6. Thiago Silva

Jase

It's also unfair, and frankly, stupid. Reminds me of Gisele Bundchen on Welker comments - and I think Gisele was less wrong then.

It's like saying my husband did his part, but the other guy did not. This would be a slightly more valid point if we were talking American Football and only offense, defense, and special teams.

Maybe Thiago's passing wasn't as good as it should've been and that's the reason we could not get the ball quicker to the pacey attackers. It was Rudiger who actually found Pulisic. Maybe heavy and slower strikers wouldn't have touched the football in that game. It's all so relative.

Irrelevant really, but fact is that the players she criticizes did score a goal away from home against the toughest opposition. Not to mention that the defense also conceded (again if you see areas as separate teams 🙄), so not sure what she's complaining about.

I definitely agree with @Mário César (I speak Portuguese) above and I'm sure the club will have a talk with Thiago about the incident.

Some people simply don't get social media at all.

Edited by robsblubot

23 hours ago, robsblubot said:

It's also unfair, and frankly, stupid. Reminds me of Gisele Bundchen on Welker comments - and I think Gisele was less wrong then.

It's like saying my husband did his part, but the other guy did not. This would be a slightly more valid point if we were talking American Football and only offense, defense, and special teams.

Maybe Thiago's passing wasn't as good as it should've been and that's the reason we could not get the ball quicker to the pacey attackers. It was Rudiger who actually found Pulisic. Maybe heavy and slower strikers wouldn't have touched the football in that game. It's all so relative.

Irrelevant really, but fact is that the players she criticizes did score a goal away from home against the toughest opposition. Not to mention that the defense also conceded (again if you see areas as separate teams 🙄), so not sure what she's complaining about.

I definitely agree with @Mário César (I speak Portuguese) above and I'm sure the club will have a talk with Thiago about the incident.

Some people simply don't get social media at all.

It's absurd. These guys are in the business for more than a decade, you would think they got their PR downpat. Being a full time celebrity partner probably causes deteriorating life skills.

8 hours ago, Jas said:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/thiago-silvas-wife-lauds-werner-for-scoring-against-real/1ivz8v4isdh6410f2kit0ti8rz

Werner revealed that Silva had apologized to him after the initial comment by his wife. Sounds pretty cool with the whole thing.

Werner is used to being insulted by thousands German football "fans" way worse than this. This will not faze him at all.

Thiago Silva's wife gives direct update on defender's Chelsea future

The Chelsea defender is set to become a free agent at the end of the season, after agreeing a one-year deal with the Londoners last simmer

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-news-thiago-silva-contract-24089744

Thiago Silva’s wife, Isabelle has confirmed that the Brazilian hopes to extend his Chelsea stay beyond the end of this season.

The 36-year-old was signed to a on-year contract by Thomas Tuchel’s predecessor Frank Lampard last summer.

And despite his advancing years, he has hugely impressed, making 29 appearances across all competitions.

After recovering from a thigh injury, Silva has come back into the line-up in recent weeks, starting both ties of the Blues’ Champions League semi-final victory over Real Madrid.

Chelsea have enjoyed a staggering defensive record since Tuchel replaced Lampard back in January, keeping 18 clean sheets in just 25 matches.

Isabelle da Silva hinted that if her husband had the choice, he will be staying with Chelsea

Convinced he will do a decent job until the end of next season and we can manage his gametime by splitting it with Christensen and getting him ready to take over full time when Silva eventually leaves.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Only the fifth player to play in the final in consecutive seasons with different teams.

Who are the others? Of the top of my head I can only think of Samuel Eto'o for Barca and Inter in 2009 and 2010.

50 minutes ago, Jype said:

Who are the others? Of the top of my head I can only think of Samuel Eto'o for Barca and Inter in 2009 and 2010.

Yeah Eto and Marcel Desailly (1993 Marseille, 1994 Milan), Paulo Sousa (1996 Juventus, 1997 Borussia Dortmund),  and Morata (2014 Real Madrid, 2015 Juventus).