• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • James (sub)

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

If that is true Marina fucked up big time.

Anyway, I read somewhere there was a power struggle between lampard and cech and cech wanted kepa to be given another chance. Lampard won that fight but Cech kept a grudge and did not oppose Lampard's sackign on account of that.

I do not really believe the Reina recommendation. Why would the club trust a keeper who hates Chelsea and periodically forgot about the basics of goalkeeping himself.

Because he didn't recommend him to the club, according to the report he recommended him to be his Napoli successor and Sarri then decided he wanted him here.

9 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I'm in the opposite camp. I liked Frank, I'm not keen at all on Tuchel.

I agree though - we looked awful 2nd half. 

I'm being slated because I supported Frank and don't support Tuchel - it has nothing to do with that. Even Stevie Wonder can see we are hopeless in a press situation. 

We need players finding space much more intelligently and/or to put diagonals or balls over the top. I didn't see any of this against Newcastle. In fact where I witnessed the possibility to do so, we always chose the wrong option.

Have we just got a bunch of thick players?

You must have been worried about how we were playing under Frank though no??? It was hurrendous mate. If you can't see the instant improvement since Tuchel has arrived then, please do let me know where I can get that fine Super Skunk you must be smoking. 😏

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

You must have been worried about how we were playing under Frank though no??? It was hurrendous mate. If you can't see the instant improvement since Tuchel has arrived then, please do let me know where I can get that fine Super Skunk you must be smoking. 😏

Its was horrific mate, relegation teams covered the basics much more

6 hours ago, Azul said:

The Athletic which is one of the most reliable, if not the most reliable Chelsea source, stated that Marina clashed with Lampard over Kepa's situation at Chelsea. She wanted him to be given a chance by Lampard, and why do you think she wants that? That's because she was one of the drivers for the Kepa deal, and doesn't want to accept that she failed by signing him.

Thank goodness we have Cech as our director which means she's involved less nowadays.

If you don't trust reliable Chelsea sources, then we can't have a normal discussion.

Mate. Shes a businesswomen. At top level football clubs and even in businesses these things happen from time to time. They are called disagreements. Same with Frank and the board clashing over no signings last January and wanting to pursue Declan Rice. 

Thats by no means her laying down the law saying Lampard has to play Kepa or even have him on the bench. She doesn’t pick those things. Which is heavily what you implied by saying when shes involved in footballing decisions. Shes involved in business decisions, the clubs operations, the financial side of things (which player recruitment and sales come into but not to the extent where shes hand picking signings or making ultimatums about giving people a chance) etc. You’ve misconstrued that whole situation I think. Do you think she went to Lampard’s office and said you have got to give this guy a chance because if not we will look very stupid having spent 71m on him to be sitting on the bench? No. Do you think she went and said your not getting the funds to sign a new keeper you have a 71m one on the bench? Also no because they sanctioned a deal to bring in Mendy, who was signed on Cech’s recommendation. Do you think she went to Lmpards office last season when he was playing Caballero ahead of Kepa in certain games? Again, no.

And even then if so, if you disagree with that, lets look at this from a business point of view. You have a race horse, it hasn’t raced well in a while but you try to sell it. Thing is the price you want for it is too unrealistic because it hasn’t raced in a while and in terms of what it would cost to maintain the horse, it is also a large amount of money. So how do you drum up interest in it? Also in a global pandemic, where expensive race horses with high maintenance costs are not what most people want to buy. Some people may want to loan it but aren’t in a financial position to do so due to the price and other costs. It was never going to be easy with the whole Kepa situation global pandemic or not but ultimately, I think if it came to it and we got an acceptable offer in the summer in the eyes of the club, Marina would of sanctioned it also if it suited all parties. But we didnt. So Kepa stayed and ultimately again, unlike Drinkwater, Moses, Alonso for a while and whoever else, if Frank didn’t actually fancy him he would of probably done something similar, left him out or tried to isolate him from the group but he didnt.

Maybe in the financial side, Marina would be more inclined to see a return on the investment the club made considering it was a hefty one and she is a leading business women. I mean if there was any rumblings about Marina blocking any moves for Kepa because of that, then aye your point would make sense sort of, but there weren’t. So I really dont get it. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Yes of course I was. But we will never know what was happening behind the scenes.

The players stopped playing for him. As simple as that and are not good enough.

We will be fine unless we meet any team from the top7 then it's a lottery. 

As for my skunk- a good toker can never reveal his sources 🤣 although more into edibles now 👍 pure liquid shatter.

Edited by Muzchap

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Mate. Shes a businesswomen. At top level football clubs and even in businesses these things happen from time to time. They are called disagreements. Same with Frank and the board clashing over no signings last January and wanting to pursue Declan Rice. 

Thats by no means her laying down the law saying Lampard has to play Kepa or even have him on the bench. She doesn’t pick those things. Which is heavily what you implied by saying when shes involved in footballing decisions. Shes involved in business decisions, the clubs operations, the financial side of things (which player recruitment and sales come into but not to the extent where shes hand picking signings or making ultimatums about giving people a chance) etc. You’ve misconstrued that whole situation I think. Do you think she went to Lampard’s office and said you have got to give this guy a chance because if not we will look very stupid having spent 71m on him to be sitting on the bench? No. Do you think she went and said your not getting the funds to sign a new keeper you have a 71m one on the bench? Also no because they sanctioned a deal to bring in Mendy, who was signed on Cech’s recommendation. Do you think she went to Lmpards office last season when he was playing Caballero ahead of Kepa in certain games? Again, no.

And even then if so, if you disagree with that, lets look at this from a business point of view. You have a race horse, it hasn’t raced well in a while but you try to sell it. Thing is the price you want for it is too unrealistic because it hasn’t raced in a while and in terms of what it would cost to maintain the horse, it is also a large amount of money. So how do you drum up interest in it? Also in a global pandemic, where expensive race horses with high maintenance costs are not what most people want to buy. Some people may want to loan it but aren’t in a financial position to do so due to the price and other costs. It was never going to be easy with the whole Kepa situation global pandemic or not but ultimately, I think if it came to it and we got an acceptable offer in the summer in the eyes of the club, Marina would of sanctioned it also if it suited all parties. But we didnt. So Kepa stayed and ultimately again, unlike Drinkwater, Moses, Alonso for a while and whoever else, if Frank didn’t actually fancy him he would of probably done something similar, left him out or tried to isolate him from the group but he didnt.

Maybe in the financial side, Marina would be more inclined to see a return on the investment the club made considering it was a hefty one and she is a leading business women. I mean if there was any rumblings about Marina blocking any moves for Kepa because of that, then aye your point would make sense sort of, but there weren’t. So I really dont get it. 

That first paragraph was such a headache, jheeez calm down bud. All I read was an assumption after another assumption. All I said was that she get's involved too much on the football side of things. She's not forcing managers to start Kepa, however she does advise them and that is a fact. Look at the Athletic article, and everything is clear.

I had no problem with Kepa starting against Barnsley, however starting him against Newcastle in a game where almost every club dropped points was very very dangerous. If Marina advised Tuchel to do that then I believe she is getting involved too much to be honest.

35 minutes ago, Azul said:

That first paragraph was such a headache, jheeez calm down bud. All I read was an assumption after another assumption. All I said was that she get's involved too much on the football side of things. She's not forcing managers to start Kepa, however she does advise them and that is a fact. Look at the Athletic article, and everything is clear.

I had no problem with Kepa starting against Barnsley, however starting him against Newcastle in a game where almost every club dropped points was very very dangerous. If Marina advised Tuchel to do that then I believe she is getting involved too much to be honest.

If you can post the article which says she has advised Tuchel to start him this would save a lot of time? If it even exists with those exact words... which I doubt it does. 

56 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If you can post the article which says she has advised Tuchel to start him this would save a lot of time? If it even exists with those exact words... which I doubt it does. 

I would say zero chance Marina told Tuchel to play Kepa

Roman would lose his shit unless HE actually told her to tell him to do it

which I SO doubt

Tuchel explained why he did anyway

52 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The Athletic said that Marina and Lampard clashed over the treatment of Kepa and that she advised him to build his confidence by starting him, I never said that the Athletic said that she advised Tuchel. Don't know why you're trying to twist my words. I'm using my logic by saying that she'd probably do the same to Tuchel. 

Read better, there's no point in me repeating myself just like in the Timo Werner thread. 

Anyways here's the source: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.co.uk/2298337/2021/01/25/lampards-Chelsea-sacking-tension-with-marina-unhappy-players-and-secret-job-offers/%3famp