Ballack - Two horse race

Mirror

Liverpool and Arsenal will not win league this year, says Chelsea star Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack has written off Arsenal's title hopes - but believes Liverpool also have no chance.

The Chelsea midfielder's view on the Gunners is no surprise given they have already lost five times in the Premier League.

But Liverpool are second to leaders Chelsea only on goal difference. Ballack said: "Everyone speaks about the Big Four but I think it's still just about Chelsea and Manchester United.

"Arsenal are already behind which makes it very difficult for them. Liverpool are very good at the moment but for me they're a club for the Champions League."

I've always considered Manu more of a threat to our title ambitions this season. Arsenal are as good as dead and Liverpool have been more than lucky getting vital decisions go their way from day 1. Their luck will run out and we need to be there to take advantage of it. We had a chance last week and blew it.

You dont get many chances like that in a season when all those around you fail to get 3 points.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know that though? I think Liverpool look the real deal this season. Why? Because they've matched us point for point. It doesn't matter if they've had more luck. The fact of the matter is if you are at the top end of the table and you have things going your way, you are a good bet for the title.

How do we know that though? I think Liverpool look the real deal this season. Why? Because they've matched us point for point. It doesn't matter if they've had more luck. The fact of the matter is if you are at the top end of the table and you have things going your way, you are a good bet for the title.

Secret scouser...secret scouser....ooooo oooooo :P

They beat a Manu side ravaged by injury and beat us with a deflected goal..........Their luck will run out and when they have to call upon their back up players they'll fail to deliver.

They've had luck on their side in about 6 games so far, between sendings off for opposition while behind and nicking points in the last few minutes, dodgy penalties the heap. Things even themselves out over the season apparently. I cant wait for that to happen. :D

If our home form wasnt so suspect atm, Liverpool would be choking on our smoke W3 D3 L1 (I think thats right). Its our away form thats keeping us right up there. Once we get our home form sorted we'll leave them behind.