Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Injury Update

Drogba Boost For The BluesChelsea manager Avram Grant has revealed a boost on injury front with striker Didier Drogba being as close to return as Wednesday’s Champions League game at Rosenborg.The Ivory Coast ace had missed the Blues’ 2-0 win at Derby County in the Premiership on Saturday after returning from international duty with a knee injury.On Drogba, Grant said on the club’s official website: “We are before training so I cannot tell you 100 percent, but I think he will be fit for tomorrow.”The Israeli also updated on the injury situation with regards to Petr Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Florent Malouda, Ricardo Carvalho and Michael Ballack.“We hope Petr Cech will be available at the end of the week and will see at the time. Paulo Ferreira maybe, Carvalho will take longer but quicker than we thought,” Grant said.“I think in one week Malouda will be ok, he also suffered an injury. It was not good because he was in good condition, but this is football. I am hoping I will see 85 per cent of the squad fit."On Ballack, who returned to action in reserves game on Monday night for the first time in seven months after undergoing two operations to cure an ankle problem, Grant added: “In a few weeks we will see him back, he played 45 minutes in a reserve game, he felt good, after a long time with injury. If it continues like this I think we will see him back. He's very important to our team and we are waiting for him.”