Kai Havertz

Blues11

I was one that felt if the opportunity to buy Havertz was there to take it, even at the expense of improving other areas of the squad. 

Part of me is still trying to hold on to that opinion because I believe he could become one of the best players in the world over the next few years.

But we are just so crap in defence, I think it's imperative to add a centre back and left back this summer if we can. Hopefully we can flip one of the centre backs and left backs to offset a chunk of the cost and get a couple of big additions in those areas.

If we really want to push too we need to seriously consider Kepa's future. He's been dealt a bad hand this season with how poor our defending has been but that works both ways. A keeper to come and dominate the box would have a significant impact on our ability to deal with corners and wide free kicks. Neither were the best ball players, but Courtois or Cech would likely deal with at least 50% of the balls into the box that we are struggling to defend against.

I do not think it is an either/or
but maybe I am delusional, lol
I am more upset than anytime in months and months
super worried at so many multiple levels
Lamps learned nothing from the last games and the players almost to a man let us all down
plus I have RAGING PMS banghead.gif cry.gif, worst in months, so I am off me head

We could only afford Havertz, GK, CB and LB if we sold Kante and/or Jorgi. But CB, LB and GK should be our biggest priority.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

If the opportunity is there to take...go get him...we will be alright at the end of the day...

Am tired of Barkley and ffs injury has really plagued RLC that he has forgotten how football use to be....we can sign Theo Hernadez  and play him in central defense as contingency alternative...

CB and GK have to be a priority over all other positions at this moment in time, and that includes LB. At this moment in time I would maybe even say two CB's and GK before LB. People go on about the Alonso last night but he was clearly told to push up and essentially become a LWF, so even if you improve that position the problem will still exist owing to the tactics/instructions. However, Kepa and our CB's have proven time and time again that they cannot do do the basics of defending or even pass properly, while the CB's are also not any good in the opposition boxes either (unlike Alonso who will at least get a lot of goals/assist relative to his position.) 

As for Harvetz, I would love him but when you have such arse clowns as Kepa and the CB's in your squad then you need to sort that first. At the moment people are saying play Zouma and yes he may be a little bit better than Rudiger, but lets also not forget that he is easily drawn out of position and has a habit of skying his clearances so it is not exactly as if he is a saviour in waiting, as we already know his level. 

Chelsea are ready to step up their pursuit of Kai Havertz after the attacking midfielder plays for Bayer Leverkusen in Saturday’s German Cup final against Bayern Munich.

But the possibility of head coach Frank Lampard trying to sign a new goalkeeper may rest on whether or not Chelsea are prepared to pay a percentage of Kepa Arrizabalaga’s wages to loan him out.

Kepa was once again at fault in Chelsea’s costly 3-2 defeat by West Ham United and Lampard will seriously consider his options in the goalkeeping position at the end of the season.

Chelsea have no chance of recouping anywhere near the £71.6 million they spent to make Kepa the world’s most expensive goalkeeper almost two years ago, which makes a loan the most realistic option for replacing him.

There is interest from La Liga clubs in taking Kepa back to Spain for at least a season, but it is unlikely that any of those clubs would be willing or able to pay his £150,000-a-week wages.

That means Chelsea would need to agree to pay a percentage of Kepa’s salary while he was out on loan to free up space for Lampard to sign a new goalkeeper during the next transfer window.

While there does not seem to be an obvious candidate to replace Kepa at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have the perfect man in technical and performance advisor Petr Cech to find the right candidate.

Cech has worked closely with Lampard and director Marina Granovskaia over the signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, and it would be fair to assume that he would have a big say on any potential goalkeeper signing.

Both Lampard and Cech know that winning teams need a top-level goalkeeper and, so far this season, Kepa has fallen short of that standard despite his talent.

The substandard goalkeeping and defending at the London Stadium on Wednesday night will not, however, impact Chelsea’s desire to improve their attacking options further.

Havertz remains near the top of the club’s wanted list and German sources believe Chelsea will make a bid for the 21-year-old once he has played in Saturday’s final.

Chelsea’s chances of landing Havertz this summer were boosted by Leverkusen missing out on Champions League qualification, although they could still face competition for the player.

Bayern are interested in setting up a deal to sign Havertz next summer, having already signed Leroy Sane from Manchester City this week, while Real Madrid are thought to have shown an interest.

Chelsea, though, seem determined to fight hard for Havertz, who Leverkusen have valued at almost £90m. They will hope to negotiate a deal some way under that price.

Other than a goalkeeper, Chelsea want a new left-back, with Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell still top of Lampard’s list of targets in that position.

[/url]

Chelsea are ready to step up their pursuit of Kai Havertz 

after the attacking midfielder plays for Bayer Leverkusen in Saturday’s German Cup final against Bayern Munich.

But the possibility of head coach Frank Lampard trying to sign a new goalkeeper may rest on whether or not Chelsea are prepared to pay a percentage of Kepa Arrizabalaga’s wages to loan him out.

Kepa was once again at fault in Chelsea’s costly 3-2 defeat by West Ham United and Lampard will seriously consider his options in the goalkeeping position at the end of the season.

Chelsea have no chance of recouping anywhere near the £71.6 million they spent to make Kepa the world’s most expensive goalkeeper almost two years ago, which makes a loan the most realistic option for replacing him.

There is interest from La Liga clubs in taking Kepa back to Spain for at least a season, but it is unlikely that any of those clubs would be willing or able to pay his £150,000-a-week wages.

That means Chelsea would need to agree to pay a percentage of Kepa’s salary while he was out on loan to free up space for Lampard to sign a new goalkeeper during the next transfer window.

While there does not seem to be an obvious candidate to replace Kepa at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have the perfect man in technical and performance advisor Petr Cech to find the right candidate.

Cech has worked closely with Lampard and director Marina Granovskaia over the signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, and it would be fair to assume that he would have a big say on any potential goalkeeper signing.

Both Lampard and Cech know that winning teams need a top-level goalkeeper and, so far this season, Kepa has fallen short of that standard despite his talent.

The substandard goalkeeping and defending at the London Stadium on Wednesday night will not, however, impact Chelsea’s desire to improve their attacking options further.

Havertz remains near the top of the club’s wanted list and German sources believe Chelsea will make a bid for the 21-year-old once he has played in Saturday’s final.

Chelsea’s chances of landing Havertz this summer were boosted by Leverkusen missing out on Champions League qualification, although they could still face competition for the player.

Bayern are interested in setting up a deal to sign Havertz next summer, having already signed Leroy Sane from Manchester City this week, while Real Madrid are thought to have shown an interest.

Chelsea, though, seem determined to fight hard for Havertz, who Leverkusen have valued at almost £90m. They will hope to negotiate a deal some way under that price.

Other than a goalkeeper, Chelsea want a new left-back, with Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell still top of Lampard’s list of targets in that position.

Hahahaha

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

"If he goes to the Premier League, he will learn a lot.  'I think Kai dreams of playing there. He has that desire, and I think he decides to play in England he will be a success." - Kai Havertz team mate, Wendall on Havertz next move

I cannot for the life of me see where CHO fits in the team when we play next season. Right now Pulisic is our best player and is looking like he could be nigh on undroppable and unplayable.

Ziyech and Werner are yet to come in, and talks of Havertz now heating up by the day.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Signing CHO with that contract, looks bad every time you look at it

At least it's consistent then because it looked very, very bad the first time you looked at it.

Let's hope the contract is not as big as reported. If Callum's deal is in the region of the amount reported then I hope he has KDB's & Moh Salah's numbers, so he can call to thank them everyday.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I cannot for the life of me see where CHO fits in the team when we play next season. Right now Pulisic is our best player and is looking like he could be nigh on undroppable and unplayable.

Ziyech and Werner are yet to come in, and talks of Havertz now heating up by the day.

Pulisic is injury prone and Ziyech will have time playing at CAM, freeing up RW. Plenty of game time for CHO. 

Im interested to see if Lampard can utilise his attacking options as good as Guardiola. But this obviously shouldn’t be our main concern. 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Pulisic is injury prone and Ziyech will have time playing at CAM, freeing up RW. Plenty of game time for CHO. 

Genuine question - do you enjoy seeing Pulisic getting injured or something? We all know he doesn't have the cleanest of injury record but christ, in every such post from you, there's always 'Pulisic is injury prone'. You're making it sound like he's getting injured in every game! For all we know, the club staff may well sort out the problems that has caused him to get injured often in the past.

As for CHO, it is funny you mentioned he'll get plenty of game time for CHO. Because he too has had injury problems this season and has played less than "injury prone" Pulisic. Will CHO become "injury prone" too? Also IF Willian stays on, then CHO may find playing time even harder to get.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Genuine question - do you enjoy seeing Pulisic getting injured or something? We all know he doesn't have the cleanest of injury record but christ, in every such post from you, there's always 'Pulisic is injury prone'. You're making it sound like he's getting injured in every game! For all we know, the club staff may well sort out the problems that has caused him to get injured often in the past.

As for CHO, it is funny you mentioned he'll get plenty of game time for CHO. Because he too has had injury problems this season and has played less than "injury prone" Pulisic. Will CHO become "injury prone" too? Also IF Willian stays on, then CHO may find playing time even harder to get.

Do I enjoy seeing one of our players get injured? What an absurd train of thought. :lol:

Since the beginning of the 2018/19 season, Pulisic has suffered 9 injuries, all of which were a result of muscular imbalances. This is a worry and it will continue to be a worry until he can go a prolonged period without sustaining these self inflicting injuries. His inability to be consistently fit, will give CHO opportunities to play. Aside the odd rotation matches as well. Ziyech will most likely be rotated at RW and at CAM, giving another option for CHO to play there as well.  

There was also a discussion I had with you regarding Sancho's transfer and "where would CHO/Pulisic fit in" to which I said which ever is fit will most likely play given both are currently injury prone.