Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Dutch analysts (Kuyt etc.) are absolutely digging into Werner, saying that he is the sole reason why the game hasn't been decided. They added by saying that with Giroud, Havertz or Ziyech the game would've been over by now.

I fully agree with them. I mean, how many times are we giving this guy a chance?

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Look at 1:45 - 

Anyone that actively watched him shouldn't be surprised. 

I know he missed some bit chances in Germany but he should be ironing that out of his game naturally as he gets older. May I remind you he is 25. Not 18. Those sort of chances don’t always come around every week in the PL or a CL semi final so he has to do better. And if not then is this really the sort of player to drive us on and improve our team? Even before people were saying his runs off the ball were digging him out as it stretched teams. His runs are infuriating 9 times out of 10, it hurts my head sometimes watching them. I would say its ok to have a bad game but after his game v West Ham, you’d think yeah surely he will be at it to a degree. But no.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Nice we have 5 subs. Probably Azpi for James due to fatigue at some point. Ziyech is must and Havertz. Because they are best in decision making in this team. We have so much space but not really smart players in the final 3rd.

Giroud MUST come on at some point

Just now, Milan said:

Ziyech plays and he has a field day, not one doubt. I would play Havertz as well with his runs and link up play. Come on boys, let's go for it!

No keep mount and pulisic running through the middle. Ziyech doesn't suit the way the match is going. Just switch havertz for werner 

Real Madrid in big games always score goals against the run of play and then seize momentum. That's their trademark.

I knew we'd concede such a goal but I was also afraid we'd lose our heads after that. We haven't so far, that's a massive positive.

As shit as Werner’s finishing and decision making have been he’s still wreaking havoc with his pace and running. Just have stick with him for a while and hope he delivers. Getting in the positions, making the darting runs. Just needs to get his confidence.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

I know he missed some bit chances in Germany but he should be ironing that out of his game naturally as he gets older. May I remind you he is 25. Not 18. Those sort of chances don’t always come around every week in the PL or a CL semi final so he has to do better. And if not then is this really the sort of player to drive us on and improve our team?

I wasn't sold on him when we signed him and still ain't. Our CF woes still need fixing.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

As shit as Werner’s finishing and decision making have been he’s still wreaking havoc with his pace and running. Just have stick with him for a while and hope he delivers. Getting in the positions, making the darting runs. Just needs to get his confidence.

That's what frustrating. Has the speed,makes the runs and then it goes so wrong! Hopefully can get a goal here.. 

Just now, Pizy said:

His runs were shit, wtf is wrong with Chelsea fans nowadays? Has the standards dropped so much? He's useless, and is literally costing us this game. Why do think Pulisic and Kante both waited a long time before passing to him? It's because they were waiting for him to make a proper run.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Are they though? I dont think his movement has done anything really. The only havoc hes wreaking is limiting our passing options in the final third as his runs are not great runs. He is going side to side more than in behind.