Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

23 minutes ago, Fernando said:

His work rate and attitude is so focus and professional. 

Reminds me a bit to the Russian bloke from Rocky IV....I must break you! :P

Dolph Lundgren turned that role into a long career. He is really well rounded, a Masters in Chemical Engineering. I think his best was Showdown in Little Tokyo with Brandon Lee. Yes, Werner could pass for his younger brother.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Dolph Lundgren turned that role into a long career. He is really well rounded, a Masters in Chemical Engineering. I think his best was Showdown in Little Tokyo with Brandon Lee. Yes, Werner could pass for his younger brother.

Common thing having a 39 years younger brother^^

26 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Great 90's flick that, red scorpian from late 80's was good too with him.

12 minutes ago, Milan said:

Some interesting misses, damn, really interesting misses. But that assist to Abraham was something else.

He is just saving himself for the Tottenham game.

Thank god his misses did not come to bite us back in the arse because he really should have scored at least 2 goals today. That 2nd chance though was another classic example of a player being too unselfish...just like Hazard!

That run to create Abraham's goal was classic Werner, it has to be said. Think only him and Pulisic are capable of producing that kind of chance. 

53 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm glad that those weaker parts of Timo's game exist because they caused other clubs to hesitate while we made our move. If they didn't exist he might be in Munich, Madrid, Barcelona or maybe even Liverpool. In any case, as you say, the overall package he brings to the team is nevertheless very, very good. Good enough to make Timo an automatic starter for our club and good enough to allow him to be a big, big contributor too.

I'm super happy that Timo is a Blue and I'm relieved that the club signed him despite the concerns of some of us, including me.

The ironic thing is Werner had agreed to join Bayern last year's summer but their sporting director was too dumb and thought Werner was only a pace/space merchant and decided to pull out of the deal for the club. Has improved his overall game to be more than just that. 

Based on his explanation of why he chose to join us, it seems like Werner is a pretty level headed fella who thinks through carefully, compared to some other players who make rash decisions about their career. And fortunately for us, Lampard and the club were able to sell a convincing vision and plan to him. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

The ironic thing is Werner had agreed to join Bayern last year's summer but their sporting director was too dumb and thought Werner was only a pace/space merchant and decided to pull out of the deal for the club. Has improved his overall game to be more than just that. 

In fairness, that decision hasn't exactly backfired on Bayern! 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In fairness, that decision hasn't exactly backfired on Bayern! 

In the short-term, yes. But in the long term, he could have been their solution, their future. Instead, they are gonna have to find a new striker somewhere else when Lewandowski slows down. 

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm glad that those weaker parts of Timo's game exist because they caused other clubs to hesitate while we made our move. If they didn't exist he might be in Munich, Madrid, Barcelona or maybe even Liverpool. In any case, as you say, the overall package he brings to the team is nevertheless very, very good. Good enough to make Timo an automatic starter for our club and good enough to allow him to be a big, big contributor too.

I'm super happy that Timo is a Blue and I'm relieved that the club signed him despite the concerns of some of us, including me.

Yes, I am also glad that timo has signed for us. I personally have very little concern with timo signing. I am far more concerned with silva and Havertz. 

With werner it is so obvious from watching his game with rb, let him do what Werner does best and he will produce number at very high clip. Do we need him to be great at build up and hold up? Nope, we have other player to do that. I think i mentioned this to Jason, it is similar to how klopp handled Salah. 

4 hours ago, communicate said:

With werner it is so obvious from watching his game with rb, let him do what Werner does best and he will produce number at very high clip. Do we need him to be great at build up and hold up? Nope, we have other player to do that. I think i mentioned this to Jason, it is similar to how klopp handled Salah. 

Not even sure if Salah is the ideal comparison given he primarily plays on the flanks...

The funny thing here is, one of the main reasons Werner is being played so much on the left right now is because of Pulisic's injury and the fact that Lampard doesn't fully trust CHO. Had Pulisic been fit, Werner would have likely spent more time playing through the middle. 

And as I alluded to you before, don't know why you keep on thinking we need to have this physical striker upfront to do the buildup play or hold up for others etc. Do you see Man City doing that with Aguero upfront, for example? Moreover, we haven't even seen enough of this 4-3-3 with Werner leading the line and flanked by Pulisic and Ziyech to see how that works but people are already jumping to conclusions. There are many ways to skin a cat. 

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not even sure if Salah is the ideal comparison given he primarily plays on the flanks...

The funny thing here is, one of the main reasons Werner is being played so much on the left right now is because of Pulisic's injury and the fact that Lampard doesn't fully trust CHO. Had Pulisic been fit, Werner would have likely spent more time playing through the middle. 

And as I alluded to you before, don't know why you keep on thinking we need to have this physical striker upfront to do the buildup play or hold up for others etc. Do you see Man City doing that with Aguero upfront, for example? Moreover, we haven't even seen enough of this 4-3-3 with Werner leading the line and flanked by Pulisic and Ziyech to see how that works but people are already jumping to conclusions. There are many ways to skin a cat. 

but i have a "blessing in disguise" about pulisic injury. we just see that tammy is really effective playing againt the low block defense,,it come better and better to see his ball control now and make space for Werner/Ziyech to shoot from outside penalty box. thanks god,,we already have more attacking option now in the league. big credit is to 4-3-3 system to accomodate the weakness of Kante and Mount so far. next,,i really hope Kai's effect as our big transfer this season to complete this puzzle....