• Batshuayi
    • James
    • Azpilicueta
    • Tomori
    • Cumming
    • Emerson
    • Gilmour

7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

I feel judging a player's season successful or not should have such parameters counted for. But something like a POTY, needs to be absolute, imo. The award needs to go to who has performed the best for the club irrespective of age, vintage etc etc. But again, very subjected and obviously everyone will have a different opinion and no one is to say the other is wrong.

Well, knowing his potential, and seeing what he does do on the pitch, I would say those performances were average. Look at the difference between puli before restart and post restart. I feel a difference in class. 

Yes, there was a difference but that does not mean the performances pre-restart were average. Pulisic just happened to take his game up to another level, as Lampard mentioned it before.

7 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Mount did have a couple of such games, but don't think kova had any of such games. Definitely none where he was hooked off. None which I would say would be lesser than a 6/10

The performances might not have been bad but doesn't mean Kovacic haven't had any average ones either. Plus, if Kovacic was really good, he would have played more than he did in the second half of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, there was a difference but that does not mean the performances pre-restart were average. Pulisic just happened to take his game up to another level, as Lampard mentioned it before.

The performances might not have been bad but doesn't mean Kovacic haven't had any average ones either. Plus, if Kovacic was really good, he would have played more than he did in the second half of the season. 

You can be good for a game and still get dropped for the bigger picture. With no real goalscorer, I can understand going with 2 no8s at the time, which unfortunately meant that kova got the boot. And obviously I do agree he might have had average days, but still more consistent than the rest. 

Speaking of POTY the great journalist Simon Phillips of The Sun gave 8 to Zouma and James :lol:

More than he gave to Pulisic, Giroud and Azpi... 

Kovacic as POTY is ok for me but I would give him 7.5. He gave him 9 lol That is Hazard from last year tbh. What a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 1:04 PM, whats happening said:

when will this be announced? next week?

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/landing-pages/misc/annual-awards?cid=goaloftheseason

Fans can vote on official site.

Kova won here, Pulisic on WAGNH so surely it will be one of them I guess.

For me it was Mount.

Maybe not the best individual, but the development he made was fantastic. Gone from no games to being regular was crazy. Tammy, Tomori eventualy got rotated, but Mount was there almost always whenever fit. 

His attitude is top too. Gives 100% on any position he is demanded to play and works hard for the team. 

Seeing James, RLC, Odoi in games where they just walk around in casual mood, then there is Mount fighting for every ball. 

He played so many games, proved to be key in plenty, especialy in first half of the season when we were still wondering how we will replace Hazard; and played best football this season.

So yeah, my vote goes to him.

If Pulisic played more games at the level he played, he would edge it. Kovacic despite being very reliable didnt realy amaze me. He is crazy talented, but he doesnt demonstrate it often enough. He could be fantastic ball carrier and playmaker, once he gets to that level, I will put him at the top. Until then, no. He was expected to perform great given his talent and abilities and while he performed well, he has much more to show.