Kai Havertz

Blues11

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bayern don't ever splash mega money, do they? Are they really prepared to spend £70-100m? 

Unlikely during a pandemic and when they are also buying Sané, i'd say. 

18 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Unlikely during a pandemic and when they are also buying Sané, i'd say. 

This. Bayern will only buy 2 players This summer one of which is Sane. I doubt hey are willing to splash all out on Havertz but they are trying their utmost to make him run down his contract. They are planning to sign him in 2021 so this is the year he is up for grabs if he decides to move now at all. I think he himself would prefer Real but if we hey can not buy him this year he is pretty much nailed on for Bayern.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

we are just going to have to disagree

there are only a handful of players under 28yo who I would grab instantly if money was no object

The 15 top remotely available under 28yos

pulling out the impossible Mbappe and then Varane (age) and we already have (99%) Werner

Havertz is 4th

after Sancho, Håland, and Oblak (and you could make a case he is 2nd or 3rd, if you drop Oblak down and rate Havertz over Håland)

Jan Oblak      
Raphaël Varane (falls off next year as he turns 28 on April 25th)
José Giménez
Marquinhos
Alessio Romagnoli
Milan Skriniar
David Alaba (drops off  soon as he turns 28 in 2 weeks)
Sandro Tonali   
Saúl Ñíguez  (never forget he can play LB to a WC level as well, he just hates it, lolol)

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Kai Havertz
Kylian Mbappé    (fantasy land BUT he is available, just for too much quid)
Jadon Sancho
Erling Håland 

Lautaro Martínez

Maybe I've underestimated him immensely. I have a phobia for very tall creative midfelders. I always want creative midfielders around kdb or david silva height

10 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

There is the likes of Zaha, Coutinho (and so many others) you could say that indeed 70-80M would be a total waste, which I agree with, but definitely not Havertz.

Maybe inconsistent at times and his numbers are not Mbappe like, but his potential is immense, top 3 in the world if you ask me. He simply is in the mould of so many quality players you can't yet decide who he resembles best, there is so much of Zidane, Cruyff, Kaka in his game, even the way he comes into the box makes you think of all the greatest goalscoring midfielders like hopefully his soon to be manager Frank Lampard, there is also some Ballack in his game, his vision and close control is sublime for his age, so calm and efortless, especially the way he moves the ball with ease given he is tall and has a high center of gravity, just like Ibrahimovic.

This guy is the jack of all trades if you ask me, 75-80M could prove to be a coup in a few years. I mean I am sure it will be, this price is low(ish) because of the current world climate, otherwise he'd not move from Leverkusen for less than 130-140M before bonuses.

I can tell he moves the ball with confidence and class, but you really hold him in high regard to be mentioning those greats. My only problem is how come his name was not widely known till after this pandemic.

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Maybe I've underestimated him immensely. I have a phobia for very tall creative midfelders. I always want creative midfielders around kdb or david silva height

I can tell he moves the ball with confidence and class, but you really hold him in high regard to be mentioning those greats. My only problem is how come his name was not widely known till after this pandemic.

Maybe because he isn't English? i mean last season Havertz had put better numbers than Sancho, but the later still got more attention. Sancho's fame also become stronger when he overshadowed Havertz in the first half of this season.

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Maybe because he isn't English? i mean last season Havertz had put better numbers than Sancho, but the later still got more attention. Sancho's fame also become stronger when he overshadowed Havertz in the first half of this season.

Thats definitely a good point. We'll see how good he is in the coming games

4 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

i mean last season Havertz had put better numbers than Sancho,

Well, it depends on which aspect you want to look at. 

Sancho contributed to more goals last season than Havertz (32 to 27). Havertz scored more goals (20 to 13) but Sancho had more assists (19 to 7).

11 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

There is the likes of Zaha, Coutinho (and so many others) you could say that indeed 70-80M would be a total waste, which I agree with, but definitely not Havertz.

Maybe inconsistent at times and his numbers are not Mbappe like, but his potential is immense, top 3 in the world if you ask me. He simply is in the mould of so many quality players you can't yet decide who he resembles best, there is so much of Zidane, Cruyff, Kaka in his game, even the way he comes into the box makes you think of all the greatest goalscoring midfielders like hopefully his soon to be manager Frank Lampard, there is also some Ballack in his game, his vision and close control is sublime for his age, so calm and efortless, especially the way he moves the ball with ease given he is tall and has a high center of gravity, just like Ibrahimovic.

This guy is the jack of all trades if you ask me, 75-80M could prove to be a coup in a few years. I mean I am sure it will be, this price is low(ish) because of the current world climate, otherwise he'd not move from Leverkusen for less than 130-140M before bonuses.

I see it the same way. 80m would be a Substantial but absolutely worthwhile investment. He will only appreciate in value with the crazy talent of his. Mind his goalscoring record is without being on penalty duty or cf tap ins. His actions on the ball are absolute quality. IMO he is very similar to Kaka in playing style with a bit of Zidane but not that similar to Lampard and Ballack who were both a bit more robust and more vertical in their movement and space usage in the sense that they could tact the tempo of the play. Wir I. Front of the Defence and spray long balls or build up play, roam up and down in search for goalscoring positions and threaten goal even from 30yards+. Havertz moves more around and inside the penalty box, from flank to flank and in the channels. He knows he is most effective when he comes at least close to 20 yards to the opposition goal even if his pace is an added bonus on the break. So he is more of a pure yet versatile offensive player rather than a complete midfielder Lamps/Ballack Style.
In that sense  he would complete any attack. While, because of his meagre defensive Workrate  and lack of tackling and tactical skills he would be wasted in central midfield, With a player like him in our front 3/4 we can optionally completely leave out a traditional striker  or traditional wingers if we would like. He would not only give us a future top 10 player in the world but also a ton of tactical options up front. 

The thing that needs to be put into context is one simple thing....Covid-19, it as absolutely crippled business's never mind football clubs and I mean football clubs that you associate with big spending that it will really cripple.

We had the ban, this believe it or not didn't act in our favour back then but you can bet it has now. The sales of Hazard and Morata accumulate to around 180M, not factoring in what we will get for other player sales. 

People are saying we won't get Werner and Havertz, thinking about it in this context I have explained it's actually doable with ease.

Get them both, fuck em all.

48 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The thing that needs to be put into context is one simple thing....Covid-19, it as absolutely crippled business's never mind football clubs and I mean football clubs that you associate with big spending that it will really cripple.

We had the ban, this believe it or not didn't act in our favour back then but you can bet it has now. The sales of Hazard and Morata accumulate to around 180M, not factoring in what we will get for other player sales. 

People are saying we won't get Werner and Havertz, thinking about it in this context I have explained it's actually doable with ease.

Get them both, fuck em all.

I would say the ban worked in our favour back then too in a way because it forced the club to turn to the academy and in doing so, seemingly map out a much longer term blueprint for the club including choice of manager. Especially if we manage to qualify for the Champions League next season too, i would view it as a very successful season all things considered.

We've found half a dozen academy players this season who all at worst are good enough to be members of the squad and stop us buying squad fillers like Zappacosta and Drinkwater.

Now being able to cherry pick players who can impact the first XI and not just beef up the squad in the current climate presents a massive opportunity that must be taken. Even if it means minimal activity next summer, we should attempt to throw our weight around from the position of strength we suddenly find ourselves in.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I see it the same way. 80m would be a Substantial but absolutely worthwhile investment. He will only appreciate in value with the crazy talent of his. Mind his goalscoring record is without being on penalty duty or cf tap ins. His actions on the ball are absolute quality. IMO he is very similar to Kaka in playing style with a bit of Zidane but not that similar to Lampard and Ballack who were both a bit more robust and more vertical in their movement and space usage in the sense that they could tact the tempo of the play. Wir I. Front of the Defence and spray long balls or build up play, roam up and down in search for goalscoring positions and threaten goal even from 30yards+. Havertz moves more around and inside the penalty box, from flank to flank and in the channels. He knows he is most effective when he comes at least close to 20 yards to the opposition goal even if his pace is an added bonus on the break. So he is more of a pure yet versatile offensive player rather than a complete midfielder Lamps/Ballack Style.
In that sense  he would complete any attack. While, because of his meagre defensive Workrate  and lack of tackling and tactical skills he would be wasted in central midfield, With a player like him in our front 3/4 we can optionally completely leave out a traditional striker  or traditional wingers if we would like. He would not only give us a future top 10 player in the world but also a ton of tactical options up front. 

That sounds quite promising. I went back to look for some video's of him to understand what this hype is all about. 

He's a great passer with KDB type vision for runners and players in free space. How this has not translated into more assists is a mystery. He also has fantastic shooting technique (volleys, first time shots, Headers, shot power, chips, placement)

Because of our previous failures in signings (cuadrado, Bakayoko, Barkley etc)  I made up my mind not to be hyped about any players without a good goals or assist record. But with Havertz talent, he should have had far more assists.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

That sounds quite promising. I went back to look for some video's of him to understand what this hype is all about. 

He's a great passer with KDB type vision for runners and players in free space. How this has not translated into more assists is a mystery. He also has fantastic shooting technique (volleys, first time shots, Headers, shot power, chips, placement)

Because of our previous failures in signings (cuadrado, Bakayoko, Barkley etc)  I made up my mind not to be hyped about any players without a good goals or assist record. But with Havertz talent, he should have had far more assists.

this is totally anecdotal, but a German presenter (who partners with an native English speaker) said that Havertz had shit luck with players he set up missing so many sitters and/or decent chances and also cocking up a counters or flow of play key passes from him

wish I could recall the bloke's name, but every time I see him present a game he is a fucking encyclopaedia on German football

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

this is totally anecdotal, but a German presenter (who partners with an native English speaker) said that Havertz had shit luck with players he set up missing so many sitters and/or decent chances and also cocking up a counters or flow of play key passes from him

wish I could recall the bloke's name, but every time I see him present a game he is a fucking encyclopaedia on German football

If we get him, then we are replacing Willian and Pedro with Ziyech and Kai.
And Michy with Werner.

That’s a freakin’ scary upgrade.

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

If we get him, then we are replacing Willian and Pedro with Ziyech and Kai.
And Michy with Werner.

That’s a freakin’ scary upgrade.

well, since Roman has bought the team

we have had, at one time or another, if just for a year or too, but then perhaps again

the best in the world

GK Cech

CB Terry

LB Ashley Cole

DMF Claude Makélélé

DMF Kante

AMF Lampard

CF Didier Drogba

and Hazard as 2nd best LWer (after Neymar) 3rd if you count CR7, but he plays all the over the pitch, so hard to just call him a winger (Mbappe is like that now)

so it isn't like he have not had best in world talent before (Havertz obviously, if he stays at AMF will be the best after De Bruyne slows down), those two are just streets ahead of the others on the planet there atm

if we were to snag Alaba, he has been the best LB on the planet for ages, until Davies exploded this season, and forced him to CB (as did injuries at CB for Bayern) We also cocked up multiple shots at the number best LB at the time, Alex Sandro (fuck Jordi Alba, always detested him, he would have gotten smashed up in the EPL, little spoilt dwarf, Marcelo was a joke as a defender, worse than Alonso, or close)

fucking sucks that Oblak turned us down in 2018 or we would have the best GK now too

Werner is arguably the best SS or CF with two up top on the planet (Dybala would be his only real competition there)

In 3 or 4 years I predict Camavinga will be the best or 2nd DMF on the planet, IF Kimmich goes back to RB, and as he is 8 years younger, so will get there anyway (with completion from Tonali who I also have been pushing hard for ages)

Saúl Ñíguez is the best pure CMF on the planet, unless, unless you count Frenckie de Jong (obviously not buyable) as a pure CMF, and even then, I think they are probably tied, with slight edge to Saul atm

Hell, de Ligt (swap for Jorginho and Emerson?) has best CB on the planet POTENTIAL (not remotely there yet but the lad was still a teen at the very beginning of this season)

IF we somehow did a swap with Real, Kante for Varane, we would have the best or 2nd best CB on the planet

there is always a method to my madness, lolol

if we had not fucked about and cocked up so many sales and buys between summer 2016 and summer 2019, we could have had the cash to pay for most of those, some then, some now (and had Oblak a year before he turn us down, when we were coming off a championship year  and had CL footie to offer)

What position is everyone thinking Harvetz will play if he comes in? When ever I have seen him I thought No.6/No.8/No.10 and the only reason he plays the other attacking positions is due to him being so good and playing for Bayer. However, when I see everyone else talking about him they seem to think if him as a No.11/false No.9. Am I missing something? For me if we signed him we would line up as: 

Jorgi/Gilmour 

Harvetz/Kova.                       Mount/RLC 

Ziyech.                Tammy.                 Pulisic 

*yes I do expect Kante to be sold if a decent bid comes in (although it may be Jorgi who goes then Kante stays.) 

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

What position is everyone thinking Harvetz will play if he comes in? When ever I have seen him I thought No.6/No.8/No.10 and the only reason he plays the other attacking positions is due to him being so good and playing for Bayer. However, when I see everyone else talking about him they seem to think if him as a No.11/false No.9. Am I missing something? For me if we signed him we would line up as: 

Jorgi/Gilmour 

Harvetz/Kova.                       Mount/RLC 

Ziyech.                Tammy.                 Pulisic 

*yes I do expect Kante to be sold if a decent bid comes in (although it may be Jorgi who goes then Kante stays.) 

floating AMF

CF

SS or as one of the 2 CF's with Werner in a front two (with Ziyech then behind them)

RW or LW

ie

wherever Lampard wants him