Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Because he offers a lot more than just scoring now. 

Biggest pile of bs I've heard. Can't dribble, can't pass properly and he also cannot finish to save his life.

Why should CHO be benched or moved to RWB after his performance on the left? 

Mount, Havertz and CHO would be such a good trio.

Edited by Azul

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What exactly? Because technically, he does not offer anything either. Currently, he is playing like Morata, just without the technique 

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

Biggest pile of bs I've heard.

He's pretty much become a key clog in our press right now, which has been the basis of how we've managed to control games under Tuchel. I don't think he's done much wrong other than his decision making in the third. He's also our only direct attacker given CHO, Ziyech, and Pulisic like the ball at their feet.  And there again likes the basis of our biggest issue, the latter two not performing. What have Pulisic and ZIyech done to warrant themselves starting over Werner?

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

He's pretty much become a key clog in our press right now, which has been the basis of how we've managed to control games under Tuchel. I don't think he's done much wrong other than his decision making in the third. He's also our only direct attacker given CHO, Ziyech, and Pulisic like the ball at their feet.  And there again likes the basis of our biggest issue, the latter two not performing. What have Pulisic and ZIyech done to warrant themselves starting over Werner?

CHO should start over him after his performance today. He was amazing on the left and could actually take on players and pass properly. He gave an assist to Havertz that got ruled out unfairly. He also created a chance for the 1st goal.

Moreover his pressing is not bad, his off the ball movement is dare I say better than Werner. I'm sorry but you can't provide an objective reason as to why Werner should start over CHO on the left.

Just now, Azul said:

CHO should start over him after his performance today. He was amazing on the left and could actually take on players and pass properly. He gave an assist to Havertz that got ruled out unfairly. He also created a chance for the 1st goal.

Moreover his pressing is not bad, his off the ball movement is dare I say better than Werner. I'm sorry but you can't provide an objective reason as to why Werner should start over CHO on the left.

Werner, Havertz, and CHO was probably the most fluid front three we've seen so far under Tuchel. Ziyech and Pulisic have done nothing to warrant starting over Werner. I'm still against Mount involved in our attack. Tonight was another display why. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Werner, Havertz, and CHO was probably the most fluid front three we've seen so far under Tuchel. Ziyech and Pulisic have done nothing to warrant starting over Werner. I'm still against Mount involved in our attack. Tonight was another display why. 

Werner was barely involved in the first half bro, it was all Havertz and CHO. Werner is much much worse than Mount in the final third, not only that but his ballplaying skills is also inferior. Even though I've criticised Mount's end product this season, it's still better than Werners and I truly believe Mount would work well with CHO and Havertz.

Also what kind of message does it send to the squad when Werner always starts after he misses vital chances and puts in shit performances?

Just now, Azul said:

Werner was barely involved in the first half bro, it was all Havertz and CHO. Werner is much much worse than Mount in the final third, not only that but his ballplaying skills is also inferior. Even though I've criticised Mount's end product this season, it's still better than Werners and I truly believe Mount would work well with CHO and Havertz.

Also what kind of message does it send to the squad when Werner always starts after he misses vital chances and puts in shit performances?

Skeptical about both Mount and Havertz being in an attacking lineup, but it deserves a go. 

He's missing chances but shit performance? Think many of you are forgetting how awful Morata was. As poor as Werner has been in the third, we aren't playing with 10 men with him on the pitch. Tuchel's system is incredibly dependent on ball retention, and Werner + Mount are arguably our best players not named Kante in regards to pressing. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Skeptical about both Mount and Havertz being in an attacking lineup, but it deserves a go. 

He's missing chances but shit performance? Think many of you are forgetting how awful Morata was. As poor as Werner has been in the third, we aren't playing with 10 men with him on the pitch. Tuchel's system is incredibly dependent on ball retention, and Werner + Mount are arguably our best players not named Kante in regards to pressing. 

If you're not involved the whole game and suddenly miss 2-3 vital one-on-one chances then your performance is shit in my eyes. He hasn't done anything significant, and didn't contribute to any chances created.

Mount can contribute to the gegenpressing system as well as CHO, while Havertz is the false 9 and performs like he did today. It honestly is the best front three I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Azul

15 minutes ago, Azul said:

If you're not involved the whole game and suddenly miss 2-3 vital one-on-one chances then your performance is shit in my eyes. He hasn't done anything significant, and didn't contribute to any chances created.

Mount can contribute to the gegenpressing system as well as CHO, while Havertz is the false 9 and performs like he did today. It honestly is the best front three I can think of at the moment.

I don't think there is balance in that attack. All three like the ball at their feet and tonight showed Havertz needs space to have his free role of creator and focal point. Werner and CHO stayed wide and through the channels, Mount will undoubtedly come through the middle. 

I genuinely don't think one or the other can play together in attack, but its worth a punt. 

Tuchel today was furious with Werner. He was shouting at him and it was so funny😂. He once said something like this:"Timo, since when are you playing for us? You have to play on the right side, but the only thing I see is that you've been playing on the left for 15 minutes" 

Edited by killer1257

Starting to become even more worried about him. Really, I don’t think he warrants a place in the team at the moment based on what we have seen the last few games, his general play and finishing is poor. If Abraham, Pulisic and Ziyech were playing better he would be on the bench. 100%. He’s probably lucky they aren’t but it will be interesting to see how he does against Leeds because I think he will likely play that game. I would like to think though Havertz has made Tuchel think he is able to play in one of those roles as well v Leeds as well as the inevitability that Mason Mount will play (and deservedly so as he’s been a hugely consistent performer for us with Tuchel). 

I get Timo offers a threat in behind teams who play a high line but whats the point if he cannot put the ball in the net? He isnt very creative as many have alluded to or exactly the sort of player who looks as if he’s capable of deciding games at the moment. Having 1 PL goal and 1 assist since the turn of the year in a period of which we have played 11 games, is terrible. 

The argument was made of Frank’s tactics, Tuchel has come in and got a huge improvement out of most of the players and yes sometimes in games Werner has shown improvements but its like 1 step forward 2 steps backwards with him. Most games. I doubt hes going to get double figures in the PL this season at the rate hes going, his finishing needs major work. He isnt exactly a kid either, hes 24 years old, you would expect much more composure even more so from someone who got so many goals in Germany.

Finishing/scoring goals isnt even to do with adapting to the league either before someone quotes me and says hes in his first PL season bla bla bla, its no excuse for missing a collection of big chances which you would back your money on Giroud and Abraham scoring as well as most top 10 PL strikers. Wouldn’t go as far as saying sell him as some suggested in the match thread but he has to hugely improve next season or he could find himself sitting on the bench a lot

Edited by OneMoSalah