The Batman (2022) - by Matt Reeves, starring Robert Pattinson

Nero

That looks like the Batman movie I've always wanted. Dark, gothic, focus on a detective story and that David Fincher vibe is amazing! 

We're getting the best Batman film since The Dark Knight, boys. Pop open the champagne.

14 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

That looks like the Batman movie I've always wanted. Dark, gothic, focus on a detective story and that David Fincher vibe is amazing! 

We're getting the best Batman film since The Dark Knight, boys. Pop open the champagne.

Catwoman!

meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

my all-time favourite 😻

and it's Zoë Kravitz for extra bonus jummi

See Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman/Selina Kyle in The Batman | POPSUGAR  EntertainmentZoë Kravitz Looks Incredible As Catwoman In New Batman Photos | SyrupAnne Hathaway's advice to Zoe Kravitz on playing Catwoman: Don't listen to  anybody - DTNext.in

51 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Nirvana - Something In The Way (Full Epic Trailer Version) 

Nirvana - Something In The Way(Full Epic Trailer Version) | The Batman Trailer  Song - YouTube

Edited by Vesper

Been waiting for this for ages, was gutted when it was pushed back cause of COVID.

I think Pattinson will probably be the guy who gives the closest performance in terms of getting close to Christian Bales as Batman and Bruce Wayne. I mean as much as I like the 2 Tim Burton movies, Keatons performance was good especially for the time and the way the movie was written / set but wasn't close to Bales. Ben Affleck didn't get close either but every movie he was in was a shit story or mediocre so hard to bridge the gap. Plus I still think that his brother probably could of been a better option to be Batman actually but he does more smaller more independent films and was probably never considered as he isn't a big name so to speak. 

The reaction videos to the fight scene in the trailer on youtube is so good. Like the bit where he snaps the bone, people went mad for. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

I think they should have waited longer before doing more Batman Movies. The Nolan trilogy was so good, the next Batman movie could only disappoint so what followed was absolute waste. So I don't mind to wait another few months for this movie here. The making is promising. I just hope they try to tell a new story and actually give it time to grow not just grab something out of thin air like in the Snyder movies.

Edited by Magic Lamps

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think they should have waited longer before doing more Batman Movies. The Nolan trilogy was so good, the next Batman movie could only disappoint so what followed was absolute waste. So I don't mind to wait another few months for this movie here. The making is promising. I just hope they try to tell a new story and actually give it time to grow not just grab something out of thin air like in the Snyder movies.

By the time The Batman releases , the last live action Batman movie will have released nearly a decade ago. How much more longer should we wait  😄

btw. TDKR was a disappointing compared to the other 2 IMO.

Edited by Patrick Bamford

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

By the time The Batman releases , the last live action Batman movie will have released nearly a decade ago. How much more longer should we wait  😄

btw. TDKR was a disappointing compared to the other 2 IMO.

if you don't count Justice leage and BMvsSM then yeah. about a decade is fine to me. You should not make Batman movies fo rthe sake of it only when you have something to tell. That's why I don't watch the umpteenth Avenger sequel and all that Marvel shit. Gets tiresome.

hace 5 minutos, Magic Lamps dijo:

if you don't count Justice leage and BMvsSM then yeah. about a decade is fine to me. You should not make Batman movies fo rthe sake of it only when you have something to tell. That's why I don't watch the umpteenth Avenger sequel and all that Marvel shit. Gets tiresome.

I think Matt Reeves said its not going to be focused around an origin story because Nolan already done that and Snyder also showed it but more based around him kind of finding his way in Gotham as Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Was mentions of The Long Halloween being used as a potential inspiration and that he is in his 2nd year as Batman.

Also talks of the Court of Owls which is a big part of the comics and was introduced in the Gotham TV series also a while back. So all in all lots of new stuff as well as Riddler and Penguin who haven’t been portrayed accurately in the movies. 

Matt Reeves got a true passion for Planet of the Apes and Batman. You see it in the two Apes movies and I'm sure we're going to get something special with this movie. 

He is talking so passionately. I could listen to him talk all day.  I feel like Matt Reeves is the first Batman director that's read other Batman comics than Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns. You can see he cleary understands the character of Batman

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Also talks of the Court of Owls which is a big part of the comics and was introduced in the Gotham TV series also a while back. So all in all lots of new stuff as well as Riddler and Penguin who haven’t been portrayed accurately in the movies. 

I mean the way Reeves describes corruption in Gotham and how deep it runs makes me think the Court of owls will either be referenced or set up as the main villains in an upcoming sequel.

hace 23 minutos, Patrick Bamford dijo:

Matt Reeves got a true passion for Planet of the Apes and Batman. You see it in the two Apes movies and I'm sure we're going to get something special with this movie. 

He is talking so passionately. I could listen to him talk all day.  I feel like Matt Reeves is the first Batman director that's read other Batman comics than Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns. You can see he cleary understands the character of Batman

I mean the way Reeves describes corruption in Gotham and how deep it runs makes me think the Court of owls will either be referenced or set up as the main villains in an upcoming sequel.

What I like as well is the casting. Its the best casting for a Batman movie for sure since Nolans trilogy. Shits all over Batman v Superman and Justice Leagues casting.

Folk like Robert Pattinson, Colin Farrell, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright, Zoe Kravitz, Andy Serkis, Peter Sarsgaard, John Turturro etc, its got a very nice balance of actors who have a lot of big acting roles in the past and then some who don’t have as many on this scale. Its a real good mixture. 

Aye would definitely agree regarding the others comics, theres so much more to the character. Dont get me wrong, its so good what Nolan did because he revamped the whole idea of Batman, gave the character an onscreen origin story, a good arc and then end albeit I think it was like a time period of 3-4 years only between as Batman excluding the time he was training etc so they missed a trick perhaps not padding it out and maybe have a fourth film I think. 

I am glad they are exploring the in between parts albeit a different iteration but its exciting. Court of Owls would be great to see eventually but I am excited for Paul Dano as the Riddler (excellent actor, go watch Prisoners, There Will Be Blood, Love & Mercy, Escape at Dannemora), looks a lot like they’ve taken the Zodiac killer as inspiration. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

So this thread inspired me and wifey to re-watch (have not seen it since it was in the theatres 13 years ago and I was 15, lol)

The Dark Knight

all I can say is

wow

what a motherfucking masterpiece

the best superhero film I have seen still to this day

the level of the acting is what sets it apart

and one of the great tragedies in entertainment history that Heath Ledger died before it was even released

😪

Heath Ledger Joker Thinking Hand Towel for Sale by DreamLab Exhibit

Edited by Vesper

hace 1 hora, Vesper dijo:

the one thing where DC blows Marvel away is the villains

way more mental AF

To be fair though other than Bane (Tom Hardy) and the Joker (Heath and Joaquin) every other iteration of DC villian movie wise have been piss poor or average though.

Not in the TV shows though, personally felt Arrow covered the likes of Malcolm Meryln, Slade Wilson, Daimen Dahrk, reinvented Ras al Ghul/League of Assassins and introduced a different version of Prometheus pretty well, although TV series you can pad characters out and bring their story on better. Liam Neeson as Ra’s al Ghul was not bad in Batman Begins but again, not the best and personally felt the Talia al Ghul portrayal was pretty meh in TDKR, also pretty predictable once you get halfway through it.

For Marvel though they have had a lot of good portrayals, especially the Winter Soldier, Thanos, Mysterio and even Zemo are all pretty good portrayals (plus the actors are all brilliant).

Still think for me, probably the best and most realistic Marvel movie is still the Winter Soldier out of all the standalone ones.

• 4 months later...