Etihad Stadium
12:30 Kick Off (UK time)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's why Tuchel needs to be ruthless for the league cup final, especially if it's Liverpool.

Blaming anyone other than Tuchel today is absurd. 

Watching today's game, I some times don't understand what Tuchel is trying to do. In big games where Werner shouldn't be starting, he plays him from the start (e.g. vs Man United this season). In big

Kepa

Chris Silva Rudiger

Azpi  Kante  Jorginho  Alonso

Ziyech Havertz Pulisic

Dont like wing backs options but it is what it is.

Alonso was game winner last time there and Azpi should focus on defense. 

-------------------Kepa

--Azpi--Christensen--Rudiger---Sarr

-----------Kante----Kovacic

-------Ziyech-------Havertz

---------Werner------Lukaku

or

----------------Kepa

--Christensen--Thiago---Rudiger

--Azpi---Kante-----Jorginho----Alonso

-------Ziyech(Mount)------Werner(Havertz)

-------------------Lukaku

Christensen out with COVID now. So it’s either we continue with a back 4 that includes Sarr or we play Azpi as the 3rd CB in a back 3.

Think I’d prefer the latter as Sarr looks a bit shaky on the ball when he’s pressed. And god knows City will press the shit out of him.

With this new variant people have it and never show symptoms, especially vaccinated people. It probably just comes down to bad timing with the tests. The nice thing is so many vaxed people testing positive means the vaccine is doing its job against this. Even vaccinated you will still test positive if you come in contact, but your body just fights it off very well.

3 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Why so many players with covid ?
Are they all Jokovitch characters ?

Vaccinated or unvaccinated, you can catch covid. The former increases your chances of having no symptoms. 

I'm not expecting Tuchel to repeat what he did at the Bridge by essentially self-sabotaging. Hoping we give City a game, as they are susceptible to teams being direct. 

I think it will be a score draw which would probably be acceptable for both sides considering the situation, but it would be great to win away again.

City are great but not unbeatable, we did it times in a row and even Solskjaer managed to pull off a 100% record at The Ethiad. 

My confidence or lack off in this game will come in the line-up more than any I can remember recently. As close to the same line-up we saw in Porto as possible and I'll have genuine belief we can get something out of this. 

Tuchel himself acknowledged yesterday that he got his tactics wrong the last time we played them. We went too defensive and passive and were dominated. So I’d expect us to do what Arse did to them a couple of weeks ago and take them head on. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how well that’s going to work with the fullbacks we have. 

Think it’s wise J5 isn’t starting here. Kante + Kova will hopefully have the aggression to cause serious issues with City’s intricate passing.

Very nervous about Sarr, Azpi, and Alonso. 😬😬😬

• Jase changed the title to Man City - Chelsea