Palmeiras 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Our line is so high because they’re playing so deep that they look dangerous every time they spring a counter. They’ve been clean through several times now.

I feel like if we don’t score first they’ll catch us on the break and win. Because they’re obviously experts at sitting deep and parking the bus. And with our total lack of scoring threat it’s hard to see us coming back.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Our line is so high because they’re playing so deep that they look dangerous every time they spring a counter. They’ve been clean through several times now.

I feel like if we don’t score first they’ll catch us on the break and win. Because they’re obviously experts at sitting deep and parking the bus. And with our total lack of scoring threat it’s hard to see us coming back.

they have a great young Portuguese manager, Abel Ferreira, who has retooled their style for this game

they are so not normally a low block side

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Nearly falling asleep watching this. Team needs a proper push because everything seems very half arsed.

our wingbacks are killing us (I say for the 1000th time) 🤬

plus Lukaku has almost zero movement, he should be eating this very meh back 4 alive, what a flop

The Brazilians are slow. They 'll never score - only something like a fluke.
Their defense is unbreakable though (especially by Lukaku's Chelsea). Do you know something from the bookies ? In all European matches the price for over 0.5 is about 2.5 or less. In Brazilian matches the lowest price for over 0.5 at half time is 3.20.
The final score will be 0-0. 

I thought somebody mentioned they were gonna attack us from the first minute?  TS6 is just standing with the ball for the entire first half never seen anything like it before.  And our hope is he turns into Fabregas at some point?

Just now, Vesper said:

plus Lukaku has almost zero movement, he should be eating this very meh back 4 alive, what a flop

Lukaku needs a super playmaker (Platini ?). With one such he will never miss a goal like Morata did.
On his own he is no good for first division football.

Just now, Vesper said:

Would be typical for a Palmeiras goal to kick us into gear. Front players and CHO have been terrible. Our set pieces have also sucked. 

They’re the sort of team you need highly aggressive, highly mobile forwards so you can shift their bus around. A team like Liverpool for example with the movement of Salah, Mané, and Jota would be ripping these apart.

But Lukaku is like a giant oak tree that’s rooted in place, CHO looks like a player who lost 3 steps since that bad injury, and Havertz struggles when he’s got 2-3 people right on top of him because the bus is parked around him.

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Right move will be Ziyech on for Lukaku but won’t ever happen. 

Exactly. It's tiresome seeing their defenders have him under lock, as he's just standing still. 

2 minutes ago, milka said:

disappointing first half

serious team like Bayer Munich  will beat them with 3 goals easily 

Palmeires do nothing and  still have more chances than us 

we are a very crippled offensive team

and btw, Bayern were crushed 4 2 today by a very meh Bochum team playing low block counters

only reason Bayern scored was individual Lewa brilliance