2021/22 Expectations

Jase

How many trophies will we win in 2021/22 season?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How many trophies will we win in 2021/22 season?

• 6 😮
    • Zilch 🙁
  2. 2. Will we finish in the Top 4?

• Yes
    • No

Lets say no one comes in which actually looks kinda likely, then we will fight it out but we wont win the title, our rivals will boost up, plus the refs and injuries etc, nahh we wont win the title but we will do damage though. Really a pity if we dont bolster up.

If we are fighting for top 4 again with this squad (now more settled) then Tuchel wouldn't be any better than Lampard domestically.

The title is a different debate but unless it requires late 70's points (and even that's me being pragmatic) I just cannot forsee a top 4 scramble.

19 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Since Tuchel has been appointed, only City managed more points than us (7). 

Our attackers should do better this time around. Add the fact neither Liverpool, United, or City are adding quality at ST, our competitors are standing still. (United won’t challenge anything with Ole). 

I don't expect Kane to remain at Spurs, so he'll be joining someone.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mana said:

I expect us to finish 5th/6th this season as it stands.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

If we do that would make Tuchel worse than Lampard domestically.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

I expect us to finish 5th/6th this season as it stands.

Before every season you have doom and gloom comments. Just like every season (now 3 in a row) you start in January till the end how we wont finish top4 but we always did.

Some members on here are always looking for worst possible scenario which never happens. In general in life, it is horrible to have this kind of mindset. Always pessimistic.

Maybe not as downbeat as Mana, but I'm not overly optimistic either.

Everyone is hoping there will be improvements from our attacking crop this season., but we've just had a lot of key players participate in a major tournament, and those players are returning late for a very short pre-season.

And right before the toughest set of opening fixtures we've had in ages!

And no fucking attacker signed yet to help make things easier for the rest of the squad.

That is a recipe for disaster and could really have a negative impact on the rest of the season. 

I don't care if Haaland is mission impossible...what's our plan B? You can't tell me there aren't any other half decent alternatives out there.

This kind of shit has become a recent trend for us following a good season.

No wonder we tend to bungle up the super cup.

Edited by Blue Armour

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Before every season you have doom and gloom comments. Just like every season (now 3 in a row) you start in January till the end how we wont finish top4 but we always did.

Some members on here are always looking for worst possible scenario which never happens. In general in life, it is horrible to have this kind of mindset. Always pessimistic.

More chance of Arsenal winning the Champions League first than Mana being positive about Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Maybe not as downbeat as Mana, but I'm not overly optimistic either.

Everyone is hoping there will be improvements from our attacking crop this season., but we've just had a lot of key players participate in a major tournament, and those players are returning late for a very short pre-season.

And right before the toughest set of opening fixtures we've had in ages!

And no fucking attacker signed yet to help make things easier for the rest of the squad.

That is a recipe for disaster and could really have a negative impact on the rest of the season. 

I don't care if Haaland is mission impossible...what's our plan B? You can't tell me there aren't any other half decent alternatives out there.

This kind of shit has become a recent trend for us following a good season.

No wonder we tend to bungle up the super cup.

Yes there's probably someone out there but I think the main point is, are they anymore likely to hit the ground running than our last summer signings improving in their second season? Have any of these strikers to come in and "guarantee goals" even scored more last season than Kai/Timo the year before we got them?

Why is Havertz improving in his second season unlikely but Daka and Sancho defiently going to hit the ground running?

Since we last won the League in 2017.. we've finished 30 points behind..then 26..then 33..then 19..got closer last season lol.

I dont see us winning it..think be another City/Man U battle..possibly Liverpool if get themselves together again. Be nice to be close at least and not down and out by Christmas! 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yes there's probably someone out there but I think the main point is, are they anymore likely to hit the ground running than our last summer signings improving in their second season? Have any of these strikers to come in and "guarantee goals" even scored more last season than Kai/Timo the year before we got them?

Why is Havertz improving in his second season unlikely but Daka and Sancho defiently going to hit the ground running?

Yeah those are good questions..and you're probably right, even if the answer is frustrating. Timo's numbers before he arrived were superior to some of the other targets we've been linked with (barring Haaland).

I don't really care about the other teams apart from City/Pool, but I wish our attackers had guaranteed improvement. Maybe Broja could be a surprise package. Hopefully 

How can you compare Lampard and Tuchel domestically if we get , for instance, bad results in the first 10 games because our attacking players needed time to improve drastically and hit the ground running.

Seriously, United will be better this season compared to  the last, Sancho, Varane will improve them. Sancho maybe won't be scoring for fun, but for sure he will have somebody to assist to.

Liverpool will be better than they were previous season, everybody and his dog understand this. They were very unlucky, but just look at their last results in the League.

City is City. They certainly won't be worst.

Leicester improved their team and so did Arsenal. Everybody improved. It won't be the same league as it was the year before. 

Meanwhile Tuchel's main striker is goals disallowed champion who doesn't understand offside rule and can't hit the net to save his life,  still our most productive player (in creating goal opportunities and assisting).

Broja, our genie in the boottle scored 10 goals in poor Dutch league and missed a lot more clear chances.

Sorry, Lampard had better situation domestically.

I predict the fourth place on the very last day followed by major bottling job from Leicester and Arsenal. 

Maybe a cup or two but I'm not too confident against Villarreal.

Edited by laura90

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Get a quality CF and see how my mood would change. Until then, being positive with these current crop of players who keep firing blanks at goal is extremely difficult. It's 38 games of that.

Don't act as if this is the only time you've been negative. You have been negative on some many times in the past on so many things.

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

This is not true you don't even know me that well, but even if that IS true - I have every right to comment that we would not do well especially with what's happening in the transfer market. Last season even though we had did well in the transfer market, I never rated Lampard to take us forward with that squad. And I swear on my life, if we didn't sack Lampard we wouldn't have gotten top 4 AND lost out on the CL.

You mention you don't rate Lampard but for all his faults he achieved top four with Kepa, Zouma, Alonso/Emerson, Willian and Tammy/Giroud.

Tuchel has clear upgrades on all of them plus better versions of Kante and Mount and you think he's not even going to manage what Lampard did with his full season.

Reserving expectations until the window closes.I still believe we will have at least 2 new additions by then.

I do.expect growth from majority of our younger and/or newer players and Tuchel to use better tactics against "park the bus" teams.