Chelsea 0-1 Leicester [FA Cup]

Jase

That half was Timo Werner’s 2021 season encapsulated in 45 minutes. Does everything right (excellent movement, dangerous runs, taking players on when he gets it) and then fluffs his lines when it matters most.

He needs to be made permanently into a 2nd striker or inside left forward next season playing off a proper #9. Then we’ll see the best of him I feel. It’ll do his confidence a world of good.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

That half was Timo Werner’s 2021 season encapsulated in 45 minutes. Does everything right (excellent movement, dangerous runs, taking players on when he gets it) and then fluffs his lines when it matters most.

He needs to be made permanently into a 2nd striker or inside left forward next season playing off a proper #9. Then we’ll see the best of him I feel. It’ll do his confidence a world of good.

spot on, great comment

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

That's my frustration!!! I like how he tries but it doesn't really work! Pass it dont try to score when we know it'll go wrong..most the time anyway 

Werner or Ziyech have to come off. I believe Werner's movement is nullified by Leicester's defenders task to drop deep. That's why we're seeing a lot of space between the midfield and defence, because Leicesters midfield and attack are actually pressing. That's why I believe Pulisic has to come on for Werner.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What should have happened was Werner just focusing on running in behind and get Mount and Ziyech to take advantage of the space in between the lines. It's bloody obvious that Leicester are scared of Werner's pace. Get Mount and Ziyech to drop a bit deeper and play narrower between the lines!

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

spot on, great comment

The fact that Tammy can’t get into the squad repeatedly never mind the XI and the fact that Giroud also can’t get a game makes i xtremely obvious that TT thinks the same.

A striker will surely be bought. We need to pray we get CL football so we can throw mega money to convince Haaland. Because there aren’t many other options out there. Lukaku isn’t leaving Inter.

First half hasn’t been great but the folk posting train wreck/disaster/whatever else need to take a day off 😂

All finals are cagey games, there havent been any clear cut chances, quite frankly I think Leicester have been worse than us going forward bar that Tielemans pass for Vardy which Reece is in a great position to cover.

Didnt expect much else really. Personally thought Leicester would be better. A goal in that first half would of been perfect for us.

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

Werner or Ziyech have to come off. I believe Werner's movement is nullified by Leicester's defenders task to drop deep. That's why we're seeing a lot of space between the midfield and defence, because Leicesters midfield and attack are actually pressing. That's why I believe Pulisic has to come on for Werner.

Keep Werner on to keep the defence deep then bring pulisic on with mount to take the spaces between the midfield.