6. Thiago Silva

Jase

Just now, killer1257 said:

Terry could not even play high line defense. His ball playing abilities are nowhere near Silva's

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

What does ball playing ability gotta do with whether one can play in a high line or not? :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Great at 36, Lampard just admitted he was really struggling playing at the same age

As awful as it must have been for him at the time i think his illness and as a consequence late career start is working in his favor now as he doesn't have the miles on the clock an average 36 y/o has.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As awful as it must have been for him at the time i think his illness and as a consequence late career start is working in his favor now as he doesn't have the miles on the clock an average 36 y/o has.

Either that or he's having a sniff of Maradona powder 10 minutes before kick off :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

lol Terry was an underrated ball playing defender. 

I remember how Terry used to pick out runners like Cole with that sweet long pass from his 'weaker' left foot.

Lot of people forget Terry started out as a midfielder.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Unbelievable player, i pray he can be a CB version of Zlatan and last till 40. 

Yeah, would be good.

Hopefully Chelsea and Lamps look into it. Silva hinted at staying on next season

I think after the next international tournament, all his focus will be on club football. Unless he cares for Qatar 2022

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah, would be good.

Hopefully Chelsea and Lamps look into it. Silva hinted at staying on next season

I think after the next international tournament, all his focus will be on club football. Unless he cares for Qatar 2022

Qatar 2022 is his big motivation so hopefully we'll have him at this version till then minimum.

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I remember how Terry used to pick out runners like Cole with that sweet long pass from his 'weaker' left foot.

Lot of people forget Terry started out as a midfielder.

Seems to be a common thing for fans these days to underrate our ex players all of a sudden. Another one is Lampard, who people think he didn't have a good passing ability and range. :doh: 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Seems to be a common thing for fans these days to underrate our ex players all of a sudden. Another one is Lampard, who people think he doesn't have a good passing ability and range. :doh: 

My personal favorite was Drogs was nothing more than a battering ram (apparently) :lol: 

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Drogba could do it all. Play on the wing, operate in tight spaces, be an aerial threat, hit long shots. Win free kicks (sneakily)

He is the kind of intelligent, not to mention ruthless, player we've been missing up front ever since he left. We've had plenty of great attacking talent since, but never one with that attitude.

Hazard, Drogba and Pedro in their primes together would have been quite something.

47 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not just that.

Its the criticism these guys got who were undoubtedly top/very good players for years on end and maybe had the odd poor period when they started slowing down although people clearly thought they could be a top player all their career and never slow down (or at least hold them to that standard). Guys like Malouda, Ivanovic, Cahill (he is in there for me what he did for us for a £7m player from Bolton was excellent), as well as the obvious ones such as Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Cole, Cech throughout their spells here. Even then others, who werent as good but still decent players like Mikel and Kalou, guys who weren’t ever gonna be on the same level or even half the level as some of these others guys but guys who were good servants and solid players who gave a lot, instantly dismissed and undervalued, despite respectable numbers of trophies and the big big matches they started in. What some of these guys did will never be beaten. 

Re Drogba: I dont think people will ever understand how good Drogba was though, like he is a PL all time great. Obviously football has moved on from his style of CF but if you didnt get to see him on the flesh or at the time on sky etc when he played youll never appreciate him as a player. 

Cahill and Azpi, two insanely good cheap buys. Both were beasts for years. Azpi had a crazy good game tonight defensively.

Malouda is so massively underrated as well. 80 caps for France, close to 800 games total for club and country, scored in a WC, was league player of the year for Lyon, and had over 250 goals/assists produced all comps (30 total, 15 and 15 in 2009/10 all comps). 13 trophies, including 5 league titles, 3 FA Cups, and a CL (should have been 2 grr, 2008, sob).

That's a pretty damn good career in my book.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Malouda is so massively underrated as well. 80 caps for France, close to 800 games total for club and country, scored in a WC, was league player of the year for Lyon, and had over 250 goals/assists produced all comps (30 total, 15 and 15 in 2009/10 all comps). 13 trophies, including 5 league titles, 3 FA Cups, and a CL (should have been 2 grr, 2008, sob).

Malouda was a strange one to say the least. He was only really good for 1.5 seasons after Hiddink replaced Scolari and in Ancelotti's first season. Otherwise, he was just underwhelming. 

• 1 month later...