Kai Havertz

Blues11

...............Havertz

Werner.....Ziyech.....Pulisic

.........Kante.......Kova

LB.......Rudi.......CB.......RJ

.................Kepa

Bench - Caba, Christeansen, Azpi, Gilmour, RLC, Mount, Cho, Tammy

Currently 8 players on bench, hoping atleast 1 player will be injured in rotation :P

Jorginho, Giroud, Barkley, Alonso, Emerson can be sold, Willian and Pedro can be released

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes it would be interesting to see where he would play but Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech will all be starters no doubt. Abraham, CHO and Mount/RLC on the bench.

Pulisic is barely a starter now and we have (currently) one of the weakest attacks compared to the other top English / European teams.

He has done nothing to lock down a place in this climate so how will he cope against these much better players if/when they are bought?

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Puli was very good indeed once he got playing time...I liked what I saw. Cho on the other hand looks a shadow, he needs to show his quality come soon.

This is so wrong lol. Pulisic had 3-4 decent games but has been largely ineffective and a complete waste of time otherwise. At least CHO is coming off one of the most serious injuries a player can suffer.

Pulisic is older, cost nearly 60m and has been a total flop.

18 minutes ago, SUNZ said:

Pulisic is barely a starter now and we have (currently) one of the weakest attacks compared to the other top English / European teams.

He has done nothing to lock down a place in this climate so how will he cope against these much better players if/when they are bought?

This is so wrong lol. Pulisic had 3-4 decent games but has been largely ineffective and a complete waste of time otherwise. At least CHO is coming off one of the most serious injuries a player can suffer.

Pulisic is older, cost nearly 60m and has been a total flop.

He has 6 goals and 6 assists in 1576 minutes. This equals 17 and a half games. Goal or assist every 131 minute. Only better is Tammy with goal contribution every 118 minutes.

Pulisic biggest problem this season is injury of course. Majority of starters like Willian, Mount, Tammy played more that 2500 minutes this season. So if Pulisic hipoteticly in other 1000-1500 minutes replicated stats from his game time he would be POTY easily.

He has 6 goals and 6 assists in 1576 minutes. This equals 17 and a half games. Goal or assist every 131 minute. Only better is Tammy with goal contribution every 118 minutes.
Pulisic biggest problem this season is injury of course. Majority of starters like Willian, Mount, Tammy played more that 2500 minutes this season. So if Pulisic hipoteticly in other 1000-1500 minutes replicated stats from his game time he would be POTY easily.
He's been injured since around November hasnt he?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Name one thing that Mount is better at than Pulisic? For me both Pulisic and CHO have potential to be on Hazard level. Leaving them on the bench for Mount would be blasphemy!

He is more decisive and works harder. With Ziyech, Kai (I dont know how much Werner tracks back) we will lack some grit and running/pressing. RLC, Pulisi, Odoi arent hard workers. Mount is. 

When it comes to pure talent, neither is Hazard level of potential. And then comes the work which I think Mount does way more due to personal Lamps guidance and fact he isnt going to play because of price tag or being the wonderboy. He has good mentality.

Beaides if he sucks, then Pulisic will play or whoever. I just think Lamps loves Mount and can mold him to his own playing style back in the day. Lamps wasnt as talented as Kaka but he worked hard and had superb mentality. Sure he was great footballer, but that Mount has the potential too.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Whaaaaat? Pulisic may have started the season slowly and wasn't played much initially but from that Burnley game or mid-October onward, he's pretty much earned his spot in the starting XI. Lampard praised him on numerous occasions and the attacking stats put Pulisic among our top two players. 

I admit I didnt watch every game this season for the first time in ages, but from what I remember Puli was good in couple of games and even scored a few goals, but the  he faded. He was even dropped for a key game and brought later but didnt show much IIRC.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I admit I didnt watch every game this season for the first time in ages, but from what I remember Puli was good in couple of games and even scored a few goals, but the  he faded. He was even dropped for a key game and brought later but didnt show much IIRC.

By the key game, you mean the one at Spurs? He felt jaded then having played something like 10-15 consecutive games and that was also around the time when he started to encounter the injury problem. Lampard was right to rest or drop him then. People need to remember that he is still only 21 and this is his first season in England. He hasn't been perfect but he has shown his qualities to be an important player in the team. 

And just on Havertz, it's easy to go gaga over him right now because it's worth noting that he was very poor in the first half of the season...imagine the reaction if it happened here! He managed to rediscover his form after the winter break but let's not pretend as if it has been plain sailing in Havertz's career so far. Just like Pulisic, just like every other young player, there's gonna be ups and downs early on. 

2 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Must have been early January? I'm flabbergasted. Feels like it was ages

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yup, early January. He last played at Brighton.

And TBF, 2020 has been one long, shit year. So January does feel like years ago.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Aouar is a completely different type of player.

He has 3 goals and 3 assist in 2000 league minutes this season

he is a linkage player, superb in the middle of the pitch but is not a pure scorer nor pure assist man (yet)

Havertz was THE FIRST EVER teenager to score 20 goals as a MFer in European history of major football.

He also became the first player in history to score 35 Bundesliga goals before the age of 21

He has been on an absolute tear since the Bundesliga came back from winter break

17 games all comps

12 goals,  7 assists

7 goals in his last 6 games at CF (at the age of 20)

as a teen last year

20 goals, 7 assists on a meh team that finished 20 points off Bayern, 18 off Dortmund and had five other teams clipping at their heels, all within 3 to 7 points (and he played zero games at CF)

if you watch him play and do not see insane native talent and drive, then I cannot help you

Honestly I will only be satisfied with his signing if he is playing beside Werner in attack. Havertz is tall, and scores goals but his assists is not good enough to become the fulcrum of our creativity in attack, we have Ziyech for that.

If we get him for 45mil, I would be elated with the signing, but if I see 75mil used on him, it would feel like we wasted so much money. 

If we sign Havertz, the line up would be as follows IMO:

Werner

Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

Kova Kante (if he stays)/Gilmour

Mount is extremely raw and to be honest don't think he's CFC quality right now - think he'd be suitable for a loan. Havertz and RLC are very similar players and will interchange. CHO will sub for Pulisic or Ziyech until he gets back to top form, which could unfortunately be never if he is a classic English partier.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He is more decisive and works harder. With Ziyech, Kai (I dont know how much Werner tracks back) we will lack some grit and running/pressing. RLC, Pulisi, Odoi arent hard workers. Mount is. 

When it comes to pure talent, neither is Hazard level of potential. And then comes the work which I think Mount does way more due to personal Lamps guidance and fact he isnt going to play because of price tag or being the wonderboy. He has good mentality.

Beaides if he sucks, then Pulisic will play or whoever. I just think Lamps loves Mount and can mold him to his own playing style back in the day. Lamps wasnt as talented as Kaka but he worked hard and had superb mentality. Sure he was great footballer, but that Mount has the potential too.

If we sign Havertz there's no way I would start Mount. Mount had some promising moments early on and yes, he's a hard worker but no way I start him on the wing over Ziyech, Cho, or Pulisic. Giving Cho or Pulisic more space with all these talents would elevate them even more. Mount is more of a grinder and would definitely still play a major role.

Exciting times right now being a Blues fan...hoping for the best in terms of Havertz! 

6 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Puli was very good indeed once he got playing time...I liked what I saw. Cho on the other hand looks a shadow, he needs to show his quality come soon.

I disagree and I think he's been fine all things considered.

After returning from injury he was on a goal contribution a month, including a winning assist in the CL a minute after he came on. Admittedly in the winter months he had a rut but in January he exploded back into form and was our best attacker in that period.

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Honestly I will only be satisfied with his signing if he is playing beside Werner in attack. Havertz is tall, and scores goals but his assists is not good enough to become the fulcrum of our creativity in attack, we have Ziyech for that.

If we get him for 45mil, I would be elated with the signing, but if I see 75mil used on him, it would feel like we wasted so much money. 

we are just going to have to disagree

there are only a handful of players under 28yo who I would grab instantly if money was no object

The 15 top remotely available under 28yos

pulling out the impossible Mbappe and then Varane (age) and we already have (99%) Werner

Havertz is 4th

after Sancho, Håland, and Oblak (and you could make a case he is 2nd or 3rd, if you drop Oblak down and rate Havertz over Håland)

Jan Oblak      
Raphaël Varane (falls off next year as he turns 28 on April 25th)
José Giménez
Marquinhos
Alessio Romagnoli
Milan Skriniar
David Alaba (drops off  soon as he turns 28 in 2 weeks)
Sandro Tonali   
Saúl Ñíguez  (never forget he can play LB to a WC level as well, he just hates it, lolol)

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Kai Havertz
Kylian Mbappé    (fantasy land BUT he is available, just for too much quid)
Jadon Sancho
Erling Håland 

Lautaro Martínez

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kylian Mbappé    (fantasy land BUT he is available, just for too much quid)

Just for info Vesper,

Native speakers wouldn't use 'quid' in that way. Some slang terms which would be used in that context are; 'dosh', 'dough', 'lucre', or 'moolah'. There are others but those'll keep you going. :)