Todd Boehly Thread

Fabrizio Romano: "Chelsea had opening contact with Mauricio Pochettino. There's been talks to understand the project." "Nagelsmann remains the favourite. Todd Boehly was in Munich yesterday. Compensation is not going to be an issue."

Edited by milka

30 minutes ago, milka said:

Fabrizio Romano: "Chelsea had opening contact with Mauricio Pochettino. There's been talks to understand the project." "Nagelsmann remains the favourite. Todd Boehly was in Munich yesterday. Compensation is not going to be an issue."

😅 we are football's cash cow after all.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not exactly but I expected us to remain competitive in and around the top 4 as we had a competitive squad, Tuchel and what seemed like an owner willing to continue investing in good players but nobody really saw this coming in terms of how poorly the strategy and infrastructure rebuild has been.

Or are you going to tell me that there is a genuine excusable and logical explanation as to why we have gone from a near 2 year period of finishing in the top 4 and making 6 or 7 finals under Tuchel (winning 3) to sitting 11/12th 7 or 8 months later that isn’t majorly down to the ownership & decision making?

Whats changed in that time? And why has it changed? Boehly & Eghbali’s decision making has heavily influenced where we’ve ended up. Its as cut and dry as that. Yes players haven’t performed great but there is so much other shit wrong before even looking at the players. And that stems from the higher ups. I mean anybody who thought going from TT to GP was going to rescue top 4/6 needed their head checked on day 1, yet alone 4 months ago.

I mean yeah, a top top manager with a couple of key additions and clearing out this bloated squad could turn the ship slightly but personally, I feel that a lot is going to depend a lot on how much of an influence these 2 clowns upstairs decide they want to have - they just cant help themselves. They are the biggest concern for me more than anything else. This supposed collection of expert footballing people they’ve installed have got a point to prove also. Other than Badiashile and Enzo, they’ve got a poor record so far. Mudryk, Nadueke, Felix seem like they were unnecessary additions - nothing different to what we had and they’ve not made a meaningful impact. 

So basically your mad we didn't live up to what you expected after a take over, just because you was very naive doesn't mean the rest of us have to be, or have to agree with your opinions.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

10 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

So basically your mad we didn't live up to what you expected after a take over, just because you was very naive doesn't mean the rest of us have to be, or have to agree with your opinions.

So you think finishing 10th-11th was more realistic than finishing top 4 this season because we have new owners? Fucking hell heard it all now. Clueless.

And you’ve got the nerve to call me naive 🤣 pillock

Edited by OneMoSalah

43 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

So you think finishing 10th-11th was more realistic than finishing top 4 this season because we have new owners? Fucking hell heard it all now. Clueless.

Well seen as we are finishing 10-11th then it looks like it's pretty realistic to me. And I didn't expect anything this season, we have had massive change to the club, staff changes owner changes manager changes, this season was always going to be a write off.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly sacked Thomas Tuchel soon after he was told to stop going into the team's dressing room.

Boehly has been a regular in the changing rooms with the players in recent weeks, especially after poor performances.

Per talkSPORT, Boehly was told earlier this season by Tuchel that he could not be a part of that area when the manager was talking to the players.

Boehly was not said to be happy with that request, as the source states that Tuchel was sacked one game after that denial.

Source: https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/uncovered-Chelsea-owner-boehly-sacked-tuchel-after-being-denied-locker-room-entry-4454603

57 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not 10th tbh, but also not top4. I have a lot of football maniacs in my social bubble and when we did season prediction almost noone were having Chelsea in their Top4, more like P5-7.

Yes, 11th is worse than expected, but it was pretty clear from the start that we wont make Top4.

Next year I expect P4-5 tho tbh if the summer goes well (hiring a good coach and reducing the squad), no excuses anymore.

Edited by Gundalf

The fact is we were always going to be on the back foot after sanctions it brought the club almost to it's knees all because the Tories as usual were vote grabbing. Boehly has completely fucked things up he's made one bad decision after another starting with the Cucurella fiasco an average footballer going for 60 million sheets is ridiculous.

Brentford next week will be interesting it's got 0-0 written all over it two out of form teams much like the Liverpool game and Boehly will soon find out it won't be a handful of people giving him abuse in the West Stand but the whole ground me and my pals included and if people on here don't like it then tough titties you pay up to £100 to watch the shit we have been served then get away from the laptop and into the ground and witness first hand how cunting bad things are.

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly sacked Thomas Tuchel soon after he was told to stop going into the team's dressing room.

Boehly has been a regular in the changing rooms with the players in recent weeks, especially after poor performances.

Per talkSPORT, Boehly was told earlier this season by Tuchel that he could not be a part of that area when the manager was talking to the players.

Boehly was not said to be happy with that request, as the source states that Tuchel was sacked one game after that denial.

Source: https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/uncovered-Chelsea-owner-boehly-sacked-tuchel-after-being-denied-locker-room-entry-4454603

Clown Car GIFs

15 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

It wasnt speculation about his first choices. How long did we spend trying to sign de Ligt & Raphina this summer for example? Made numerous bids for de Ligt & agreed a fee for Raphina. Only for him only to want to go to Barca. Those 2, Sterling and Aubamayang were probably the only players Tuchel actually wanted properly out of what we got. Cucurella & Koulibaly definitely more club led I would say and after their past season or seasons, you can see why they could of been reasonable signings but the fees and wages were hugely inflated.

I see your back to defending the indefensible. Boehly now after months of defending Potter.  The owner is getting everything he deserves, finally, after a near year of hugely incompetent decisions which have piled up upon each other. From fans, from players (Thiago Silva) & ex players (Drogba).

We went from a team who made what 6 or 7 cup finals in 2.5 seasons to a team that looks like it could probably get relegated next season. But sure the manager and players are only to blame (not saying they cant do more, far from it but the managers & certain players are only here because of poor choices by the owners) - particularly when the owner chose a incompetent manager to replace a more than competent one and splurged on players who aren’t worth what we paid.

I mean if such an iconic ex player such as Didier is saying he doesn’t recognise the club anymore, with his status here, his comments carry weight. Just reinforces how so much of us have felt over the last 7 or 8 months.

But sure its not directly the owners fault. Yep. Sure

Drogba also in the exact same interview called the Shevchenko signing an intelligent decision. He also raved about the Lukaku signing and doubled down further even when it clearly wasn't working. Funnily enough the one aspect of the new regime I've seen him publicly endorse was arguably their worse decision (Auba).

Drogba is very heart led which is one of the reasons he became my favourite player but also the reason i didn't want him to ever be a manager and the reason i take anything he says with a pinch of salt, he does raise some good points but if he had a personal relationship with Todd or Eghbali he'd be the first rushing out to defend them.

10 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Having the owner/big boss there completely takes away the power of the manager/coach in charge. 

Undermines a lot of what is being said. I can see why Tuchel had issue with it. 

Or at least this is my view. Some may think it provides more power in his words, but to me it softens them as you're less worried about your direct boss, and more so what the big big boss is thinking. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Having the owner/big boss there completely takes away the power of the manager/coach in charge.

I agree. Especially since the "big boss" is a guy who has 0 knowledge about football and its spirit.

I understand if someone like Rui Costa, Edu, or Kahn decides to go visit the locker room once in a while, as they understand footballer's culture.

But not Boehly. I have the feeling that he is trying to win a popularity contest. Forcing too much engagement with the fans, the players, the managers.

This is not how it works in Europe. 

55 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I won't be happy until Boehly and and Clearlake sell the club and clear the fuck out of Chelsea Football Club.

And Saudis or Chinese investment firm will take over? Not optimal imho 🙄