Chelsea 0-1 Porto

Followers 0

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As for the game it was the most comfortable second leg of a CL tie you could wish for. Excellent game management.

Yep, even if we don't win it puts our name firmly back on the map. On another note how much better is it having these runs knowing we have one in the bank already?

Why do so many people act like two games are the same? We won this tournament the same season McLeish and Pardew won at The Bridge ffs.

Not been the worst start but still look a bit meh. That was a big chance and Chilwell done poorly there. Personally, Jorginho has been very good and very combatant so far lots of good interceptions/tackles whilst Kante hasn’t impressed. 

Porto must feel very encouraged by the first half so far. Until the final ball, at least.

Also this sort of performance is why I felt CHO would have been better suited, offers much more with the ball and has also shown defensive awareness. I suppose we have the 2-0 advantage so we aren’t desperate to be pushing for more goals but CHO would give us so much more I think. 

The backpass from Kante to Mendy, that gave me a heart attack

• Haha 1

Look at Havertz positioning and rums. He could have been in around 20 times already. Our midfield and defenders are having a shocker. 

• Like 1

I don't like the way we play. But I like the way we have to fight.

Bring CHO on for James, he's just a pass-back merchant in this game. Offers zero going forward.

if this was against Bayern (with Lewa) or Citeh we would be down nil 4

Edited by Vesper
8 minutes ago, Azul said:

Bring CHO on for James, he's just a pass-back merchant in this game. Offers zero going forward.

He is hard to watch but I feel we need his defensive game, especially his strength against these fuckers.

Slightly better than the first leg and given the context of the tie, not too bothered about how scrappy the game has been...as long as we don't do anything stupid and get the job done. 

Also, that first half is exactly why I said what I said at the weekend - all fine and dandy to play well when the opposition play passively but it's another to play well when being pressed.

• Jas changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Porto