Mikel John Obi

Badboy

From Vital Chelsea

"John Obi is very unhappy."

"He is 100 per cent fit but is being overlooked and is too good a player to be sitting on the bench or, worse, in the stands."

"He can`t understand it as he was one of the first names on Carlo`s team-sheet last season when the team won the Double."

"He needs to play more. He loves Chelsea but he may have to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer if he is no longer a part of Ancelotti`s plans."

Apparently some tabloid mentions a source supposedly close to Mikel, and also refers to a £25 million figure, with United and Real interested.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Seems like a slow news day at the office. But with Ramires in such fine form and Lampard back from injury, Mikel's not going to get too much game time barring injuries/suspension.

Mikel is a great player, but he can't be a starter in our current midfield. Ramires can't be benched obviously, he is in great form. Essien's returning to his old form and you can't play Mikel instead of him.

It is impossible to find a place for him in the team's starting eleven.

Mikel is a great player, but he can't be a starter in our current midfield. Ramires can't be benched obviously, he is in great form. Essien's returning to his old form and you can't play Mikel instead of him.

It is impossible to find a place for him in the team's starting eleven.

Agree. Just shows how much we lack an attacking midfielder...Lamps wouldn't be in this side if we had one.

If we get anything in the region of £30 million I think we should seriously consider selling him. I am a fan of Mikel and I believe he is underrated, but Ancelotti has made it very clear that Essien and Ramires and an out-of-form and not-yet-fully-fit Lampard are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

I will be dissapointed if he EXPECTS to be a first eleven starter at his age. He should earn the oppertunity, in my opion, and i am sure Carlo is going to rotate the midfeild center (Essien starts big game, Mikel starts week before big game or smaller teams, etc.). He is a quality player, but he is also still young. He can be useful in some style of play in order to tactically break down a team, maybe he wil get time from that and then if he exceeds the role given he can gain more playing time. If we sell him though, i wouldn't be too happy if Man Ure were the team he went for, especially with all the shit we went through to get him here and the rivalry we have with them.

Also, IF he leaves, McErhan should be 'promoted' in his place, rather then buying another player. But i do hope that Mikel can wait for the summer to make his final decision rather then to dwell on the fact that he is being sidelined for players that are playing in more form then himself.

same talk as ever :chai:

and for this one thinnking mikel should be sold on 25 Mio, a big LoL :lolwave:

but to be serious I'm a bit afraid of this dilemma, cause carlo has shown he has no faith...

is Mikel currently better than Ramires = No

Lamps? = Yes

than Ess? = Yes

so he has a point if he really thinks about leaving...

He's been so long with us now, I wouldn't like him to leave. Essien and Lampard need some playtime and with Ramires being in great form Mikel can captain our bench along with Drogba :P Still, if we receive a good offer then why not?

but to be serious I'm a bit afraid of this dilemma, cause carlo has shown he has no faith...

is Mikel currently better than Ramires = No

Lamps? = Yes

than Ess? = Yes

Absolutely, however in Ancelotti's defense while Mikel is (currently) generally better than Lampard or Essien, his game offers less to our attacking play in terms of runs and exploiting space, which our team probably needs more than Mikel's passing ability due to all our attackers having a terrible touch.

He plays like shit after the injury

+1'ed the wrong post :doh:

@Kostas,

well this is true but if you've watched us against Kopenhaben the flat 4-4-2 suits mikel superbly, he and Ramires have a great understanding, he didn't make that much runs forward like Essien, but he was caught out of position about 3 times, while Ess seems to be at the wrong side on the field nearly every time, and the runs mikel made forward against copenhagen have been pretty well I must say, was a bit impressed, we could see his offensive qualitiys against inter mailand last year (probably his best game for us so far) and he has hit the post 7 times alon this season, his shooting isn't as bad as ppl want us to belive, he just hasn't got the luck you need to bang this goals in, 5 cm lower or a bit mor to the right and he would've banged 7 goals in this term...

I think Mikel-Lamps and Ramires did the 4-4-2 pretty well against Copenhagen, if he can do this against other teams, why let him rot in the stands?

He's not our biggest attacking thread, yes but he is the most balanced midfielder we have and he has by miles the best passing and tchnique in our midfield alongside Ramires...