Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He had a volley shot, which he at least could have placed at targets. He clearly scored similar goals at Leipzig.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Do you mean the one that was deflected out for a corner very late on in the match?

Do you mean the one that was deflected out for a corner very late on in the match?
It was definitely during second half of the match. It might be the incident you described,but I am not so sure if someone actually blocked his volley shot for a corner. I remember him trying a volley shot, which was not that bad technique wise, but did not hit the target

Just now, killer1257 said:

It was definitely during second half of the match. It might be the incident you described,but I am not so sure if someone actually blocked his volley shot for a corner. I remember him trying a volley shot, which was not that bad technique wise, but did not hit the target

Not 100% sure but pretty sure that was the only volley he had. The other shot he had was from outside the box, which he should have done better. But yeah, expecting him to score - or anyone - to score the high volley with so many people around would be ludicrous. 

I might be wrong but he's got a look about him like all he needs to do is break the seal and will bang them in over and over.  His chance off the crossbar was not an easy take and could've gone in for the same price.  Much more difficult take than someone else's borderline sitter. 

Nagelsmann always said that Werner is not good against teams that defend deep due to lack of space . This is one of those matches. People also forget that Bundesliga has a lot of space due to the fact that even low level teams do not sit deep. I mean, a team like Schalke, which has many low level players, plays with a high line against Bayern and then they wonder why they conceded 8 goals lol.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am sure the other players will accept we didn't play well yesterday but this is like the second time Werner has mentioned our not-so-good performance publicly this season..

He sure did, but also I see it as he has already assimilated himself to the Chels cause. He already bleeds Blue....I have high hope and expectation for him.

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Very impressed by him even on the wings. Has all the tools. Hunger,Pace,Intelligence. Happy he got his first goal.

I know there was a lot of talk of Werner likes to drift in from the left wing but FML, he is wasted out there based on how he is used at the moment. Operating like a winger more than anything. :doh: 

Just now, Jason said:

I know there was a lot of talk of Werner likes to drift in from the left wing but FML, he is wasted out there based on how he is used at the moment. Operating like a winger more than anything. :doh: 

Even being wasted out there hes still by far the best winger we have until Pulisic/Ziyech get fit.