Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

That amount is only true if you win every single match in the competiton. For teams like us that most likely exit in the round of 16 it will be more like 25-40m depending on money from TV and ads. I think this CL money thing is a bit blown out of proportion, so I doubt it plays sucha majorrole. With FFP being loosened for a season i think we can afford him anyway. Surely the board will not pull of a deal that is not financially feasible.

Last year Real Madrid and Atletico both made around 85m euros and were eliminated in the round of 16 while we won the EL and made 45m.And we talk about a team winning  the EL. 

MU progressed to the quarterfinals and made 93m which is almost 50m more than us. 

That amount is only true if you win every single match in the competiton. For teams like us that most likely exit in the round of 16 it will be more like 25-40m depending on money from TV and ads. I think this CL money thing is a bit blown out of proportion, so I doubt it plays sucha majorrole. With FFP being loosened for a season i think we can afford him anyway. Surely the board will not pull of a deal that is not financially feasible.

For example, Manchester United made 93m€ from last year's Champions League. They were knocked out in quarter finals by Barcelona. Liverpool won the whole thing and only made 111m€ so the difference between winning and pretty much just participating is really not that much.

I think there's only around 15m€ guaranteed for everyone in the group stages and rest of the money depends on the club's UEFA coefficient, share of TV revenue depending on how popular the club is and finally the success in the competition. For a club of Chelsea's coefficient and market share it's probably around 60m€ to just take part in the group stages and around 10m€ extra per round in the knockout stages. Plus all match day revenue etc. which amount to a decent amount of money in normal circumstances, of course with empty stadiums during the pandemic that's different.

58 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

That amount is only true if you win every single match in the competiton. For teams like us that most likely exit in the round of 16 it will be more like 25-40m depending on money from TV and ads. 

https://en.as.com/en/2019/09/17/football/1568715726_986830.html

You also get money for every game win in the Champions League, coefficient ranking money etc.

I think this CL money thing is a bit blown out of proportion, so I doubt it plays sucha majorrole. With FFP being loosened for a season i think we can afford him anyway. Surely the board will not pull of a deal that is not financially feasible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7841179/Chelsea-announce-96-6m-LOSS-financial-year-making-profit-2017-2018.html

It is not blown out of proportion when we are going through a pandemic and we don't exactly know how much loss have the club taken, even if we're in a better position than most clubs. 

FFP being loosened doesn't mean clubs can just go out and spend freely. Otherwise, Bayern would have moved to sign Havertz while Liverpool would have signed Werner for example.

The club probably thought we could afford him given our Top 4 position a few days ago. But since everything is up in the air again, who knows? If we have to cut back our spending and spend only either defensive players or attacking players, I'd choose the former all day long!

What’s the point of Bundesliga/Germany domestic competitions anyway? Fucking Bayern just steamroll any other teams with ease. That’s bad? No, the worse is they keep buying every fucking talents within the league and left other teams with absolutely no chance to shake their sheer dominance. Boring as fuck.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

What’s the point of Bundesliga/Germany domestic competitions anyway? Fucking Bayern just steamroll any other teams with ease. That’s bad? No, the worse is they keep buying every fucking talents within the league and left other teams with absolutely no chance to shake their sheer dominance. Boring as fuck.

They own that league from top to bottom, one of the most boring and one sided leagues when it comes to the title.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

They own that league from top to bottom, one of the most boring and one sided leagues when it comes to the title.

Tbf for all the talk of the Bundelisga being one sided, dont forget Dortmund were at the top for ages and blew the lead, the one real chance they had to win the title for years.

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf for all the talk of the Bundelisga being one sided, dont forget Dortmund were at the top for ages and blew the lead, the one real chance they had to win the title for years.

Niko Kovac gave Dortmund a big headstart this season and last but Dortmund bottled it on both occasions. They don't deserve it. 

47 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No one in Germany was thinking one minute they could win the title tho even when they were like 8 points above Bayern. Some of my colleagues who are Gladbach fans were bullish about them, some are dortmudn fans, so i challenged them for a bet with outrageously good odds for them and no one dared it.