The Tuchel Thread

Jase

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not if this DoF and Potter are part of the club's long term vision. 

Hmm wasn't this about Tuchel not getting the results? Now we have many folks saying we will get a coach to build?

Don't we have an all star team? If we do, then there is no need to build. We need a tactical expert and motivator to get results. If we don't, which I'm pretty sure of, this is going to be a long term deal and good results won't come right away.

I'm with @Henrique -- it's just a billionaire showing off.

20 minutes ago, Kong said:

Under perform in any job and this is the reality.

Not entirely true is it? the threshold at Chelsea seems to be unique amongst the big clubs in the PL.

Liverpool understood Klopp when he lost VVD for a season and ended up chasing nothing.

Reckon what happen at Chelsea was far worse than that considering it *also* included losing a key player.

Edited by robsblubot

I like ruthlessness

glad to see it carry over

we clearing were headed down the wrong path

there is no way we should have been so shit on offence with the players we have, and then with Rudiger out and KK looking shaky AF, plus the horrid MF mess that should have been addressed last summer, (TCHOU!, ffs, insanity that we could have had him for £13 to 18 million LESS than we paid for CuCu) let alone this summer (unless Zakaria returns to Mönchengladbach form)

my only regret is that Roman was not as ruthless with Marina and the shit scouting crew

oh, and the King Carlo sacking, but  that is even longer in the past than the De Bruyne with no buyback sale

3 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Well, let's be aware, that historically, since +\- Vialli, so modern football of sorts, our managers win rate was 55%, give or take 5%, with TT having one of the highest ratios. We can't sack a manager and replace half of the squad every time we start loosing, for god's sake. 

Especially when it's burdened with same problem as players - no clearly better replacement available, more of same stuff, but different and more expensive. 

Chelsea absolutely can do that, when they stop believing in a manager. When the players also stop believing and the play is only going downhill for a long time now, they absolutely should.

Btw he isn't really near the top % wise. Not near the bottom either though. But I feel like many were well happy with Avram Grant and Sarri not keeping their job. Both with higher win rates. Even Mourinho the second time around, is only 1% off Tuchels win percentage. The first time he was here, he was well well above obviously. 

On top of not being impressive on the field, he is also a figure that always ends up fighting with the board/management. 

Edited by calculatingInfinity

2 hours ago, DDA said:

If Potter does come in... I think bringing Trossard with him in either Jan or next Summer could be a really good move. He offers more than Mount. 

Leandro Trossard is a left winger (Sterling, and the perhaps gone Pulisic) who turns 29yo next fall

Mount is shit at winger, he only plays well when he is a MFer, and not in a double pivot, where he is shit too

Potter needs to unfuck him amd quick, he has been shambolic this season

42 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Not entirely true is it? the threshold at Chelsea seems to be unique amongst the big clubs in the PL.

Liverpool understood Klopp when he lost VVD for a season and ended up chasing nothing.

Reckon what happen at Chelsea was far worse than that considering it *also* included losing a key player.

It's also to do with the dressing room, like if the majority of players are still listening and accepting the manager's message and applying the game plan he has trained them for during the week...then I guess Tuchel would still be the manager of the club. 

I don't think the Liverpool players gave up on Klopp even when VVD went down with that nasty injury as they have other players who would run through walls for Klopp (Henderson and a few others) and support his message. 

With Rudiger gone, who is left to back up Tuchel's message?   It's basically Thiago Silva and no one else.....and then you have the whole attack complaining about a lack of freedom.  Werner at times last season looked frustrated and upset when left out, Pulisic was in and out, same for Ziyech and let's not even start on the headache that was Lukaku. 

I have to say I am surprised from the credit this forum gives TT.

Chelsea had stopped playing football somewhere in November. Yes he did manage to get some results but it's been painful to watch.

When you add the fact that we won two games this season, both by the scruff of our neck, and his habit of playing players out of position? I am glad to see him leaving.

Yes. I would prefer to have a proper DOF to make this the decision and to appoint a successor but that's a different issue.

2 hours ago, Kong said:

My only small very small problem with potter is, I can imagine him ringing up transfer targets and introducing him self and the player on the line replies "who?"

They will know Chelsea are calling.

Fans are divided on this, okay, but if reports that they planned TT gone for a while, then it's a 100% dick move on players; They waited for a window to close to not let anyone in favour of Tuchel out and lured incoming players with vision of playing under the manager that is gone the next day?

Some of our starlets are surely happy, but this kind of shithousery may not go down too well with the ones who notice broader context and only make the tensions worse after all. 

I'm becoming super suspicious of this ownership and not buying a single word of the "new long-time vision" bs. 

Edited by Vegetable

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Fans are divided on this, okay, but if reports that they planned TT gone for a while, then it's a 100% dick move on players; They waited for a window to close to not let anyone in favour of Tuchel out and lured incoming players with vision of playing under the manager that is gone the next day?

Some of our starlets are surely happy, but this kind of shithousery may not go down too well with the ones who notice broader context and only make the tensions worse after all. 

I'm becoming super suspicious of this ownership and not buying a single word of the "new long-time vision" bs. 

And our purchases don't reflect that either.

Would be amazing if Potter already has ideas about 2-3 things he can instantly install in the two training sessions he’ll have before Fulham that will give us a bounce. Something he does with his Brighton team that he has spotted our lads don’t do.

Another thing that makes this sacking so risky is that it has happened literally right as the fixture list starts getting super congested. So a new manager starts on the back foot with very limited time on the training pitch.

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

The ownership/team are stuck with players that Tuchel seemingly chose, so it didn't exactly do them favours either. 

With regards to the last bit, how many youngsters did we sign during the window? 

That in itself should tell you that Boehly has the long game in mind rather than just wanting instant success.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

The thing is: do you believe the club is in good position to make this kind of decision right now? All the football structure was gone, and the new owner appointed himself as DoF. LOL

It seems he also loves the spotlight, and is posing for pictures with his new players...he is basically acting like a billionaire with his new toy. 

If thats not a huge red flag, I dont know what It is.

We get it you want the Glazers like ownership.

Give Boehly a chance, give him the opportunity to run the club like he envisioned when he bought the club. Tuchel was never going to be the long term manager here, not only is he not good enough but more importantly he was not chosen by the new ownership. 

What did you guys expect? Tuchel was always going to end up just like every manager Roman hired. He did his job, thank you for the CL.