Kai Havertz

Blues11

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if they miss out on CL (pretty likely now unless Gladbach cocks up badly) the amount of activity will explode

Well Hertha just beat Leverkusen and Gladbach are missing their 3 best players, its still gonna be tough.. 

8 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Well Hertha just beat Leverkusen and Gladbach are missing their 3 best players, its still gonna be tough.. 

Embolo and Strindl up front should work

Denis Zakaria is a big miss, but

Gladbach pounded a decent decent Wolfsburg team without them, almost drew Bayern (Thuram left injured after 10 minutes so they were missing the 3 most of the game) at Bayern, and won 3 1 away (granted against Paderborn)

I think they can at least draw (which they did the last time they played Hertha, and that was away)

not that home field means much without the fans

Hertha are now carrying a tonne of knocks too

Thomas Kraft    starting GK
Maximilian Mittelstädt    starting LB   
Peter Pekarik    backup RB

Santiago Ascacíbar starting DMF
Arne Maier    starting CMF and another DMF option
Javairô Dilrosun    starting LW
Marius Wolf    backup RWer who starts sometimes

are all out

should be a good game

and Mainz are crazy unpredictable, so may pull a surprise on Bayer (it only takes a draw in either match to clinch CL for Gladbach, or obviously a Bayer loss or a Gladbach win)

Gladbach is so ruing that shit nil nil to Werder atm and also so many chances to draw v Freiburg (they lost nil-1) 

If they score 2 the odds of Hertha putting 3 past that defence are remote, even 2 maybe be hard

they have a superb pair of young CB's

in the last 9 games, they have only given up more than 1 goal once (to Bayer themselves)

and that Bayer game was the only time in 36 matches they have given up more than 2 goals (they lost 3-1)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

What's new there that we don't already know? We know we are one of the clubs interested in Havertz and according to those reliable German sources, no club have made any concrete move yet. Everyone is playing the waiting game here. 

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Gladbach pounded a decent decent Wolfsburg team without them, almost drew Bayern (Thuram left injured after 10 minutes so they were missing the 3 most of the game) at Bayern, and won 3 1 away (granted against Paderborn)

I think they can at least draw (which they did the last time they played Hertha, and that was away)

are all out

should be a good game

and Mainz are crazy unpredictable, so may pull a surprise on Bayer (it only takes a draw in either match to clinch CL for Gladbach, or obviously a Bayer loss or a Gladbach win)

Gladbach is so ruing that shit nil nil to Werder atm and also so many chances to draw v Freiburg (they lost nil-1) 

If they score 2 the odds of Hertha putting 3 past that defence are remote, even 2 maybe be hard

in the last 9 games, they have only given up more than 1 goal once (to Bayer themselves)

and that Bayer game was the only time in 36 matches they have given up more than 2 goals (they lost 3-1)

I sure hope they can do it (i've been a fan since i was a kid), and i agree they probably will. You just made it sound like too much of a sure thing for me..

But maybe that's just the pessimism about Gladbach that my dad has taught me so well :D

Just now, Artandur said:

I sure hope they can do it (i've been a fan since i was a kid), and i agree they probably will. You just made it sound like too much of a sure thing for me..

But maybe that's just the pessimism about Gladbach that my dad has taught me so well :D

oh sorry, it is so not a sure thing in my mind

I do think it is more than even odds though

especially if they can pump in 2 goals

the wild card is that fucking Piatek

if he has a worldie it might be trouble

Dodi Lukebakio too

those 2 are by far Hertha's main weapons they will have

Marco Rose is a great young manager, and I hope he has a game plan to bottle them up

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

What's new there that we don't already know? We know we are one of the clubs interested in Havertz and according to those reliable German sources, no club have made any concrete move yet. Everyone is playing the waiting game here. 

better hope Gladbach pips Bayer for the CL

although that price reduction (even that is speculation) makes him cheaper for other clubs as well so may end up fucking us

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

better hope Gladbach pips Bayer for the CL

although that price reduction (even that is speculation) makes him cheaper for other clubs as well so may end up fucking us

Good! 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good! 

how is that good IF it draws in the dippers (my true nightmare), Real, Shitty, Manure, Bayern (NOW, not next summer) etc etc

Imagine if bloody Leicester took (if we are crazy enough to pay it) the money from Chilwell and bought Havertz????

not saying he would choose to go there but hell, they could make a strong case (as they will more than likely have CL and have a great team in many areas and can easily buy any number of LB's to replace Chilwell as well)

"Leverkusen currently value Havertz at more than 100 million euros (£89.5m) as they field interest in the winger from Chelsea, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

That is around £20 million more than Chelsea would hope to pay for Havertz, but there is a belief that asking price may have to drop if Leverkusen fail to finish in the top four of the Bundesliga."

That was the original quote from the telegraph on that 20 mil reduction. Would certainly not take it as fact that their valuation would drop 20 mil.

After helping with the Werner deal, Antonio Rudiger could play a part in Kai Havetz pursuit

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/06/helping-werner-deal-antonio-rudiger-play-part-kai-havetz-pursuit/

Untitled-design-2020-06-11T191236.042.jpg

Chelsea confirmed the summer arrival of Timo Werner from RB Leipzig last week, and that doesn’t look to be the end to the spending.

They are also interested in signing Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz, as per multiple reports including a recent one from reliable Belgian outlet HLN yesterday.

Chelsea centre back Antonio Rudiger plays in the same Germany side as both of these players, and he revealed to the Chelsea website yesterday that he ‘did his bit and what he had to do’ in helping get Werner to sign for Chelsea.

Of course Blues fans will naturally now be hoping that he can once again do his bit and what he has to do, in order to convince Havertz to make the same move.

I am sure Rudiger would have already been in touch with Havertz after all these rumours circulating, trying to do his bit.

But ultimately of course, it is down to the two clubs involved.

If it's true we are in talks I can only see this happening, it seems the club are willing to spend, and spend big. But the biggest pull in all of this has to Rudiger, especially what he said about tempting Werner here.

Rudiger and Werner could actually get this pulled right towards us, I think we might get this fella ya know.

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sounds legit. A washed-up semi-pro at Reading with no connections to Havertz, Leverkusen or even German football would be the first you call when you have some undisclosed transfer news.

If you can't trust Charlie Adam who can you trust?

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

are all out

should be a good game

Yeah, but aren't Galdbach a bit like Spurs in that they are known as bottling big games? Maybe one of the German posters could help support as I have read this once but do not follow German football enough. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, but aren't Galdbach a bit like Spurs in that they are known as bottling big games? Maybe one of the German posters could help support as I have read this once but do not follow German football enough. 

Bayer are too though