21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

It sounds like Lampard is the one who is playing FM more than us, everyone with two eyes can tell he isn't so good, we've been here before with Drinkwater and Bakayoko. Hope I'm wrong though.
Hes not drinkwater level lol. Hes a defensive liability in my eyes, I think hes about as good as alonso defensively. In fact, when we are sitting deep and there's little space to get burnt in race, Alonso is pretty decent even against the top 6. Chilwell Will improve on alonso where the game is stretched, hes quite the athlete.

His speed Will help with stopping counter attacks and hes a better dribbler. Its the consistent day dreaming to look out for

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Remember, even the very best fullbacks in world football look shaky at times against great attackers. That's just a fact of modern football. Robertson, TAA, Kyle Walker. All can be got at defensively. Look at that CL semi between Bayern and Barca. Some of the world's best fullbacks on display and both teams were wide fucking open in the wide defensive areas.

So any opposition fans saying Chilwell is a joke defensively can pipe down. He's average defensively just like every class fullback.

It's not defensively i'm really worried about him, as you say very few FB's are rock solid these days it's more going forward, he often lacks the aggression, movement and quality decision making you see from the likes Robertson, Telles, Grimaldo, pre injury Mendy or even Tierney.

Remember, even the very best fullbacks in world football look shaky at times against great attackers. That's just a fact of modern football. Robertson, TAA, Kyle Walker. All can be got at defensively. Look at that CL semi between Bayern and Barca. Some of the world's best fullbacks on display and both teams were wide fucking open in the wide defensive areas.
So any opposition fans saying Chilwell is a joke defensively can pipe down. He's average defensively just like every class fullback.
Makes me proud of Azpi

Excellent price, the only concern is how fast he will be back in form following his injury. 

There is nothing indicating that Reguilon, Tagliafico, Gosens or Telles would have been a better signing. Furthermore, the board is never going to spend 50m+ on a player just because Frank fancies him, there is certainly a lot more belief in the player than from one person. 

We should be happy to be honest. The worst outcome is when you have a coach with a specific idea of how to play, but then go and buy players who don't necessarily fit (Gosens or Tagliafico for example). 50m is also not a fortune in this day and age for an English national player who also has a long contract at a rival team. 

Much better than a window where we don't at least try to address our problems.
Big sign that the club is backing FL (if these are his guys which it would appear so at least in part).

Going forward is gonna be exciting. May take a few years off your life defensively but damn we will have some exciting games next season (hopefully)

Much better than a window where we don't at least try to address our problems.
Big sign that the club is backing FL (if these are his guys which it would appear so at least in part).

Going forward is gonna be exciting. May take a few years off your life defensively but damn we will have some exciting games next season (hopefully)
Definitely looks like it will be hell raising at both ends

46 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Not sure of what to make of this.

While he won't fix problems in defense, he will most certainly improve it in other ways.

It would be almost like us having Marcel Desaiily back in the 2000's, when he had strong influence on the growth of JT as a defender. Could really help out some of our younger defenders, in terms of mentality.

The question is,...is that what Frank really wants for next season?

We don't have much of a choice, do we? There is no market for a CB right now and even Rice, Lampard's no.1 target, will cost a fortune. We don't have a bottomless pit of cash. 

"Chelsea are paying an initial £50 million, with further money believed to be due on installments."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/21/chelsea-close-signing-ben-chilwell-leicester-city-50m-deal/
More horrible news [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]. I hate Leicester now. They are ripping off other English clubs with with their average English players

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk