Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

Jase

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We didn't beat them easily.

We aimlessly possessed the ball for 180 minutes which was heavily recycled by our attack as there is zero cohesion & understanding with them. We relied on two on goals and a set piece to beat them, whereas they looked threatening the entire 2nd leg and were fortunate enough VAR was effective on the day. 

Lukaku starts I am genuinely going to walk my dog and just have my livescorehunter app on.  

I am not sure what game you were watching, but we absolutely battered them first game and it says more that we were disappointed with the score ending 2-0, as we should have scored more and spurned many opportunities. The second leg, we were dominant first half also. Spurs only turned it on second half and that was about it.

11 hours ago, Stats said:

I am not sure what game you were watching, but we absolutely battered them first game and it says more that we were disappointed with the score ending 2-0, as we should have scored more and spurned many opportunities. The second leg, we were dominant first half also. Spurs only turned it on second half and that was about it.

Having 70% of possession and  nothing to show for it isn't what I would consider battering them. 

7 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Having 70% of possession and  nothing to show for it isn't what I would consider battering them. 

We were dominant and created chances. Ziyech created 2 big chances. One for Lukaku and his header narrowly missed the target. He set up Werner brilliantly also but he missed. It was one of our most dominant performances.

Edited by Stats

1 hour ago, milka said:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  -- Thiago SIlva --- Rudiger -- Sarr

Kovacic---Jorginho

Ziyech---Mount

Havertz----Pulisic(Werner)

I like that lineup mostly, but i think Conte has sussed that 4-2-2-2 now and we should try something different

Maybe more like a 4-3-3

Azpi---Thiago---Rüdiger--Sarr

------------Jorginho----------

------Kova---------Mount---

Puli---------Kai-------Timo

a bit Sarri style. Usually gave us control, allows us to load the midfield which conte teams usually struggle with, without exposing the flanks like we did in the 2nd half at spurs in the cup semi.

Their players looked like they didn’t even want to be on the pitch against us in either leg of the League Cup. So surely in the PL they’ll be MUCH more motivated and hungry. 

If the XI comes up and I see Lukaku, Ziyech, and CHO all starting I may not even watch. I’ll just distract myself by watching some Twitch and checking in when the game is over. Not going to subject myself to more tortuous attacking play.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Everyone is creeping up behind us..huge win if we can. But no doubt we'll have 20 shots...nothing and they score with ease

I think it's must win at this point. No idea what condition we'll be in or the league when we next play a league game.

Having obviously not seen the team we’ll go with tomorrow of course, I’m actually pretty damned confident against this current iteration of Spuds. Conte is a great manager but the key thing is their poverty midfield. That’s an area we have totally dominated them in each of the meetings this season and I don’t see any reason why that will change tomrrrow.

If Havertz starts up top I think we’ll win.

If we play anything like second leg of League Cup they’ll beat us IMO. Need to be much more sharper and aggressive this time round. Got a bit of a break with some VAR calls for the penalty claim and the goal but won’t get that every game. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

What did Havertz do to deserve being dropped for an extended period like this? Mount has been terrible for a while now and Lukaku hasn’t done much of anything either.

And then he is complaining about tiredness when he runs the Same ppl in the ground week for week with a fresh attack on the bench