Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

Jase

23 minutes ago, chippy said:

We need more than 3 points for that.

Liverpool can still end with 69 points. To be sure of top four we need 6 more points, tho 5 might be enough with our GD over Liverpool.

Liverpool have 3 easy games after Utd, so if they  beat Utd they'll have a great chance of reaching 69 points.

A draw will be a bad result tonight and put us under real pressure. 

How many times are "easy" games going to be used as a judgement in a top four race? The reason Liverpool are behind us at this point is because they have kept cocking up those type of games including the reverse fixtures of 2 of their final 3 so called easy games.

West Ham supposedly had an easy run in where they were going to sweep up and they fell at the first hurdle.

I'm not saying it won't happen, it could, but strength of fixtures in a top four race aren't anywhere near as relevant as they are in a title race.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

How many times are "easy" games going to be used as a judgement in a top four race? The reason Liverpool are behind us at this point is because they have kept cocking up those type of games including the reverse fixtures of 2 of their final 3 so called easy games.

West Ham supposedly had an easy run in where they were going to sweep up and they fell at the first hurdle.

I'm not saying it won't happen, it could, but strength of fixtures in a top four race aren't anywhere near as relevant as they are in a title race.

Agreed, only easy on paper, especially this heavily congested season.

But, Liverpool are hitting form at the right time winning 4 out of 6 and only dropping points to late goals to draw 2 games. 

Leicester win has made it signicantly more difficult for us now, and of course, Liverpool too.

Got to forget about Saturday and. select the strongest side available tonight, as no doubt Arsenal will be up for this game.

No CB on the bench. Rudi, Chris, Kante, Kova, Abraham not at all in the squad.

I expected Kepa to play back 2 back games as usual starting from Fa Cup final but now Tuchel changed... Maybe he dont want Mendy to have just one game before CL final.

Jeez. Guess TT is feeling damn confident that we can secure top 4 even without this game. Because I personally wanted to see our absolute strongest XI here.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Jeez. Guess TT is feeling damn confident that we can secure top 4 even without this game. Because I personally wanted to see our absolute strongest XI here.

I think it's a calculated risk. If he looses The FA Cup final and CL final... his job is on the line even with top 4 secured. 

TT is wrong to see the Cup Final as more important than this game!

No way should he rest by far the better keeper in such a crucial game.

Sad for Tammy. Doesn't deserve to go out being snubbed like this. Can only think hes been sulking or something and TT not standing for it.

Anyway, just a win at any cost type of game!

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I think it's a calculated risk. If he looses The FA Cup final and CL final... his job is on the line even with top 4 secured. 

Nah, don’t think his job is on the line at all if we lost both cup finals. He’s secure no matter what. Missing out on CL football next season would be much more damaging for the club so I figured we’d go all out in these last 3 PL matches.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

No way will he be sacked if we get top four!

Very few would have expected us to be in the CL final, so getting there has been a lfantastic bonus.

Next  season he'll be judged by how close we get to winning the league.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

I disagree his job would be on the line in that scenario. I think top 4 was always the requirement put to him at the start. A trophy to add to that just sweetens the work he's done.

Just now, Pizy said:

Nah, don’t think his job is on the line at all if we lost both cup finals. He’s secure no matter what. Missing out on CL football next season would be much more damaging for the club so I figured we’d go all out in these last 3 PL matches.

We are. We are very confident, we just beat City away with Gilmour and without Chilwell, Kova, Jorginho, Silva, Mount and Havertz.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I disagree his job would be on the line in that scenario. I think top 4 was always the requirement put to him at the start. A trophy to add to that just sweetens the work he's done.

Yeah. Our financial spending is largely supported on the basis we continue to make top 4 (given the pay out of clubs that qualify for the champions league). 

That is probably Tuchel's #1 priority. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue