freak foot injury while training at home

Heel fracture discovered on striker’s return to training centre

Injury adds to difficult first season in Spain for €65m signing

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/09/real-madrid-forward-luka-jovic-suffers-freak-foot-injury-while-training-at-home

The Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic has suffered a foot injury while training at home and is unlikely to be fit for the potential restart of the La Liga season in mid-June. The Spanish club have confirmed that their medical team discovered a fracture in the Serbian striker’s heel bone during routine tests carried out prior to the resumption of individual training on Monday. The as-yet unexplained injury is the latest setback for the 22-year-old, who will be out of action for up to seven weeks. Jovic joined Real from Eintracht Frankfurt last June for an initial €65m (£57.5m) but had scored just two goals all season before football was suspended across Europe in March.

Jovic was given permission by his club to return home to Serbia and self-isolate as Spain’s strict anti-coronavirus measures came into force. He was then reportedly caught breaking lockdown rules by going out in Belgrade, leading Serbia’s president, Aleksandar Vucic, to threaten him with arrest if he did so again. “I am very sorry that some people did their job unprofessionally and did not give me the correct instructions on how to behave in self-isolation,” Jovic responded in an Instagram post in March. “I apologise to everyone if I have endangered them in some way.” While Real Madrid players are set to resume individual training on Monday, a number of top-flight clubs including their title rivals Barcelona began the four-phase process on Friday. La Liga hopes to complete the current season behind closed doors this summer.

snip

Borussia Dortmund's Nnamdi Collins 'rejects Chelsea transfer'

16 year old, 1.89m CB, Germany U16 Captain (we are now up to talking about 2004-born players, so born after Roman bought the team, lolol, tempus fugit)

A shame, he might have been an absolute STEAL.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/nnamdi-collins-rejects-chelsea-transfer_398812.html

Chelsea have reportedly failed with their bid to sign Borussia Dortmund youngster Nnamdi Collins.

While Frank Lampard has made a conscious effort to promote a number of academy graduates into the first-team picture, that has not stopped the Blues from scouting the globe for other prospects.

According to Bild, the Premier League giants have recently expressed an interest in Collins, who is starring in the youth ranks at the Westfalenstadion.

However, the 16-year-old has snubbed the chance to move to Stamford Bridge, instead wishing to continue his development in Germany.

The report suggests that Dortmund have assured that teenager that he will be provided with game time in the senior team at a later date.

Chelsea had allegedly been willing to pay at least €1m (£870,000) for Collins.

snip

BVB extend Nnamdi Collins' contract until 2023

https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/BVB-extend-Nnamdi-Collins-contract-until-2023

Borussia Dortmund have retained one of Germany's top talents, U17 player Nnamdi Collins, with an eye to the future.

The 16-year-old defender has been with the Black & Yellows since 2016 and has already featured in the U17 Bundesliga this term. Collins, who could still play another season in the U17s, will play in the U19 Bundesliga from next season. Speaking about the contract extension, youth coordinator Lars Ricken said: "We're very happy that in Nnamdi, BVB have retained the services of an outstanding talent in German youth football for the long term." Sporting director Michael Zorc added: "We want to gradually ease Nnamdi towards the professional squad and give him the time to develop."

Nnamdi Collins appears enthusiastic about the prospects awaiting him in Dortmund. "I've now been playing for BVB since I was 12 and I owe the club a lot. My objective is to turn professional at BVB and to play in front of the South Stand at some point. I'm really thankful for the way that all of my previous coaches, my family and my advisors have supported me, and I'm really looking forward to the coming years at BVB."

imageNnamdi Collins rejects Chelsea move - Talent to remain at Borussia ...Manchester City have missed out on the chance to land Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Nnamdi Collins, after the 16-year-old defender extended his deal until 2023. (Club website). (Photo by Filipe Farinha/Getty Images for DFB)

Borussia Dortmund's Nnamdi Collins 'rejects Chelsea transfer'

16 year old, 1.89m CB, Germany U16 Captain (we are now up to talking about 2004-born players, so born after Roman bought the team, lolol, tempus fugit)
A shame, he might have been an absolute STEAL.
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/nnamdi-collins-rejects-chelsea-transfer_398812.html

Chelsea have reportedly failed with their bid to sign Borussia Dortmund youngster Nnamdi Collins.

While Frank Lampard has made a conscious effort to promote a number of academy graduates into the first-team picture, that has not stopped the Blues from scouting the globe for other prospects.

According to Bild, the Premier League giants have recently expressed an interest in Collins, who is starring in the youth ranks at the Westfalenstadion.

However, the 16-year-old has snubbed the chance to move to Stamford Bridge, instead wishing to continue his development in Germany.

The report suggests that Dortmund have assured that teenager that he will be provided with game time in the senior team at a later date.

Chelsea had allegedly been willing to pay at least €1m (£870,000) for Collins.

snip

BVB extend Nnamdi Collins' contract until 2023

https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/BVB-extend-Nnamdi-Collins-contract-until-2023

Borussia Dortmund have retained one of Germany's top talents, U17 player Nnamdi Collins, with an eye to the future.

The 16-year-old defender has been with the Black & Yellows since 2016 and has already featured in the U17 Bundesliga this term. Collins, who could still play another season in the U17s, will play in the U19 Bundesliga from next season. Speaking about the contract extension, youth coordinator Lars Ricken said: "We're very happy that in Nnamdi, BVB have retained the services of an outstanding talent in German youth football for the long term." Sporting director Michael Zorc added: "We want to gradually ease Nnamdi towards the professional squad and give him the time to develop."

Nnamdi Collins appears enthusiastic about the prospects awaiting him in Dortmund. "I've now been playing for BVB since I was 12 and I owe the club a lot. My objective is to turn professional at BVB and to play in front of the South Stand at some point. I'm really thankful for the way that all of my previous coaches, my family and my advisors have supported me, and I'm really looking forward to the coming years at BVB."

20200508_Collins_G_bvbnachrichtenbild_regular.jpgnnamdi-collins-1588891025-38040.jpgb25lY21zOjczOGNjNzM2LWVmMDYtNGRmYi05NmM4LWEwYzMwZmY3NzA2MTpmOTU0NTI2YS03NTFkLTRkZDMtOTMwMS0yMjEzNGM3ZDJmN2E=.jpg?crop=61:45,smart&width=800
He looked promising, I am not going to lie. Not seen this type of Defender in our Youth

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Frank started following Dries Mertens on instagram :ph34r::lol:

Yep, Mertens and Chilwell are the only two 100% certain targets we have. I trust nothing about any other players, and we may not end up getting either Dries nor Ben.

Fucking shame Boga is not left footed and is a pure LWer.

I am now 65% certain we are going to renew Willian, due to COVID-19. Hell, maybe even Pedro too, lolol. Mertens is a massive improvement over Bats (at least for a year or 2) and Chilwell if we pull him at a fair price is an upgrade at LB, for sure, and lets us finally dump Emerson, even at a semi-shit price. Anet spend on Chilwell of say £30m (50m minus 20m for Emerson) is oki business (NOT great)

We are fucking insane if we spend £60m net or even more (80m minus 20m or even less) on him.

I do hope we grab a decent backup keeper on the cheap as well.

I expect nothing more to happen, and will not be shocked if NOTHING happens even in regards to the 3 things I just listed. Mertens could tell us to piss off, Leicester could play true hardball on the sale price for Chilwell, and we might no like the prices we are quoted for a decent backup keeper.

13 hours ago, communicate said:

Not a bad signing, 4th winger plus can play cf as emergency 

It would be the other way around would it not? Striking option that can play as a winger in an emergency?

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It would be the other way around would it not? Striking option that can play as a winger in an emergency?

Not sure he can play as lone cf in pl. If he is a young player and take 1 season to adapt maybe but nope he is 33

17 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

90min.com is reporting Chilwell wants a move to London and Leicester and Chelsea are negotiating. Take it for what it is.

Telles would be better imo and cheaper.We better not spend more than 50 on him or its a robbery.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It would make more sense to get Aubameyang 

Much much more, much more lethal and fresher, PL proven.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Telles would be better imo and cheaper.We better not spend more than 50 on him or its a robbery.

Not saying that we should go sign Chilwell but he is 4 years younger than Telles. The former has more room for improvement and can still play at a high level for the next 7-8 years at least. Telles would very likely give half of that and he would be a short term signing in some ways because we would then have to go spend and potentially spend big again in 2-3 years. Lampard and the club may see Chilwell as the longer term investment here.