Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

11. Timo Werner


Jas
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really taking the piss now 

Werner has never been the most clinical of players. Last season in the Bundesliga he recorded 20 big chances missed, only second to Lewandowski at 24. That said, it comes with the territory. He's

A bit of class by RB Leipzig by posting the 'one step beyond' and now saying "Look after him for us, we will be rooting for Frank's young guns next season" Classy as fuck

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

The fact that even you are speechless speaks volumes😂

I mean...how does one even go about defending that kind of miss???

I know he has missed lots of chances before but this is getting scary/ridiculous. Feels like he can't even do anything right when trying to score anymore. Maybe needs to see a sports psychologist or something...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bundesliga fans did warn us that he misses loads. RB just created a tremendous amount of chances for him and in Germany, there is always space behind the back line which is where Werner flourishes. 

Don't think he'll get any better. 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bundesliga fans did warn us that he misses loads. RB just created a tremendous amount of chances for him and in Germany, there is always space behind the back line which is where Werner flourishes. 

Don't think he'll get any better. 😬

Yes, I tried to warn you guys lol

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bundesliga fans did warn us that he misses loads. RB just created a tremendous amount of chances for him and in Germany, there is always space behind the back line which is where Werner flourishes. 

Don't think he'll get any better. 😬

Even with all the misses, one doesn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accident. But this? This has become a trainwreck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean...how does one even go about defending that kind of miss???

I know he has missed lots of chances before but this is getting scary/ridiculous. Feels like he can't even do anything right when trying to score anymore. Maybe needs to see a sports psychologist or something...

I used to shoot like Werner for a couple of minutes during a warmup, after one and a half years of not playing football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean...how does one even go about defending that kind of miss???

I know he has missed lots of chances before but this is getting scary/ridiculous. Feels like he can't even do anything right when trying to score anymore. Maybe needs to see a sports psychologist or something...

He did this for a long time now. I fail to see why people are surprised, and I'm being as genuine as I can. If you look at his miss compilation, then you'll see what I mean. 

Why do you think I was fuming when people were defending him, and making it seem like he is this undroppable player?

As I said before we should bench him. If not then I can see his misses costing us against tougher opposition like Man City or Porto.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Even with all the misses, one doesn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accident. But this? This has become a trainwreck. 

The majority of his goals were finding space behind the back line and shifting to the left. He won't find any space like that in the prem. RB also played to his strengths, where there was a lot of creativity in their midfield that supplied Werner. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

that miss was terrible but I think the one vs leeds where he literally hit the bar from 1m is worse. He has more open goal misses now than goals in the same period now.... no idea what is wrong with his head but he always used to have these barren patches. Not this barren tho and you would think he had matured....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I didn't won money on betting only because Germany tonight. If he scored that chance they would 99% win so thank you Timo 🤡

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The majority of his goals were finding space behind the back line and shifting to the left. He won't find any space like that in the prem. RB also played to his strengths, where there was a lot of creativity in their midfield that supplied Werner. 

You're overcomplicating things, the amount of chances he's missed for us is a clear indication that space in behind is not an issue. The issue is his mentality, simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Azul said:

He did this for a long time now. I fail to see why people are surprised, and I'm being as genuine as I can. If you look at his miss compilation, then you'll see what I mean. 

Why do you think I was fuming when people were defending him, and making it seem like he is this undroppable player?

As I said before we should bench him. If not then I can see his misses costing us against tougher opposition like Man City or Porto.

I am aware of the misses but the point is, he didn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accidents, meaning he knows how to finish at the very least even if it's not very consistent. But this...missing an open goal???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The majority of his goals were finding space behind the back line and shifting to the left. He won't find any space like that in the prem. RB also played to his strengths, where there was a lot of creativity in their midfield that supplied Werner. 

He didn't score all the goals because he had lots of space to score. The finishing is inconsistent but if you see the goals that he scored, the kind of finishes with those goals, you can see the know-how is there. But now? It's like the "wires" in his head just get tangled up whenever there's a chance to score. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Azul said:

You're overcomplicating things, the amount of chances he's missed for us is a clear indication that space in behind is not an issue. The issue is his mentality, simple.

To direct you to Jason's point, he scored 90 goals in 4 seasons. When you look at his goals, the majority of which were from the space behind the back line. 

The prem limits the space he finds with a low block, thus reducing the number of chances he'll get. Thus reducing the number of goals. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And I didn't won money on betting only because Germany tonight. If he scored that chance they would 99% win so thank you Timo 🤡

On another note, is anyone gonna talk about Rudiger's defending for Macedonia's 2nd goal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

On another note, is anyone gonna talk about Rudiger's defending for Macedonia's 2nd goal?

It seems to me that he is just not made for a back 4 with his very limited football IQ

Edited by killer1257
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

To direct you to Jason's point, he scored 90 goals in 4 seasons. When you look at his goals, the majority of which were from the space behind the back line. 

The prem limits the space he finds with a low block, thus reducing the number of chances he'll get. Thus reducing the number of goals. 

The amount of space or lack of it isn't the issue. Even if one gets space to score, they still gotta know how to put the ball in the back of the net. Although inconsistent, he's shown that he can finish before but everything is a car crash right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

I am aware of the misses but the point is, he didn't score 90+ goals in 4 seasons by accidents, meaning he knows how to finish at the very least even if it's not very consistent. But this...missing an open goal???

You try to find logic and try to back up stats for why he is failing at Chelsea, but football is not all about stats mate. Football is 99% about a players mentality and he is mentally finished right now.

He is used to being the main man at a smaller club, and when he came to this club he was not ready to deal with the pressure. I'm giving him next season to prove himself as I do with every player that comes to Chelsea, however we can't rely on him at this moment. It was very easy to see that he should've been benched a while ago, not only for the benefit of the team but also for the benefit of his season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...