Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

Need to try find him more at times, you can see he is looking to move a lot of the time but he had to come deeper a lot tonight but at least you can see his runs are precisely what you'd want and even if its short distance when we have the ball or long distance when we nick it back to stretch teams, he makes the right ones more often than not. Hugely impressed me so far though, even if his goals haven't been as frequent as I am sure he would of wanted but there's things to account for that, new league and team although he has 4 in 8 which isn't the worst start either. I think when we see a bit more of a collective attack as opposed to 3 or 4 individuals, he will get much more chances but the question is when will we see that? I know we've just won 4-0 but one goal was a PK, the first one should of been saved. 

42 minutes ago, communicate said:

Involved in 2 goals but overall game was poor l. It is pretty the same when he play on the left 

That's the thing though. If your CF plays poorly and can still be involved in 2 goals, that's when you know he is a very good player. Burnley was always going to be difficult for him, hence why he wasn't in the starting 11 (obviously tiredness and did think one of Giroud/Abraham good move not only for attack but also for defending corners/set pieces etc which is a Burnley strength) because the space in behind wouldn't of been there as much as they like to play quite deep. Pity Christian had a problem and had to be changed but again these things happen. 

His finish was ice cool. Brilliant. Ziyech as well, the pass, the weight of it, the simplicity, top notch. 

Werner on his form/performances so far this season...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/timo-werner-chelsea-havertz-rudiger-19214161

What have you made to your start to life at Chelsea?

"The first ten games for Chelsea were really good for me. I learned a lot. I learned a lot about British football and the Premier League. I thought it was different to German football because in the way we play because of other differences in the league. But until now I am very happy. It makes it a lot of fun to play here, a lot of fun to play with the guys.

"We have a good team. You see now that when everybody is fit and come out of quarantine and come out of injuries and we play and train for two months together we see we have because a very good team. We learn much more than two weeks ago. For me it makes it a lot of fun to be here, it makes it a lot of fun to play my first games and if we go on with the next games like this it will be perfect."

Do you feel at home at Chelsea?

"Of course. At the beginning always when you come to a new country, a new league, to come to a different style of football it’s always something different. Now I think I’m here in the league – I know how to play, I know what ways are better for my game, better for my team, better for my teammates. I feel really comfortable now and I hope it will go on like this."

Do you get tired because you have played a lot already? And which game have you learned the most from?

“Of course, some days I am tired because of the match days I have played but I did it last season as well so I think these days it is normal to play so many games. Of course, every player needs a rest one game but I think this time the international break comes at the right point. It is always good sometimes to rest there. But in the end I think it is good to play every games. I have fun playing every game so it is no problem for me.

“The game I learned most is hard to say, We have played so many different games. We have played against two bigger teams against United and Liverpool, but also the teams from the second half of the table are so hard to play because there are so many good players as well as their team. They have a lot of good managers with tactics that make it difficult for us to score. Every game is a good game for me to learn. Usually when you come into a new country, a new league you have learn every game. For me I have learned a lot in every game.”