Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

West Ham 0-1 Chelsea

Followers 0

So glad Werner scored cause it is so frustrating to see him make these amazing runs..get in the right place and then somehow make a mess of it at the end! 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outside of finishing this was a near perfect performance for a 'big' away game.

Mount MOTM for me, was dominant, hep completely neutralise Soucek, Kante a VERY close second  

Points dropped by Liverpool...be nice not to do the same!

3 hours ago, different level said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. Me saying I have a newfound appreciation for Torres (and Morata) was more of a hyberbole to express how frustrating Werner is. Torres was really that bad. Terrible movement, constantly getting caught offside, sulking and blaming the club for his misfortunes. I remember an interview where he said at some point he even stopped caring if we win or lose. He scored a few important goals, but that hardly changes the general outlook.

However even Torres at his absolute worst was more clinical than Werner is at this point and that's an extremely miserable and depressing thing to realise. Sure he didn't get at the end of many chances but his finishing was so much better than Werner's. Looking back he had that outrageous open goal miss against Man Utd at the beginning of 2011/2012, but that (and probably a few others that I can't remember) is pretty much it. With Werner you can get a decent compilation of missed chances and he hasn't even completed a full season with the club yet.

You're right Torres was actually pretty clinical but he had to be as you've alluded too, if he was genuinely a poor finisher like Werner/Morata he would have scored about 5 for us if that.

My issue with Torres is he had not one positive attribute to fall back on, even at his worst Werner gives us pace and pressing, Morata gave us good movement, honestly what did Torres give when he was playing relitevely 'well' let alone poorly? What positive did he give us?

Edited by Tomo

West Ham United was really good. It was for us FC Chelsea London so difficult to play the 3 Attackers. Good Work from 
Christian Pulisic He Pulisic moved always 20 meters from the Goal back with the Ball and try to bring the Central Midfielders 
N´Golo Kante Jorginho in the Game. West Ham United played so good it was really difficult what i saw on www.livetv.sx
Bravo Thomas Tuchel He is an verry intelligent Manager did not chance the System but was diffficult the Premier League
is the difficultest League of the World. RESPECT TO WEST HAM UNITED HOW THEY PLAYED ALSO DEFENSIVE.
Good work FC Chelsea London.

Edited by Tomislava10Barisic

Azpi got a bit of flack from some fans during yesterdays game, yet the guys on MOTD thought he played pretty well. Funny how people can watch a match and have very different opinions on who did or did not play well.

• Like 1
  • Jas changed the title to West Ham 0-1 Chelsea