Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

4 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Well for one, play him as a striker.

With Pulisic taking back the LW position after the international break I'm sure Timo will play up front most games. And Havertz will play behind him to get the best out of both players.

Just now, Jype said:

With Pulisic taking back the LW position after the international break I'm sure Timo will play up front most games.

But what happens if/when Pulisic is out again? Don't tell me we're gonna move Werner out wide there every single time? 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

But what happens if/when Pulisic is out again? Don't tell me we're gonna move Werner out wide there every single time? 

When Ziyech is back as well I'd hope for CHO-Werner-Ziyech as the front three if Pulisic is out. Callum is at his best on the left wing anyway and less effective on the right.

Not sure Lampard sees it that way though.

Werner had flu-like symptoms, tested negative and will join up with Germany

Chelsea striker Timo Werner was kept away from the Germany squad for the first part of this week as the 24-year-old was suffering from flu-like symptoms.

Werner didn’t feature for Die Mannschaft in their 3-3 draw in a friendly against Turkey in Cologne on Wednesday. However, he will now be part of the Germany squad for their games against Ukraine and Switzerland as he has been declared fit to take part and passed the required COVID-19 tests.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/10/08/shaqiri-werner-covid-19-false-positive-all-clear/

1 hour ago, Jype said:

When Ziyech is back as well I'd hope for CHO-Werner-Ziyech as the front three if Pulisic is out. Callum is at his best on the left wing anyway and less effective on the right.

Not sure Lampard sees it that way though.

Therein lies the potential problem. 

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I do not know if that is a good goal or horrible defending

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

:lol: If that had been Abraham, you would have been shouting from the rooftop over it. 

You could maybe argue that one of the defenders should have just taken him out (and maybe risk him getting injured!) but it's never easy to stop a player suddenly running at you, especially once you start backpedaling, and he still had a lot to do to score that goal. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Has more goals for Germany than us this season..

He has played on the wing most of the games for us hasn't he though? With little space to run in behind to.

Position doesnt suit him as much as it did for Leipzig as they played with much more directness and unpredictability in the final third IMO. Their style of play was much more clear. He basically would come in off the side and almost play as a second striker. Same for Germany in previous times he has played on the left but seems to play centrally more often than not now.

Don't think Leipzig play against as many packed defences as we do but when Ziyech comes back and Pulisic we will be able to use him centrally and should have more directness and creativity in our attack. Creating space for him in behind teams is going to be key to maximising his goal scoring ability. 

Timo Werner names four Chelsea legends he idolised growing up

The German striker is clearly delighted to be playing at Stamford Bridge and is all too familiar with some of the legends to have plied their trade there

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/timo-werner-names-four-chelsea-22841907

Timo Werner has named his manager Frank Lampard and Chelsea legends Didier Drogba, Petr Cech and Ashley Cole as the Blues players he admired while growing up.

snip