Thiago Silva

the wes

Brazil defender Thiago Silva has admitted he is set to leave Fluminense after being linked with Inter Milan and Chelsea.

The 24-year-old is out of contract at the Brazilian club from the end of next month and says he is unlikely to sign a new deal.

Inter Milan were on the verge of completing a pre-contract agreement with Silva last week until late interest from another club - believed to be Chelsea - delayed the deal.

The Brazil international, whose wife Isabele gave birth to their son Isago on Wednesday, said: 'There are some things happening.

That is true and I do not deny this to anyone. We have to be open with the fans.

'There is no point saying that I'm going to stay for next year if I am thinking of leaving.

'I say very clearly that I'm thinking of leaving. Everyone knows that.

'When I walk in the streets, the fans says: "Go with God, it makes your life. You deserve it, you are a good man". Hearing that makes me more relaxed.'

Chelsea have indicated they will not spend much money in January, making free agent Thiago Silva even more attractive.

He is widely considered the best centre back in the Brazilian league but he can also play at right back or in a holding midfield role.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thiago is a great player, according to my Brazilian friend. Very much in the Dunga mold, he normally plays as a deep-lying midfielder for his club.

Yeah, and he better stay away from us or I'd personally visit and torture him.

• 3 years later...

He looks set to be a Barcelona player, shame.

http://www.soccernews.com/barcelona-make-thiago-silva-number-one-summer-target/88271/

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/138/spain/2012/02/07/2891493/barcelona-set-sights-on-ac-milan-defender-thiago-silva

( I realise this is one hell of a bump, but I had to post it because I've always wanted him here at Chelsea :( )

Wow never saw this thread 4 years ago. His stats on Fifa are beastage btw lol. We don't need him now anyway, we have a very good English future captain and A Brazilian that's getting as hell of a lot better.

Barcelona's pursuit makes sense though. Best defender in the world at the moment but I agree with DYC. don't think he's be leaving Milan any time soon, if at all.

I didn't think so at first but I read a quotes from Pep saying that Milan gave them the green light to negotiate with Silva and his agent. (though I can't find them in any english news source)

• 4 months later...

Amazing!

Another team to battle in the CL.

Going to be great in 3 seasons time, when the likes of PSG, Malaga, and Anzhi have built awesome teams and are kicking ass to the old generations like Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You