Edouard Mendy

Jase

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And not forgetting the free kick, no top hand, higher hand attacking the ball but his lower left.

He's not very good, he's just slightly better than the other Spanish shit house before him.

that pass out turnover was madness

gave it right to them!

if he was not aircraft carrier-sized they would have scored the 4th

Did I miss something? Lol

Xhaka and Saka scored world class goals nad around 86% of penaldos go in anyway.
He made a mistake when he passed it to Laca, but at least he saved it. Also made other saves.

Typical TC overreaction.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Xhaka and Saka scored world class goals nad around 86% of penaldos go in anyway.
He made a mistake when he passed it to Laca, but at least he saved it. Also made other saves.

Typical TC overreaction.

not at all, it is cumulative

I have said nothing until now

he has many holes in his game

Regardless of the form of the team in front of him.

He has been poor this month. Not a fan of his performances for penalties either.

I don't think GK is a big problem area for now, but moving forward, would it make sense to invest in a proven GK?

I think Mendy is good, but not sure of his ceiling.

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Regardless of the form of the team in front of him.

He has been poor this month. Not a fan of his performances for penalties either.

I don't think GK is a big problem area for now, but moving forward, would it make sense to invest in a proven GK?

I think Mendy is good, but not sure of his ceiling.

he really needs to tighten up quick

pens are apparently ever going to be good for him

On 26/12/2020 at 8:42 PM, killer1257 said:

I've said this before but it's not the fact the penalties are going in but it's the way he's being easily duped. Look at the penalties he's faced for us and how he's been easily sat down while the taker rolled (or in Kane's case smashed) it the other side, it happens every single time. He also let in 22 out of 23 before coming to us so it's clearly a huge issue.

I don't actually think he's been as bad as made out this month but I literally have no hope of him saving a penalty.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I've said this before but it's not the fact the penalties are going in but it's the way he's being easily duped. Look at the penalties he's faced for us and how he's been easily sat down while the taker rolled (or in Kane's case smashed) it the other side, it happens every single time. He also let in 22 out of 23 before coming to us so it's clearly a huge issue.

I don't actually think he's been as bad as made out this month but I literally have no hope of him saving a penalty.

On the other hand we should be glad that he is a good shot stopper. Without his saves we would likely have 6-8 points less. He gets the basics right, which is all we asked for when we signed him. His sweeping isn´t good either, but I can accept that considering Mendy is pretty decent in almost every goalkeeper attribute.

We should be used to concede penalty goals anyway. In the last twenty years we never had any good penalty stopper as our first goalkeeper. 

A lot of shit for Christensen for the goal which I do think is warranted as he should have gotten up for but does nobody think Mendy could have done a lot better for El Ghazi’s goal? Through his legs? Surely? I know El Ghazi is hardly that far out and he’s hardly got a lot of power on it either so I would of thought the GK would of done better? No?

He can't do anything at that range, especially considering the fact that he is tall. Small keepers like Kepa, Oblak or ter stegen maybe could close their legs a little bit faster because they are smaller, but big keepers have no chance at this range. I would say that also Oblak does not save that goal. But I remember here there was a time that snake got slaughtered every week, even though he was a world class GK. He also conceded goals that went through his legs, but can't do better because he is just taller. Wider GK stance and depending what type of fall he wants to do to save goals, it couls take very long. Kepa for instance saved a penalty from Hinteregger because he could close his smaller legs pretty fast (small compared to snake or Mendy).

That goal saves no keeper. Too close. AC was missing

Not the long term solution but good enough to get us top 4. This was known as the start; he will be second GK or leave starting next season. 

Horrible ball control skills after saves with massive rebounds.  Poor, unorthodox technique as well.