Kai Havertz

Blues11

Has he posted them on Twitter before? Thought he only mentioned those in the media.
I could be wrong. And if I'm brutally honest i dont care to check. But I'm sure he was a mouthy so and so at lille and made some silly comments on social media.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If I'm honest, I'm starting to see saw on this signing. His left foot is magical but i dont think hes actually that good outside the final third?

Has anyone watched more than a few matches of him? When owen Hargreaves described him as a mix between ballack and ozil I can definitely see it. Not quite as good as ozil's passing but certainly it's his passing that seems to be how he is creative.

The reason I'm hesitant is because we have loftus cheek. Who I'd say is better deeper in the pitch. Faster, and a better dribble of I'd argue.

I guess it's because our formation is up in the air. I'd have no problem of havertz has CF or false 9. May even bring out the best or Werner.

I have a sneaky feeling RLC is ready. Next season he may have a monstrous time scoring goals, especially with ziyech, Werner and Pulisic around him.

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

While I think Havertz and the likes are great, Id actualy prefer to see Mount, RLC and others develop. 

They have enough potential to make us a top top club but just more patience and time.

Problem with RLC is that he is nearly 25 and has been incredibly injury prone and hasn't developed his work off the ball. I am not saying we should get rid but for me he will always be one of those players that will only be at his best in open games and will never get a full season in. 

Problem with RLC is that he is nearly 25 and has been incredibly injury prone and hasn't developed his work off the ball. I am not saying we should get rid but for me he will always be one of those players that will only be at his best in open games and will never get a full season in. 
Havertz does not have world class defending skills either.He is not even that physical.

I want him as a CF. 5 Matches and 7 goals and 1 assist as a CF. As an offensive midfielder, Havertz has scored 3 goals and 2 assists in 15 Matches in current Bundesliga season. RLC has scored 6 goals and 2 assists and played 300 minutes less minutes last season in PL than Havertz as a OM this season.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Isnt there like 7 games left this season?

I think that's enough time to see where RLC currently is. I thinks hes gonna come in and look great. Adding goals and assists to his game last season cleared up which position sits him. Attacking mid, centre or left mostly. He can improve his off ball work rate buts it's not as crucial as when he was playing cm

Havertz does not have world class defending skills either.He is not even that physical.

I want him as a CF. 5 Matches and 7 goals and 1 assist as a CF. As an offensive midfielder, Havertz has scored 3 goals and 2 assists in 15 Matches in current Bundesliga season. RLC has scored 6 goals and 2 assists and played 300 minutes less minutes last season in PL than Havertz as a OM this season.

My opinions on havertz are useless because of how little I've seen him, but from what I have he does look pretty poor off the ball (when the team has to defend).

Theres been times where I've watched from and thought RLC is clearly the better dribbler when hes carrying the ball up the pitch (not necessarily in tight space though) and is actually clearly the better athlete (but then havertz is only 20). I think RLC is the better tackler as well.

So I'd love to hear your opinion on if you agree at all.

I get the impression Havertz is a great finisher, with both feet. And has the technique and vision to make good passes. Not had at dribbling but not his main asset. And his skillset makes him a great CF/false 9.

My opinions on havertz are useless because of how little I've seen him, but from what I have he does look pretty poor off the ball (when the team has to defend).

Theres been times where I've watched from and thought RLC is clearly the better dribbler when hes carrying the ball up the pitch (not necessarily in tight space though) and is actually clearly the better athlete (but then havertz is only 20). I think RLC is the better tackler as well.

So I'd love to hear your opinion on if you agree at all.

I get the impression Havertz is a great finisher, with both feet. And has the technique and vision to make good passes. Not had at dribbling but not his main asset. And his skillset makes him a great CF/false 9.

I actually agree with you. I think that his dribbling qualities are actually amazing, but I think that RLC is a more efficient dribbler than Havertz.

Havertz is very inconsistent as a midfielder and one reason is his lack of Defensive qualities. He may be tall but he is not anywhere close to RLC physicality. There is a reason why Havertz best performances came from CF and right winger. He can focus more on his strenghts and in my opinion, we should go for him if we want a false 9. I would not buy him as a OM because fully fit RLC is as good and Kovacic is currently World class and is better overall than Havertz right now as a midfielder.

I actually agree with you. I think that his dribbling qualities are actually amazing, but I think that RLC is a more efficient dribbler than Havertz.

Havertz is very inconsistent as a midfielder and one reason is his lack of Defensive qualities. He may be tall but he is not anywhere close to RLC physicality. There is a reason why Havertz best performances came from CF and right winger. He can focus more on his strenghts and in my opinion, we should go for him if we want a false 9. I would not buy him as a OM because fully fit RLC is as good and Kovacic is currently World class and is better overall than Havertz right now as a midfielder.

I can imagine him playing a false would allow Werner to make runs from wide into the space Havertz has left as moves around wide/deep.

Werner would essentially take up the same positions David villa did for Barcelona. Kind of like Anelka for us - a wide striker - but with a false 9 Werner would have more space in the middle to move into than anelka had when drogba was our central striker

40 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I agree. Tbh if RLC comes back as good as he used to be last season with his halved calf not hindering his progress then we don’t really need Havertz As midfielder. But we can not really take that chance. Especially given we are quite short at forward options, Havertz could well play any of those including leading the line and filling ina winger when Puli and CHO Cho inevitably pick up injuries.

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

It not so much the defending as I accept he is a No.8 and not a No.6. However, RLC also doesn't make runs off the ball and doesn't track runners. Tbf, I have not actually seen Harvetz in real life so he may also have these issues but I have seen RLC in the flesh play most of his games as I have a ST and do a lot of away games. Honestly, he is a very lazy player off the ball as he only lightly jogs about and always wants the ball to feet. 

This issue with him has also been mentioned by both Conte and Jose which I think is the real reason why he didn't get more game time from them even though he was on paper is he physically a perfect fit for want they look for in a CM. The only possible way I see him resolving this issue is if the reason he has played in such a manner is due to his back and now he has lost a lot of weight, he may be able to do more. 

Personally, I like him but I am also realistic about his actual fitness history and what I have seen with my own eyes. 

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

While I think Havertz and the likes are great, Id actualy prefer to see Mount, RLC and others develop. 

They have enough potential to make us a top top club but just more patience and time.

Havertz will be a CF if we get him.