• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

We have such an overrated squad of players it's a joke. We don't have a worldclass player in our attack. Look at the top four teams like City, Liverpool, United and Leicester. They all have a serious world class players in attack, whilst we have none. 

Our board did a terrible job lately, I genuinely feel like Werner,Pulisic and Ziyech are all flops. I might be wrong and things can change in the future, however it's looking very bad right now.

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I can only agree with him, and TT looks like he is fuming, infact he did all game.

He was the one that played these guys. Playing with these kind of players in that formation will never work against teams that are better than average

31 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I have to be honest, I am not surprised Werner survived the whole game, if Tammy didnt go off injured then maybe he would of made way but I get the feeling TT didnt want to put Oli on so thats why he kept Werner on. He did play very poor though.

At the risk of sounding like I'm finding excuses for Werner (lol), think Tuchel leaving him on was partly due to tactical reasons. It prevented or made Southampton think twice of pressing higher up the field because if they do, then there's space in behind for us to exploit. Had Giroud been on, there's every chance Southampton will just push up and press higher up the field knowing he won't have the pace to run in behind. 

18 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He was the one that played these guys. Playing with these kind of players in that formation will never work against teams that are better than average

What do you expect, him flogging the same players to death in a hectic schedule.....whilst been here for weeks coming in mid season. No manager is perfect and you will see bumps here and there. Im not defending anyone but context is needed. He might fail or might be big for us, but I wont ask for his head now thats for sure, not that im saying you are Killer.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

What do you expect, him flogging the same players to death in a hectic schedule.....whilst been here for weeks coming in mid season. No manager is perfect and you will see bumps here and there. Im not defending anyone but context is needed. He might fail or might be big for us, but I wont ask for his head now thats for sure, not that im saying you are Killer.

He chose to play Kante, but he could have gone for a more offensive approach. Billy was available, but not in the squad. Ziyech could have started, but Tuchel chose not to start him.

I am not asking for his head, bro. But I am tired of coaches that make the same kind of mistakes

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He chose to play Kante, but he could have gone for a more offensive approach. Billy was available, but not in the squad. Ziyech could have started, but Tuchel chose not to start him.

I am not asking for his head, bro. But I am tired of coaches that make the same kind of mistakes

Yeah but players get tired, games coming very fast, do or die matches, you must shuffle. YEs Billy I agree, Ziyesh im worried about though. Dont even mention Puli, he is in the treatment room too often to even worry about.

Tuchel will have the same problem as Frank in that there are a simply a few players in this squad who are not good enough to consistently give sound performances. 

And also some of these players lack a proper mentality. 

20 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Billy was available, but not in the squad.

Are you talking about today? If yes, then he was in the squad.

21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Ziyech could have started, but Tuchel chose not to start him.

The problem with Ziyech is he's not giving any reason for Tuchel to start him at the moment. Yes, you can say that he needs consistent game time to get into form but we also do not have lots of "free games" to play him into form. Either he starts impacting games whenever he gets the minutes now or he sits on the bench. 

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

At the risk of sounding like I'm finding excuses for Werner (lol), think Tuchel leaving him on was partly due to tactical reasons. It prevented or made Southampton think twice of pressing higher up the field because if they do, then there's space in behind for us to exploit. Had Giroud been on, there's every chance Southampton will just push up and press higher up the field knowing he won't have the pace to run in behind. 

Think it was more just because we wouldn't of had any more CFs on as Giroud was never going to be in on this one I felt and perhaps what you have said also. 

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

Mou did the same to Matic.

I don't recall that being successful.

Err, that was different? Mourinho was already in the process of dragging everyone down that season anyway and not sure if that decision made any difference, especially when you consider Matic went to join Mourinho at Man United.

Regarding the sub with CHO today, I do think Tuchel took the risk by subbing him off but on the flip side, Tuchel has been the one that's given CHO the most opportunities. Yes, today's sub wasn't great but he can either take it on the chin and prove Tuchel wrong moving forward or this will go completely in the wrong direction (lol). While Lampard didn't always play CHO, there might be some merit to his complaints about CHO not working at hard and all, which was the point that Tuchel mentioned post-match. We can argue that there are others who were worse etc but that's a separate debate altogether.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think it was more just because we wouldn't of had any more CFs on as Giroud was never going to be in on this one I felt and perhaps what you have said also. 

If we're being honest, Giroud hasn't done much this season when he's not among the goals. Being 35 later this year, he doesn't have it anymore to be consistent week in week out and his strength(s) would also require the team to play differently to what Tuchel is trying to do. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are you talking about today? If yes, then he was in the squad.

The problem with Ziyech is he's not giving any reason for Tuchel to start him at the moment. Yes, you can say that he needs consistent game time to get into form but we also do not have lots of "free games" to play him into form. Either he starts impacting games whenever he gets the minutes now or he sits on the bench. 

Not every player is a super sub. Some players just need run of games. If he still does not deliver despite decent game time under Tuchel, I might understand it. Ziyech is one of the only players in our squad that actually can play through balls for example. We really need players than can create chances and he might be the solution, but 15 minutes game time here and there will not get him the sharpness he needs to make the right passes. Pulisic for instance is a much better super sub, but his play style is perfect for impact. 

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Not every player is a super sub. Some players just need run of games. If he still does not deliver despite decent game time under Tuchel, I might understand it. Ziyech is one of the only players in our squad that actually can play through balls for example. We really need players than can create chances and he might be the solution, but 15 minutes game time here and there will not get him the sharpness he needs to make the right passes. Pulisic for instance is a much better super sub, but his play style is perfect for impact. 

I can understand if he's not able to go full throttle as a sub but at the very least, you gotta at least show glimpses of getting into form, give Tuchel reasons to actually start him. He started against Wolves and Barnsley under Tuchel and did zilch. He has looked slow, ponderous, easily brushed off the ball etc. Right now, he'll have to rely on Tuchel's faith to actually start him.

Tuchel was yelling at CHO from the sidelines and he was not responding to his directions. If we have players that do not give it their all and brush off what the manager is telling them to do, we have bigger problems than if someone is getting their feelings hurt. Lampard would say things like some players were not showing personality on the pitch but not really direct it toward the player or players he was not happy with. I respect that Tuchel is very direct. 

20 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Tuchel was yelling at CHO from the sidelines and he was not responding to his directions. If we have players that do not give it their all and brush off what the manager is telling them to do, we have bigger problems than if someone is getting their feelings hurt. Lampard would say things like some players were not showing personality on the pitch but not really direct it toward the player or players he was not happy with. I respect that Tuchel is very direct. 

Yeah, to be fair to TT he has clearly stated why he did it and this is similar to what SFL and Sarri (although they were more indirect) have said about CHO. 

Personally, I wasn't happy with the sub at the time but if it was due to TT feeling that CHO wasn't doing as instructed or not doing what was instructed because he had an attitude for some reason then I 100% support the decision. Far too long have we had the players here rule the roost.