6. Thiago Silva

Jase

On 20/07/2021 at 06:46, robsblubot said:

He was not at fault for the goal, but I've been noticing a couple of things in his game. Just a tad slower and sloppier on the ball.
Dunno, but I suspect it's his last season at this level and even that would be pushing it.

I cannot see him being here beyond the coming season. Maybe to Jan 2022 at a push. 

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

I cannot see him being here beyond the coming season. Maybe to Jan 2022 at a push. 

Pretty sure after this season he will go to some club in Brazil and then retire after the World Cup. 

Marquinhos is a potential replacement for T Silva next year. He is still 27 and is a level better than Varane, Sule, Kounde who are supposedly on our list of CBs. Slim chance with a contract till 2024 but hoping Tuchel in-charge swings him here.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

With zero minutes this season not ideal situation to forbid him to play for NT. Especially when we know how much he cares for NT.

There is a lot of misinformation on this going round as if the clubs have enforced this. 

It is not as if we are the only club and the likelihood is it is not exactly the clubs who pushed it either but I would imagine they are also very happy with this as the club v international football has always been a problem.

Its more to do with the FA, PL and the government not wanting exemptions for footballers travelling to and from countries on the red list as opposed to the clubs pushing it, preventing the risk of COVID outbreaks. 

For instance, Mo Salah cannot join up with Egypt next month. Plenty others who play for Brazil will also not be going ie Alisson, Ederson, Fabinho, Fred, Richarlison, Firmino etc. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2231483/?sf248863027=1

21 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd set to be BANNED from playing Brazil stars in Premier League after World Cup travel ban

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/3577325/premier-league-brazil-travel-ban/

this is fucked up

Thiago Silva will miss the first CL match

Edited by Vesper

• 2 weeks later...

I'd take it. Chris is starting at the moment ahead of him. 

Btw Brazil is playing next morning so even if he was with national team he would not be able to play Villa game. 

But Liverpool and City are losing many starters so all good.