Brighton 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I just want accountability when it comes to him. I wouldn't be so vocal if i believed he will actually be punished with some bench time.

Judging from Tuchel's latest comments about how he doesn't want to change his system to suit Lukaku, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Judging from Tuchel's latest comments about how he doesn't want to change his system to suit Lukaku, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back on the bench.

I really hope so but as I said in response to @Superblue_1986actions speak louder and words.

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

But will it be a surprise if he starts again?

And Tuchel's comments also makes it all the more bizarre why he/the club bought Lukaku in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Jase said:

And Tuchel's comments also makes it all the more bizarre why he/the club bought Lukaku in the first place. 

Probably just like Morata/Lukaku in 2017 again., like others on here have alluded to.

Manager wants a striker. Has a first choice preference. Club draws up a list. Club doesn't manage to secure the first choice, waves the second choice in front of the manager, manager accepts the compromise.

All speculation, but that's what it feels like.

It has reached the point where I dread whoever it is that starts at left fullback. Back 3 or back 4, I’m nervous. We play a back 3 with Alonso out there and he’ll get ripped apart by pace and if we play a back 4 with Sarr there he’ll get spun around and give away a million free kicks like he has in recent games because he’s not used to it.

Much like City, Brighton are a high energy side who are excellent on the ball as we witnessed just a couple of weeks ago. I’d personally go for the same midfield pair that was actually excellent against City. Jorginho can come in later if we’re in control. We need the legs of both Kova and Kante. Havertz, Wener, and Mount front 3.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It has reached the point where I dread whoever it is that starts at left fullback. Back 3 or back 4, I’m nervous. We play a back 3 with Alonso out there and he’ll get ripped apart by pace and if we play a back 4 with Sarr there he’ll get spun around and give away a million free kicks like he has in recent games because he’s not used to it.

King Kenedy to the rescue!

4 minutes ago, Jase said:

King Kenedy to the rescue!

Jesus Christ, I forgot he’s back. It couldn’t happen, could it?

Imagine if we still had Lamptey on our books. 😔 Even with a fully fit James and Chilly he would’ve got plenty of minutes this season. Now he’ll end up at City, United, or Arse and haunt us for a decade.

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Jesus Christ, I forgot he’s back. It couldn’t happen, could it?

Imagine if we still had Lamptey on our books. 😔 Even with a fully fit James and Chilly he would’ve got plenty of minutes this season. Now he’ll end up at City, United, or Arse and haunt us for a decade.

Lamptey did not have the patience so there was not much we could do about it . 

Also he is hopelessly overrated by our fan base. Mainly bc we let him go this cheaply. he has a flashy burst of pace and looks like a little kid but that’s were the eye catching stuff ends. He has contributed 0 goals and 1 assist as a very attacking fullback. 

In short, he is a midget Adama traore. 

we have a buy back clause on Tino who is twice the player 

About Kennedy I doubt he will be in the squad already. Probably has the rest of the month to learn the system and to convince TT to warrant a place in the squad instead of being loaned out again. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

6 hours ago, Mário César said:

any important player miss out from brighton?

Dunk as mentioned by a previous poster, Duffy (two of their biggest aerial threats), Bissouma who for me is their best player and Lallana picked up an injury over the weekend and most likely out tomorrow.

This is why I love Thomas Tuchel. Even after we loose he admits mistakes and tries to make amends. Its not a seasonwe can win the league but we can still salvage trophies. Love the press he gave before city gamer and after. Hope we win vs Brighton tommorow he needs that. 

Anyone hasnt seen the presser, have a go: https://shrinke.me/pvpUFOH