• Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

14 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

No reason in pumping any more money into trying to create a stellar front line when we are served that abysmal defence. Put prime Messi and Ronaldo into this line up and nothing would change, Chelsea's current defenders are total garbage.

Soyuncu, Romagnoli and God knows what other towering defenders are out there, all I know from tonight on Chelsea must prioritise the defence otherwise we're going nowhere.

CB heights

Zouma 1.90m

Rudiger  1.90m

AC 1.88m

Tomori 1.84m

Ethan Ampadu   1.82m

Marc Guehi  1.82m

John Terry   1.87m

for comparison VVD 1.93m, Maguire 1.94m,  Aymeric Laporte 1.90m (left-footed), Davinson Sánchez 1.87m, Niklas Süle 1.95m, Clément Lenglet ( left-footed) 1.87m, Samuel Umtiti (left-footed and damaged goods) 1.82m

Lucas Hernández (left-footed) 1.82m

now the targets (linked or my own)

Raphaël Varane  1.91m

Alessio Romagnoli  1.88m   left-footed

José Giménez 1.85m

Matthijs de Ligt  1.89m

Kalidou Koulibaly 1.87m

Marquinhos 1.85m

Milan Skriniar 1.88m

Stefan de Vrij  1.89m

Dayot Upamecano 1.86m

Ibrahima Konaté   1.93m

Ake 1.80m   left-footed

Diego Carlos 1.86m

Declan Rice 1.85m

Luiz Felipe  1.87m

Caglar Söyüncü  1.87m

Dan-Axel Zagadou  1.96m     left-footed

Rúben Dias  1.87m

Ozan Kabak  1.86m

Lukas Klostermann  1.89m

Nico Elvedi   1.89m

Matthias Ginter  1.91m

Merih Demiral 1.90m

Nikola Milenkovic  1.95m

Marash Kumbulla  1.91m

Evan N'Dicka   1.92m left-footed

Edmond Tapsoba   1.92m

Gabriel Magalhães  1.90m   left-footed

Pau Torres   1.91m  left footed

Lewis Dunk  1.92m

Mohammed Salisu  1.91m  left-footed

Alessandro Bastoni  1.90m  left-footed

Gianluca Mancini  1.90m

Éder Militão 1.86m

Presnel Kimpembe  1.83m  left-footed

Abdou Diallo   1.87m  left footed

Thilo Keherer  1.86m

Issa Diop  1.94m

Jonathan Tah   1.95m

Unai Núñez  1.86m

Iñigo Martínez  1.82m  left footed 

Yeray Álvarez   1.82m

Boubacar Kamara  1.84m

Jules Koundé  1.84m

Manuel Akanji  1.87m

Benoît Badiashile   1.94m  left-footed but only 19yo

Strahinja Pavlovic   1.94m  left-footed but only 19yo

Zinho Vanheusden   1.87m

Benjamin Pavard  1.86m

Jean-Clair Todibo   1.90m

Ben White  1.82m

Ben Godfrey  1.83m

Malang Sarr  1.87m  left-footed

Felix Uduokhai  1.92m  left-footed

Jordan Torunarigha  1.91m  left-footed

Moussa Niakhaté   1.90m left-footed

Kevin Akpoguma  1.92m

1 minute ago, Ryebread said:

Pulisic created both goals. Rest of the squad needed step up. Pulisic definitely our MOTM. We need more creative players. That’s all there is to say about CFC at the moment.

It's so dumb how we went from Eden Hazard FC to a more balanced/well rounded team and to Christian Pulisic FC all of a sudden. 

Pulisic has been great and is our best player right now but christ, I so do not want us to become a one-man team again!

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The comments are telling on this tweet.

Also the same people who keep persisting we should sign Havertz etc and think we can get away with the same defensive players for another season. Pathetic. 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's so dumb how we went from Eden Hazard FC to a more balanced/well rounded team and to Christian Pulisic FC all of a sudden. 

Pulisic has been great and is our best player right now but christ, I so do not want us to become a one-man team again!

Well, read my whole post.. the second to last sentence is what you just said.

45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

As expected it started...

Knew that shirt logo was meme worthy. Didn't think it would trigger it on its debut.

All round terrible day.

Wasted a chance to go 3'rd. Conceded 3 goals. Dropped 3 points.

Oh yeah....F*cking 3!!!!  on the shirt.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard's obsession with Kante is becoming unbearable. I can understand the need to play him as the lone defensive midfielder in front of the back 4 against Man City because of our counter attacking game plan. But fucking hell, against teams like Villa and West Ham, playing him there is so useless. It hurts our ability to play out from the back, Kante always takes the safe passing option - sideways and backwards - and it is making my eyes bleed. That in turn also places the onus on Christensen and Rudiger to play attacking passes from the back and just like Kante, they are making my eyes bleed and driving me mad. They are so inconsistent and unadventurous with their passing. Furthermore, it is not like Kante has been 100% perfect in the defensive side of things in this DM role in all of the games so far that you can afford to overlook his lack of attacking capabilities. Not even close. 

The defending tonight throughout the game, be it in open play or in set piece situations was diabolical, and while we can blame the defenders and keeper, I feel like we need to address the biggest elephant in the room here - Lampard. Defending set pieces was already a problem for him at Derby and now it is a problem here again. Why? What is he and the coaches doing in training? Why do we look like conceding in every set piece situation? Plus, I don't know what's the latest numbers now but his sides have conceded far too many goals and kept too little clean sheets. The defenders are shit and the keeper is shit, yes, but I feel like there has been a negligence from Lampard when it comes to defending. He has talked so much about wanting to close the gap on Liverpool and Man City and yet, we continue to look so porous under him. Imagine trying to close the gap on the top two when we are conceding stupid goals every week and have even conceded more than Arsenal this season (ARSENAL!). 

Even dropping Giroud for Tammy. Breaking a winning streak in the PL with Giroud starting

Why TF was Tammy even called to start?!! Its not like he was in hot goal scoring form.

Honestly, this team just isn't equipped to defend consistently for long periods.

Unless we take advantage in front of goal, an accident waiting to happen against teams that just sit back and counter., ala Man Utd.

3 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I scored the two goals.

Wow this is low even from you Willian :lol:

First blaming daughters for emoji and now commenting on TalkChelsea under pseudo name :rolleyes:

I see you joined this Forum in your first season here...

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Even dropping Giroud for Tammy. Breaking a winning streak in the PL with Giroud starting

Giroud didn't do much at all, IMO, against Villa and City. Scored the winner against the former but outside, his contribution has been minimal since the restart. 

Giroud and Abraham have done almost nothing to suggest they would be ahead of Werner in the ST pecking order.