Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Had a bad game..happens to the best.

And I just can't see how is he responsible for the first goal? :blink:

Well, football. You have to see a lot of things, not only one player that made a wrong pass, or lost the ball.

Just watch the first goal and see where Mikel was, and ask me where he was supposed to be. Just see what he was doing, and ask me what he was supposed to do.

Hazard, Lampard and even Oscar tried to prevent Vidal from getting the ball or scoring the goal, while Mikel was walking and watching what was happening. Huge mistake from a DM that has a "tactical" role.

The truth is: since Mikel became our mais DM, we are no longer as solid in the defense as we where. I dont tell me we were strong against Barcelona and Bayern, because in those games we defended with 11 players.

Chelsea bring in police over racist Twitter abuse of Mikel John Obi

A statement read: "We've been made aware of racist tweets targeted at Mikel which are totally unacceptable, disgusting and abhorrent. We've informed the police and support taking the strongest possible action."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/20/mikel-john-obi-racist-twitter-abuse

I think it probably was a coincidence that he closed his account without knowing about the racial abuse but he definitely closed his account after the game because he knew he was going to get abuse. The media is trying to frame this as he read the racist tweets then he closed the account. I was told that people were launching racial and homophobic abuse left right and center and it was constant.

First of all i hope the Police get these idiots, no need for that type of abuse and talk about short memories - the guy was instrumental in bringing home that trophy with the big ears!

This new system will not suit Mikel or Lampard, it worked with them towards the end of last season because our style and formation was set up to be defensive, Frank was disciplined in that role but his natural game is to get forward and support the attackers, you simply cannot cage a bird for long and RDM needs to use him differently so he can get forward and let other players cover him when he plays.

As for Mikel, the new set up will and has exposed his weaknesses already - we need our deep lying players to get the ball moving quickly and forward incisively (any of you see Alan Shearers analysis on motd of Liverpool's performance against Sunderland were he highlighted the importance of Gerrard moving the ball this way as opposed to their others DM recently will know exactly what i am alluding to and my point about Ballack a while back in that role were he was magnificent) Mikel takes 2 touches as opposed to 1 or 3 when it could be 2 and just slows everything down, pace is not essential in this role but the way we are setting up now i think we need quicker players there that are also aware of whats going on around them.

I've said it before and i will say it again, if Mikel plays regularly we will have no chance of winning the league and will struggle for 4th place at best, However like Frank i would like to see him used for certain opposition and this weeks game against Stoke i would have Mikel first on the team sheet.

I think it probably was a coincidence that he closed his account without knowing about the racial abuse but he definitely closed his account after the game because he knew he was going to get abuse. The media is trying to frame this as he read the racist tweets then he closed the account. I was told that people were launching racial and homophobic abuse left right and center and it was constant.

TBH he might have saw it because the idiots on twitter had already started to racially abuse him before the match was even over.

Chiellini is in his prime, John Terry is getting old.

I'll tell you why his performance yesterday had no correlation to being past his prime or getting on in years. The kind of lapses in his play betrayed a lack of understanding of his role and a lack of co-ordination with his teammates. That's got nothing to do with pace or age, just concentration, composure and intelligence. These were errors that would be expected from some wet-behind-the-ears greenhorn like Kalas or Chalobah, not someone as experienced as Terry.

The huge interception stat only shows how badly he understood his role. He is meant to be the destroyer/ball winner but is trying to play multiple roles

What utter donkey bollocks.

I'll tell you why his performance yesterday had no correlation to being past his prime or getting on in years. The kind of lapses in his play betrayed a lack of understanding of his role and a lack of co-ordination with his teammates. That's got nothing to do with pace or age, just concentration, composure and intelligence. These were errors that would be expected from some wet-behind-the-ears greenhorn like Kalas or Chalobah, not someone as experienced as Terry.

What utter donkey bollocks.

Oh and things are that simple are they?, you always just contain those skills no matter what?. Prime is also like form, you can just do things but all the time, once you start losing more pace you lost a lot of other things because of your confidence and ability to do things. Terry can still lose a lot of things what aren't even physical.