• Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would be amazed if City manage to entirely overturn the ban. Like others have said, it would leave UEFA too open for legal battles left, right and centre over what they have imposed on other clubs in the last few years.

Unless City can prove absolutely no wrongdoing whatsoever, and that just seems extremely unlikely to me.

Regardless of this, we still have a job to do. Sheffield United suddenly becomes a much harder game after they've turned over Spurs and Wolves in consecutive games. They have a real good chance of European football next season.

I think it will come down to whether FFP is actually legal. For that reason I think they may have a chance of overturning it. FFP is essentially a cartel system set up by the biggest clubs and is contrary to EU law. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Fuck it...

IF we beat Sheffield United and Man City's European ban sticks (decision TBA on July 13, Mon), 1 win against either Norwich, Liverpool or Wolves will guarantee a Champions League spot. If that ban gets overturned, then EEEEEEEEKK!

1 point as good as.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Making sure of it on points is better than on goal difference. Do not want to risk anything stupid. 

Definitely. We only have that advantage of better goal difference over Sheffield and Wolves. The rest..far off

Like I said yesterday, I'd go with Zouma and Rüdiger. I'm going to cringe every time a cross goes in with AC's soft ass in there. They are a physical, in your face side. Chris Wilder will have his team extremely well prepared on our weaknesses.

We need our most physical players for this one. It'll be a battle. Hopefully their exertions today against Wolves will take a bit out of them.

Nahh mate, Barkley is atm better than RLC, as crazy as it sounds. RLC is not there yet. Should be Jorgo Mount and Kova if he is fit, if not then Kante.
Bro, have you seen RLCs pass to Tammy? Barkley can't play those passes

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Bro, have you seen RLCs pass to Tammy? Barkley can't play those passes

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

One pass does not negate the rest my man, RLC aint up to speeds yet imo and its evident when he plays. I just hope all those injuries havent wrecked him. Ross can do quality passes too, his pass to Pedro vs Everton was sublime.

We can score goals. I am more afraid about the defensive line. If we score 2 away but conceded 3, we are left with no points. And we need to bag three points from that game against Sheffield Utd to increase our chances to qualify for CL. And it will in turn facilitate our transfer market to lure new highly talented players at the best price. Having said that, we should keep a fine balance between experienced players and young talents. We won't be competitive in the short term with a team of 24 years old or less players. Therefore, I won't be against Willian staying with us for 1/2 additional years and buying a 28/30+ very experienced central defender or left back.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

How lovely...

Yeah, this is going to be a real problem for us. I have watched their last two games and they were causing Wolves and Burnley trouble in the air. God knows what they are going to do to us. For that reason, I would go with the team that is the biggest/strongest. My team would be as follows: 

Kepa

Dave.         Rudi.          Zouma.        Alonso

Jorgi

Kante/Barkley.         Mount

Willian.                 Giroud.                       Puli

For me Alonso needs to come in for James. I am not someone that thinks James has been that bad but at the moment he isn't producing anything over Alonso and we can do with Alonso for set pieces. As for Gilmour, again I thought against Palace he was ok, maybe a little naive, but not bad like some made out. However, in this game we need to keep the ball away from them in the final 1/3rd and Jorgi is our best passer. As for Willian, he has to start for me as unlike CHO he is very good at keeping possession. Sure, he only will score a penalty but in this game turn overs will be crucial so he has to play for me. As for AC, I do rate him as our best CB as he actually knows how to read the game and is always in position, however for this one we need the players that get their head to the ball best, so that is Rudi and Zouma for me. 

That's the beauty of having such a huge squad. Two midfielders out would fuck most teams. We still have another 5.

Imagine Utd would get injuries to Fernandes and Pogba they could kiss a CL place goodbye.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Great but Frank only started Kante and Billy deeper after the break. I just hope he dont go with Kova there instead of Jorginho. That would be a statement...