Cech's greatest save

BlueLion.

I know I did a topic similar to this in the past, but in order to commemorate 180 appearances, 100 clean sheets and a thousand stunning pieces of goalkeeping, what is your greatest Petr Cech save? Its one nomination per member, and we'll do a wee poll in a few day's time :D

For those of you who are struggling, here is a cracking compilation of some of his best from 06/07:

And if you still can't remember, look at this thread (from this time last year) for some ideas :)

For me...

Petr Cech versus Liverpool, UEFA Champions League Semi-final, April 2007, Stamford Bridge

Chelsea took the lead through Joe Cole in the first half, but Liverpool would surely have equalised but for an incredible save from Big Pete. Gerrard's stunning, dipping volley was destined for the net by Cech snaked out a hand and pushed it aside brilliantly. The save I refer to is at 0.54 in the above video :)

Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

damn you yougs, beat me to it, against pompey, cech was moving to his right as soon as quashie hit the shot, and then at the last moment the ball swirled to cech's left, now agreed he's a left handed keeper but it was one helluva stretch in the wrong direction at the very last millimicrosecond..

another would be against puyol's header at the bridge during the 4-2 clash in 04/05.. it was also from quite a close range, the circumstances meant a goal and we'd be out, and the ball was so low, he dived and streched to his right and stopped it just on the line..

Vs Manchester United UCL Finals....First from a tevez header and then from a Hargreaves or Carrick Strike. Game would have ended with 2-0 had he notsaved that....

Now that I have got it right, what do i get?...apart from a cookie... :whistling:

How about a nice glass of milk to wash it down :P

might not be his best but one of my favs was the one against Nigel Quashie in the 2004/05 season

:o Stunning save! The way he adjusted himself was absolutely incredible. I'm surprised no-one has gone for his save against Spurs in the 0-0 at the Bridge back in 2004, from Robbie Keane's header. And Geremi's back-header than nearly went in for an own goal at Bolton. Ahh, great memories.

I'm so sad that I can remember every one of them :P