Followers 4

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i am so smart.

Drogba could do it all. Play on the wing, operate in tight spaces, be an aerial threat, hit long shots. Win free kicks (sneakily) He is the kind of intelligent, not to mention ruthless, player we

Per the interview, it seems more so that he just wasn't interested in playing that style of football and preferred playing in a more technical league but over the last few years (I guess he means duri

Revealed: When Thiago Silva's New Chelsea Contract Is Expected to Be Announced

https://www.si.com/soccer/Chelsea/news/thiago-silva-set-to-pen-new-Chelsea-deal-in-june

E2u7jdNXIAA3NBi

Thiago Silva's new one-year contract extension at Chelsea is expected to be announced later this month.

The 36-year-old signed on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain last summer on an initial one-year-deal, but both parties had the option for a further year. 

Silva has had a stellar season at the back for the Blues, originally brought in by Frank Lampard, and finishing the season with Thomas Tuchel who he worked with at PSG last season. 

His debut season in England was capped off with Champions League glory in Porto. Although he was forced off through injury, his side pulled through and secured a 1-0 victory to ensure Silva wasn't left heartbroken again after the defeat to Bayern Munich in the 2019/20 final. 

Now the season has come to a close, Chelsea and Silva can work on a new deal and reports in Brazil from UOL reveal that the announcement is expected to be made by the end of June.

READ MORE: The Seven Players Chelsea Will Listen to Offers for This Summer

READ MORE: The Five Chelsea Players Thomas Tuchel Will Look at in Pre-Season to Consider First-Team Promotion 

They also claim that Chelsea are 'likely to renew it for an even longer period’ as Silva is set to turn 37 in September.

Silva's priority is recovering from his groin injury which is why the deal is expected to be confirmed by the end of June. 

Fabrizio Romano has also stated that a deal for Silva's extension is extremely close to being announced. 

Chelsea are also set to open talks with Antonio Rudiger over a new deal, while Andreas Christensen has also reportedly been offered a new deal to extend his stay in west London.

Glad it's turned out the way it has for him, absolutely fabulous player.

How wrong was I when I said I didn't want him too old, past it etc.

Glad to say he made me eat my words.👏

• Like 3
7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yup same here, I thought there is no way a 36 year old defender could actually thrive in EPL knowing he has never sat foot in EPL. Man if he was just 5 years younger.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

his wife on social media is an added bonus

she is a master troll of the other English clubs, especially spuds, lolol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

his wife on social media is an added bonus

she is a master troll of the other English clubs, especially spuds, lolol

She also trolls our players lol. 

But I like her too. I hope Silva retires at Chelsea and he becomes a defense coach for us under Tuchel

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

She also trolls our players lol. 

But I like her too. I hope Silva retires at Chelsea and he becomes a defense coach for us under Tuchel

he is going to go play his last season or 2 at Fluminense

Presidente do Fluminense crava volta de Thiago Silva para encerrar  carreira, mas faz apelo: "Venha ano que vem" | fluminense | geSonho da torcida do Fluminense, Thiago Silva diz em live: "Tenho objetivos  para cumprir na Europa" | fluminense | ge

Edited by Vesper
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Captaining Brazil in the Copa semi 🇧🇷

Silva might need the longest of summer breaks out of all of our players.

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Silva might need the longest of summer breaks out of all of our players.

Definitely - soak those legs in a hot bath. Shows how hes rated internationally as well as by us

Brazil in the final. Again Paqueta match winner. If Argentina win tomorrow Copa America final will be bigger historically than EURO final.

BRA and ARG = 7 WC titles. Italy 4, England 1, Spain 1...

Silva class as ever and hit a couple David luiz long balls for good measure against Peru.

lucas paqueta is turning into a very interesting player. Prob attainable @ Lyon.

If Silva wins the Copa America tonight, are there gonna be any calls for him to win the Ballon d'Or? 😆

3 hours ago, Jas said:

If Silva wins the Copa America tonight, are there gonna be any calls for him to win the Ballon d'Or? 😆

lololol

I may be wrong

but IF Brasil wins tonight and then wins the World Cup next year

Neymar will only be a case of the mumps (he missed the 2015 UEFA Super Cup when Barca won, because of the mumps)  and the Campeonato Brasileiro (he did win the Campeonato Paulista) away

from being the first player in history to win EVERY major trophy on TWO continents for club and country that are possible

he has won all in Europe except the Supercup (his team did win), including EVERY domestic trophy possible for both Barca and PSG, both domestic super cups, and all 3 domestics cups (now only 2 are left, as France shut down the minor league cup after he won it for the last time), plus league titles for both

he won the CL and the FWCC with Barca

he won the Campeonato Paulista, the Copa do Brasil, the Copa Libertadores, plus the Recopa Sudamericana (like the Super Cup for South America) with Santos

and he will have won Confederations Cup, the Olympic Gold, the Copa America and the WC with Brasil

that is crazy (and I so wager he goes back and take a stab at the Campeonato Brasileiro, but the UEFA Super Cup will be a bitch to get now, unless PSG win the CL OR he moves to another team towards the end of his euro career and they win it)