• Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • James (sub)

I'm a huge Tuchel fan and was one of the biggest Lampard-out members on this forum, but I'm just not trusting the players to beat solid teams that can actually press properly. We looked bad when the likes of Barnsley, Sheffield and Newcastle have pressed us. Imagine what Southampton, Atletico and United will do when our only way to beat the press is to clear the ball? This is clearly not a manager issue but a personnel issue, hence why we're looking to get a lot of new players in the summer.

I hope Thiago Silva returns as soon as possible, because we desperately need a ball playing defender to bring the ball to the midfielders or attackers. Without him we look toothless in possession when we're being pressed.

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looking forward to the inevitable Tuchel v Marina fight! 🤣

I like Marina as a businesswoman and a closer of deals. However it really annoys me when she wants to get involved in the football side of things, when she doesn't have as much knowledge as the manager or technical director.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start another league game, with Mendy probably starting again in the Champions league against Athletico.

It's 2021...how are people still spelling Atletico wrong!? 

8 hours ago, Azul said:

I'm a huge Tuchel fan and was one of the biggest Lampard-out members on this forum, but I'm just not trusting the players to beat solid teams that can actually press properly. We looked bad when the likes of Barnsley, Sheffield and Newcastle have pressed us. Imagine what Southampton, Atletico and United will do when our only way to beat the press is to clear the ball? This is clearly not a manager issue but a personnel issue, hence why we're looking to get a lot of new players in the summer.

I hope Thiago Silva returns as soon as possible, because we desperately need a ball playing defender to bring the ball to the midfielders or attackers. Without him we look toothless in possession when we're being pressed.

I'm in the opposite camp. I liked Frank, I'm not keen at all on Tuchel.

I agree though - we looked awful 2nd half. 

I'm being slated because I supported Frank and don't support Tuchel - it has nothing to do with that. Even Stevie Wonder can see we are hopeless in a press situation. 

We need players finding space much more intelligently and/or to put diagonals or balls over the top. I didn't see any of this against Newcastle. In fact where I witnessed the possibility to do so, we always chose the wrong option.

Have we just got a bunch of thick players?

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

I'm in the opposite camp. I liked Frank, I'm not keen at all on Tuchel.

I agree though - we looked awful 2nd half. 

I'm being slated because I supported Frank and don't support Tuchel - it has nothing to do with that. Even Stevie Wonder can see we are hopeless in a press situation. 

We need players finding space much more intelligently and/or to put diagonals or balls over the top. I didn't see any of this against Newcastle. In fact where I witnessed the possibility to do so, we always chose the wrong option.

Have we just got a bunch of thick players?

When we had Frank we had a bad manager and some awful players at the same time. Tuchel's tactics is carrying us at the moment, hence why we are getting these results. I look at some of the fringe players and I literally can't wait until we sell them in the summer. 

I am positive that Tuchel can do great things with proper additions in the summer.

Edited by Azul

9 hours ago, Azul said:

I like Marina as a businesswoman and a closer of deals. However it really annoys me when she wants to get involved in the football side of things, when she doesn't have as much knowledge as the manager or technical director.

When has she ever been involved in the actual football side of things? This is absolute nonsense if I am honest. She doesnt pick the team or pick the transfer targets or pick who marks who at set plays etc contrary to belief 🤣 Emenalo was also accused of the same.

Edited by OneMoSalah

30 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

When has she ever been involved in the actual football side of things? This is absolute nonsense if I am honest. She doesnt pick the team or pick the transfer targets or pick who marks who at set plays etc contrary to belief 🤣 Emenalo was also accused of the same.

The Athletic which is one of the most reliable, if not the most reliable Chelsea source, stated that Marina clashed with Lampard over Kepa's situation at Chelsea. She wanted him to be given a chance by Lampard, and why do you think she wants that? That's because she was one of the drivers for the Kepa deal, and doesn't want to accept that she failed by signing him.

Thank goodness we have Cech as our director which means she's involved less nowadays.

If you don't trust reliable Chelsea sources, then we can't have a normal discussion.

Edited by Azul

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

If you don't trust reliable Chelsea sources, then we can't have a normal discussion.

Matt Law is most reliable Chelsea source and it was proven that what he said about Rudiger was not true. 

1 hour ago, Azul said:

The Athletic which is one of the most reliable, if not the most reliable Chelsea source, stated that Marina clashed with Lampard over Kepa's situation at Chelsea. She wanted him to be given a chance by Lampard, and why do you think she wants that? That's because she was one of the drivers for the Kepa deal, and doesn't want to accept that she failed by signing him.

Thank goodness we have Cech as our director which means she's involved less nowadays.

Weren't all the sources back at the time that Sarri wanted Kepa largely down to Pepe Reina's recommendation?

Marina (wrongly in my opinion) is looking at it from the business perspective of we will struggle to get any serious money for him and have him on a contract for another four years. If it was all about saving face Bakayoko would have got some form of second chance aswell.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Marina (wrongly in my opinion) is looking at it from the business perspective of we will struggle to get any serious money for him and have him on a contract for another four years. If it was all about saving face Bakayoko would have got some form of second chance aswell.

As you alluded to there, the difference between Kepa and Bakayoko is that Bakayoko wasn't bought for 70 million, didn't get a 7-year contract and isn't the most expensive player in his position.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Matt Law is most reliable Chelsea source and it was proven that what he said about Rudiger was not true. 

I'm not talking about Matt Law am I? He was also wrong about Lampard supposedly staying, just before he got sacked. So your comparison doesn't make sense. Up to now, the Athletic are the most reliable, and that is facts.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Weren't all the sources back at the time that Sarri wanted Kepa largely down to Pepe Reina's recommendation?

She is looking at it from a business perspective, however when business clashes with what happens on the pitch it can get ugly. I don't want the board to make decisions on what should happen on the pitch. Imagine if we lost today and that halted us from making top four, isn't that much worse for business?

17 hours ago, LAChelsea said:

Pulisic sitting such a shame.  feel this is not going to end well as the U.S. is going to need him for World Cup and he and Teuschel just aren't "friends" nor compatible.  i believe he really helps Chelsea and wearing the 10 and not being in the lineup nor the squad is just really disturbing (he's better than Jorginho and Kovacic for crying out loud).  friend of mine who knows Teuchel said he "prefers" to give the German players time though Havertz also not in squad.  just something to think about moving forward what do you all think?  

I understand your frustration with Pulisic as he is a very good player. He’s not competing with Kovacic and Jorginho for a starting spot though. Unfortunately injuries have been the main culprit for Pulisic this season. I don’t think Tuchel has anything against Pulisic he just needs time to get back to the form he was in last season. Look at Kante for example. Great midfielder but has not been the same player the last 2 seasons. On current form Kante does not deserve to start. 

3 hours ago, Azul said:

If that is true Marina fucked up big time.

Anyway, I read somewhere there was a power struggle between lampard and cech and cech wanted kepa to be given another chance. Lampard won that fight but Cech kept a grudge and did not oppose Lampard's sackign on account of that.

I do not really believe the Reina recommendation. Why would the club trust a keeper who hates Chelsea and periodically forgot about the basics of goalkeeping himself.

Edited by Magic Lamps