Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Followers 1

Kepa starts!

Werner on the bench while Kante and Rudiger are completely rested, I assume.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope, it's all about the final this season. Yes missing Champions League isn't ideal but it's not the absolute catastrophe that it would be for teams like Liverpool because I think Roman will sti

I doubt United would even care to be honest (beat Liverpool). They got CL secured and they want players to be fresh for the EL final. If we had beaten Arsenal, not only West Ham are out of the ra

That was a horrid cross from CHO. Showing why he isn't playing. 

No CB on the bench. Rudi, Chris, Kante, Kova, Abraham not at all in the squad.

I expected Kepa to play back 2 back games as usual starting from Fa Cup final but now Tuchel changed... Maybe he dont want Mendy to have just one game before CL final.

Azpi must have 3 lungs

krpa always a bit of a gamble but our keeper hardly are called on anyway. 

jorginho gilmour midfield actually worked fine vs city. 

tammy is surely gone . 

Jeez. Guess TT is feeling damn confident that we can secure top 4 even without this game. Because I personally wanted to see our absolute strongest XI here.

Don't mess this up Tuchel...a win would all but guarantee us a top 4 spot...

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Jeez. Guess TT is feeling damn confident that we can secure top 4 even without this game. Because I personally wanted to see our absolute strongest XI here.

I think it's a calculated risk. If he looses The FA Cup final and CL final... his job is on the line even with top 4 secured. 

TT is wrong to see the Cup Final as more important than this game!

No way should he rest by far the better keeper in such a crucial game.

Sad for Tammy. Doesn't deserve to go out being snubbed like this. Can only think hes been sulking or something and TT not standing for it.

Anyway, just a win at any cost type of game!

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I think it's a calculated risk. If he looses The FA Cup final and CL final... his job is on the line even with top 4 secured. 

Nah, don’t think his job is on the line at all if we lost both cup finals. He’s secure no matter what. Missing out on CL football next season would be much more damaging for the club so I figured we’d go all out in these last 3 PL matches.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

No way will he be sacked if we get top four!

Very few would have expected us to be in the CL final, so getting there has been a lfantastic bonus.

Next  season he'll be judged by how close we get to winning the league.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

I disagree his job would be on the line in that scenario. I think top 4 was always the requirement put to him at the start. A trophy to add to that just sweetens the work he's done.

Just now, Pizy said:

Nah, don’t think his job is on the line at all if we lost both cup finals. He’s secure no matter what. Missing out on CL football next season would be much more damaging for the club so I figured we’d go all out in these last 3 PL matches.

We are. We are very confident, we just beat City away with Gilmour and without Chilwell, Kova, Jorginho, Silva, Mount and Havertz.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I disagree his job would be on the line in that scenario. I think top 4 was always the requirement put to him at the start. A trophy to add to that just sweetens the work he's done.

Yeah. Our financial spending is largely supported on the basis we continue to make top 4 (given the pay out of clubs that qualify for the champions league). 

That is probably Tuchel's #1 priority. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue
4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Last time Arsenal won at SB we won CL 🤗

I don't want Arsenal to do the double over us thank you...

So if Gilmour or Jorginho get injured in the match, were basically fucked.

Tuchel has done a great job restoring everybody's confidence. He continues to show trust in Kepa. I hope it works out.

• Jase changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal