Crystal Palace 1-4 Chelsea

Jase

17 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Not sure why Souness keeps saying that Havertz goal was just down to bad goalkeeping, and nothing to do with his finish. Does he have an agenda?

Whats the bet he wouldnt say that if he played for pool

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

As Souness said.. all we need is one big time striker and we are going to be a real force challenging for CL and Prem. 

Haaland would take us to the top.

Yeah, for sure. A 20 goal a season striker and we're pretty much set. All we need after that would be a non-funsized CM. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Nah, we have two goals. No way is he playing CHO at RWB because if Porto get one early the nerves will kick in. James will start 100%. CHO could start against City though depending on how brave TT wants to be. 

I dont see why not though? Tuchel isn’t going to let us sit off and just settle for a 0-0 its not his nature to play for draws. 

If we play like we did today, having Callum at RWB could be more fruitful than having James in to be honest. Both good players and good options but I think Porto are going to have to come at us as they did at times in the first leg so there will be gaps and having Callum in definitely bears more of a threat than James does in an attacking sense because he can go at players. James offers more defensive security to be fair but I think at 2-0 up if we play anything like today, we will be fine.

I was concerned if it was a poor performance today going into it that we would find it more difficult as shown last week after WBA.

Either way Pulisic has to play at all costs. Another timely reminder than without the injuries he is probably still our best attacking player considerably.

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, for sure. A 20 goal a season striker and we're pretty much set. All we need after that would be a non-funsized CM. 

If we are to persist with this formation an elite CB and CM are still needed along with a ST. 

We all trusting Kepa to take over Mendy whilst he's in AFCON?

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I do. 3 games, 3 clean sheets under Tuchel. Was very good under Sarri. Only bad under Frank. 

Not only in terms of 2nd keeper, I think he can have great career. Probably somewhere else tho.

Alisson and Ederson make stupid mistakes very often.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I do. 3 games, 3 clean sheets under Tuchel. Was very good under Sarri. Only bad under Frank. 

Not only in terms of 2nd keeper, I think he can have great career. Probably somewhere else tho.

That's assuming Kepa even wants to stay as the 2nd choice. He could ask for a loan or something.

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So keeping clean sheets against two potentially relegated premier league clubs and Championship club Barnsley enough to completely disregard the fact Kepa is a horrid shot stopper and poor at commanding his box? 

1 hour ago, Azul said:

Really enjoyed the way we played this game. Refreshing to see nice football.

This!

Give my MOM to Mount.Would have been Kai, had he put away a couple more of his chances. Puli was tops too. Only slight disappointment was CHO. Did quite well but again he lacked end product.

Grim being a Palace fan putting up with this shit year after year.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

New striker? What new striker?

Great thing about Havertz is before every game I feel he can score like 2 goals easily. Dont have that feeling with other players.

It looks so natural to him. Had hettrick earlier in the season, against Everton, Leeds and today he could easily scored 2 or more goals.

Just need to be more clinical. He gives me Cristiano vibes. This is I think his future. He can be that crazy goalscorer. In Bayer he scored 20 and 18 goals last 2 season. Still just 21yo.

Finally an easy game, was long overdue. Hope the best is yet to come this season for Kai, Pulisic and Ziyech we gonna need them if we want to achieve our targets.

1 hour ago, milka said:

Mount - Havertz - Pulisic today

maxresdefault.jpg

When people speak about creativity they always mention Fabregas but Mata was unreal and even better.

According to Transfermarkt he had 58 assists in 10,104 minutes. Cesc 57 in 14,368 mins for Chelsea.

I hope Ziyech can be player for us like Mata was. POTY twice in a row before Mourinho came...

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont see why not though? Tuchel isn’t going to let us sit off and just settle for a 0-0 its not his nature to play for draws. 

If we play like we did today, having Callum at RWB could be more fruitful than having James in to be honest. Both good players and good options but I think Porto are going to have to come at us as they did at times in the first leg so there will be gaps and having Callum in definitely bears more of a threat than James does in an attacking sense because he can go at players. James offers more defensive security to be fair but I think at 2-0 up if we play anything like today, we will be fine.

I was concerned if it was a poor performance today going into it that we would find it more difficult as shown last week after WBA.

Either way Pulisic has to play at all costs. Another timely reminder than without the injuries he is probably still our best attacking player considerably.

Firstly, I completely agree on Puli. 

As for CHO v James, I just do not see it. TT is pretty pragmatic and the thing to do in the Porto game is to not let them score. Do that and you win. I can see your logic but it carries more risk, which is why I have serious doubts TT will do it. Makes more sense to start James then bring CHO on than vice versa. 

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If we are to persist with this formation an elite CB and CM are still needed along with a ST. 

Not sure about CB, for sure a LCB would be fantastic but, take away WBA, and the CB's have been great. For me, if we keep the 3421 then CB is not super important like CF. As for CM I agree, but again not as important as CF. 

As for GK2 were talking peanuts in comparison to the other areas. Areloa and Romeo would both be free and on reasonable wages. Problem however is Kepa's wages and fee. At best we get a loan were we only have to subsidise 50% of his wages so it may be we have to just grit our teeth and play, or hope that Mendy has to visit the dentist in January again.