Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

11. Timo Werner

Jas
Followers 9

53 minutes ago, Kunka21 said:

I dont get why Chelsea fans hate so much him.

I support him .100% he gonna be our legend

I don't see any "hate" for Timo. Far from it! I think lot of fans like him and are willimg him to do well. Those dissing him are just disappointed and frustrated with all these almost comical misses he keeps on making which are hurting the teams efforts.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really taking the piss now 

Werner has never been the most clinical of players. Last season in the Bundesliga he recorded 20 big chances missed, only second to Lewandowski at 24. That said, it comes with the territory. He's

A bit of class by RB Leipzig by posting the 'one step beyond' and now saying "Look after him for us, we will be rooting for Frank's young guns next season" Classy as fuck

Posted Images

hace 17 horas, Kunka21 dijo:

It is first season even Drogba didn't have a great season .

Drofgba still scored goals 10 PL goals in his first season.

He may have underwhelmed but he still put up better numbers. He scored 16 goals in total but lets forget he scored 16 the next season too. He only ever scored mode than 20  twice. 

On 28/04/2021 at 14:13, killer1257 said:

I have watched a lot of Serie A last season and the quality of the league is shambolic. The current state of Serie A is horrible. Defenders can't defend at all and they defend like Bundesliga defenders. Serie A used to be high level 15 years ago when they had Maldini, Canavaro, Nesta etc., but times have changed long time ago. 

Point hammered home tonight!

Quite sad to see a once mighty league being so poor now.

Again, if we want to secure 4th place for the next few years then by all means sign the big lump. But no way in hell should we go anywhere near him if we are thinking seriously about challenging for the title. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Kunka21 said:

It is first season even Drogba didn't have a great season .

But Drogba was never just about scoring goals for us. Great team player and one of the truly great big match players.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, chippy said:

But Drogba was never just about scoring goals for us. Great team player and one of the truly great big match players.

We used to be strongest team on the league back on 2004 don't forget it

Werner gonna be our 🌟 just needs time

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is playing like 19 years old Timo 🤭

The pressure of playing for a big club and being the main man to rely is proving too much for him. 

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

The pressure of playing for a big club and being the main man to rely is proving too much for him. 

It must be that since he puts stats like when he was a teenager. But I also think there is a good chance that he overcomes this and become prolific goalscorer like last season. Give him time. Looks like it is all confidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It must be that since he puts stats like when he was a teenager. But I also think there is a good chance that he overcomes this and become prolific goalscorer like last season. Give him time. Looks like it is all confidence. 

I hope so. There's a player in him for sure..  I do believe we are more of a threat with him in the side from utilising his energy and speed alone. If he had that deadly finishing streak in him of his time imat Leipzig... we would be laughing.

• Like 1

who looks only to stats forgots too many things, I'm worried  about his tecnique more than his statistics .
He could improve his confidence but how about tecnique?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BlueGuy said:

who looks only to stats forgots too many things, I'm worried  about his tecnique more than his statistics .
He could improve his confidence but how about tecnique?

Yes, that's my real worry too. He just looks a tecnically poor player for this level. 

When top strikers are in a slump of form it usually only takes a good game and a goal to get them going again. So far, when Timo has a good game and scores a goal, he goes back to being shite again in the following games, and I have to wonder why.

Yeah not buying the Stuttgart comparison thing. He was 19 there, playing for a team that flirted with relegation and mid table, he is now 25 playing at a huge club whilst also being a German international footballer. He should be much more clinical and used to greater pressure and expectations. He has to have a good season next year. End of story.

On 30/04/2021 at 13:54, DDA said:

I hope so. There's a player in him for sure..  I do believe we are more of a threat with him in the side from utilising his energy and speed alone. If he had that deadly finishing streak in him of his time imat Leipzig... we would be laughing.

At this point, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the polarizing views that Werner gets. I mean, fair enough that he gets criticized for the misses. However on one hand, you have people who focus only on the misses and abuse him for it but on the other hand, you have people who look beyond the numbers, who can see the other things that he offers to the team. It's all very amusing.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah not buying the Stuttgart comparison thing. He was 19 there, playing for a team that flirted with relegation and mid table, he is now 25 playing at a huge club whilst also being a German international footballer. He should be much more clinical and used to greater pressure and expectations. He has to have a good season next year. End of story.

Fair enough to say that he needs to be more clinical and do better next season but think the point is the initial period of adaptation. Playing for Chelsea is a completely different thing to playing for Stuttgart or even RB Leipzig. 

Posted (edited)
hace 10 minutos, Jas dijo:

At this point, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the polarizing views that Werner gets. I mean, fair enough that he gets criticized for the misses. However on one hand, you have people who focus only on the misses and abuse him for it but on the other hand, you have people who look beyond the numbers, who can see the other things that he offers to the team. It's all very amusing.

Fair enough to say that he needs to be more clinical and do better next season but think the point is the initial period of adaptation. Playing for Chelsea is a completely different thing to playing for Stuttgart or even RB Leipzig. 

True but theres an initial adaption period and then theres having a bad half/ two thirds of a season. I mean at the beginning of the season when he was sort of scoring/assisting with more regularity was he fully adapted then? 

The majority of players seem to adapt much quicker to leagues than they used to back in the day also and between Germany and the PL the leagues are more similar than further away from each other in terms of intensity and physicality than other leagues such as La Liga and Serie A. Still differences but I think someone who is 25 and plays for Germany should be able to deal with playing under big pressures and expectations considering they’re usually always in the favourites for most tournaments or most games they play. 

Who was the last player we signed that took this long to adapt to the PL? I cant think of many in recent years. Pulisic maybe? But even then when he got in and going you could argue maybe he was held back, particularly after the super cup game as well. There were some who maybe didn’t get a lot of minutes ie. Schurrle, Salah, KdB, Filipe Luis for instance but theres that, then not adapting. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but theres an initial adaption period and then theres having a bad season.

The majority of players seem to adapt much quicker to leagues than they used to back in the day also and between Germany and the PL the leagues are more similar than further away from each other in terms of intensity and physicality than other leagues such as La Liga and Serie A. Still differences but I think someone who is 25 and plays for Germany should be able to deal with playing under big pressures and expectations considering they’re usually always in the favourites for most tournaments or most games they play. 

Who was the last player we signed that took this long to adapt to the PL? I cant think of many in recent years. Pulisic maybe? But even then when he got in and going you could argue maybe he was held back, particularly after the super cup game as well. There were some who maybe didn’t get a lot of minutes ie. Schurrle, Salah, KdB, Filipe Luis for instance but theres that, then not adapting. 

Here's the one big difference though, how many players in the past joined a new club and then had to adapt to a new club, league, country while in the middle of a pandemic and a relentless schedule? 

Not every player is the same and not everyone adapts quickly. Off the top of my head, you have someone like Cancelo looking average in his first season with Man City and now looking like a completely different and better player in his second season. Moreover, Werner isn't the only new signing in the team who have not performed consistently this season. Havertz and Ziyech are other examples. The only mitigating circumstance they have had is injury and COVID, in Havertz's case.

The pressure playing for Chelsea is still different from RB Leipzig and Germany. For Leipzig, yeah, they are expected to win most games etc but no one really expects them to challenge for the major trophies and win them. It's like with Leicester here. They are the favorites in most games but if they don't win them, don't win trophies, no one is gonna pile on them compared to us. One loss here, one failure there, we would be hearing for days, weeks etc. Agree with the Germany bit but playing for Germany only happen once every few months. Still different than when you have the world watching you every week etc.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Werner needs to get up to shape.

Edited by Mana
  • Like 1

Double digits in open play assists. This is something. He does things right except finishing. He missed around 25 big chances this season. I feel if he scored 50% of those we would have completely different narrative.

He would be on 23 goals, 10 assists, some pens won... And that would be something we expected before the season. So high hopes for him next season.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I feel if he scored 50% of those we would have completely different narrative.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

• Like 1